Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

Bang

2C – Is now a level 4 attack.

6B – On air hit, it causes a ground bounce.

Bang Iron Storm – The input is now 632146B.

Shishigami Ultimate Hidden Art – Ultimate Ten Thousand Hurricane Explosion – The attack is now faster against grounded opponents.

The 2C buff is nice.

6B, not sure

Command grab super now faster on ground. Fuck yes.

Bang

2C – Is now a level 4 attack.

6B – On air hit, it causes a ground bounce.

Bang Iron Storm – The input is now 632146B.

Shishigami Ultimate Hidden Art – Ultimate Ten Thousand Hurricane Explosion – The attack is now faster against grounded opponents.

The 2C buff is nice.

6B, not sure

Command grab super now faster on ground. Fuck yes.

It's not that great, it just means that people press 7/8/9 to escape the grab instead of jab is its buffed that much, 2C buff barely matters since its just gonna be -2 instead of -4 right? doesn't change much at all really.

6B probably isn't gonna create any stellar combo opportunities and it's removing one of the only good things CP Bang has, the changes don't address any of the key issues he's facing and just show that Arcsys don't care about the character in the slightest anymore.

We'll have to see exactly what kind of bounce 6B will do to really have an idea at this point. It's not like these are all the changes anyhow. As for the DD change, I think it's made so that you can reversal with it on the ground better. You shouldn't be doing it if they can jump out in the first place.

Honeslty the 2C change is going to be wonderful. 2C is his biggest weakness in CP. If your opponent knows the matchup and IBs 2C, you will eat a combo. You can try to super crash, but if they block that you are definitely going to eat a combo. Now at least you can stop at 2C and be safe.

3C will still combo into 2B ~ 6B at least once, and from there it will go into more great proration moves like 5B 5C and j.C. It's nothing to be upset over.

Don't forget the most important thing. They are equalizing backdashes. Bang's backdash -MIGHT- finally not suck.

I think another Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan guide is in order, or at least an updated one, with time efficient blockstrings and combos, and full/best versions of each

EDIT: and what does "equalizing backdashes" mean, exactly?

Honeslty the 2C change is going to be wonderful. 2C is his biggest weakness in CP. If your opponent knows the matchup and IBs 2C, you will eat a combo. You can try to super crash, but if they block that you are definitely going to eat a combo. Now at least you can stop at 2C and be safe.

3C will still combo into 2B ~ 6B at least once, and from there it will go into more great proration moves like 5B 5C and j.C. It's nothing to be upset over.

Don't forget the most important thing. They are equalizing backdashes. Bang's backdash -MIGHT- finally not suck.

Bang's backdash is good for some things and bad for others. The sheer DISTANCE it covers is great for escaping, it's just that you have to be smart with it or you'll get air-hit. It's awesome against gadget finger oki and some other things. It's so good I end up conditioning people to do stupidly unsafe things after it and then get free 5Bs on wakeup lol.

Ultimately, I think it's more likely they'd make backdashes universally suck more than the opposite, though.

With Gadget finger, all Tager has to do is hold the A for a microsecond to catch Bang's backdash, unfortunately. The only thing it beats, on gadget finger, is 5A. If he does 5C or 360A Backdash fails.

What does level 4 attack mean? Is there more to it than the frame change?

What it means is that it will have more blockstun and hitstun. Assuming the recovery doesn't get changed, that would mean it will be safer on block.

EDIT: and what does "equalizing backdashes" mean, exactly?

It's hard to say what they mean exactly by it, but my guess would be reducing the gap of differences between the fastest and slowest back dashes (perhaps with the exception of Tager). They will probably also lessen the difference in invincible frames between the most and least invincible backdashes (this might actually hurt Bang).

It's hard to say for now.

It's not that Tager can't do absolutely anything, it's that it adds a layer of options to the mixup that other chars lack. If he does 360 there's always the risk I jump out, if he does 5C then wakup ashura or 5A wins. What 90% of Tagers tend to do after GF is 5A though, it's the "safe" and "logical" choice, and backdash beats it, that's the real benefit of it.

As for 2C, maybe the increased level will make it so that 623B hits em higher up in the air after it, allowing for more time after it to 2B in, which would be godsent.

Now that I looked at the numbers, I HOPE TO GOD THIS IS ACCURATE, I think 2C might actually be even on block. Isn't that amazing?

I think we can do, if 6B is going to groudn bounce like Unlimited Bang's Chipp overhead thingie, 3C fatal > 2B > 6B > 665B > 5C > 6A > 6C > dJD > whatever stuffs

I just really hope we can get 4k off of 3C FC meterless still, it was a great reward for an unsafe move

4k? 4k's kinda low lol. You can get like 7k in the corner and stuff. I expect at least 5k meterless with what we know right now. We get this much from standing 5B so 3C fatal should be way higher.

Everything else the same, you should be able to do something like:

3Cfc>2B>6B>5B>JC>IADJC>J2C>J236A>665A>6C>J>JD>236C>5C>6D>623b which if you count the poison should be near 5K. We may even be able to do 6B after the web nail into air combo ender, which should add even more.

So I only got to watch this now..... Mind=Blown. Teleport cancels.. what?

Don't forget we got 8K from a CH 5B. That J4B loop is the most optimal piece of work Japan has ever found... we need to keep this rolling.

You basically just have to hope that you'd have crossed sides by the time the upward dash becomes cancellable into normals so that you won't get a jB. What you input there is just 9(hold)B and it comes out if in the right spot.

So I'm experimenting with this 5B CH>j.4B thing, and it seems REALLY positioning specific. I've got it a few times, about 1/10th of the time. You have to be JUST behind them, so that, because j.4B kind of moves Bang forward, and his physical extent backwards and downwards his leg catches them so he doesnt go father than he has to. That's all I've really gotten from practicing so far, will keep updated if I find anything useful

If we are lucky and they actually tweak the recovery of 2C we might be even or even + on block.

The timing for the 5B 8k combos is really strict I have been trying it but cant do it consistently

You know, after rereading the patch notes and browsing through the forums a bit, I think that jumping attacks have been nerfed in terms of damage next patch.... I guess that means we need to fix your approach options next game

You could get damage from an RC command throw then though, you could also pick up decently from a super crash not point blank in the corner.

They didn't nerf the P2 of all the jumping attacks, Tsubaki's damage of a very basic combo was actually slightly increased (100 damage) so if we are lucky we are either the same or buffed :v