Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

Yeah the combo now seems to be something like 3C>2B>6b>665B>5C>6A>6C>J22A>JC>665B>JC>IADJC>J2C>J236A>stuff. You should be able to add CT in there too, it will be interesting either way.

After seeing the new ground bounce of 6B in that link, will dash 5B into 5C be a viable CT route to get lots of damage. Oh and Derikoo, could you define the ability to be Bang a bit more for those who don't understand? Because i'm a bit lost on that

Hehe. That's not something a man defines, that's something a man feels once he's done being Baing and is overcome with awesomeness. Think the feeling of landing a frkz shipuugeki reset or astralling a full screen spark bolt or baiting bursts with web nails or daifunkaing through anything and everything.

That kinda stuff.

you can't astral a full screen Spark Bolt anymore?

Who said that? I was just giving an example of what I meant. The only thing you can't do is he 6B 2B loop.

So how does everyone feel about the jin match up? Its looking depressing...I was looking at the vids that we have here and I just the Asian players getting perfected by jins or juat losing and only taking 1 round at least. :X

So how does everyone feel about the jin match up? Its looking depressing...I was looking at the vids that we have here and I just the Asian players getting perfected by jins or juat losing and only taking 1 round at least. :X

Match up, contrary to popular belief , is actually easier than it was in orher installments. I guess the lack of gimmicky resets with EX sworddukens and 5B nerf made it easier for Bang

Man, I really think Bang is going to get nastier post patch just because of the changes to everyone's backdashes. His pressure seems like it will be easier to maintain and become scarier.

Just curious, what's the plan going to be with the forums after patch? Will we be making a new combo thread (even though not a whole lot should be changing)? I know there's a ton of information in the current one.

Man, I really think Bang is going to get nastier post patch just because of the changes to everyone's backdashes. His pressure seems like it will be easier to maintain and become scarier.

Just curious, what's the plan going to be with the forums after patch? Will we be making a new combo thread (even though not a whole lot should be changing)? I know there's a ton of information in the current one.

To be really honest, Bang never really changed all that much, so we could just have a small section for 1.0 combos and 1.10 combos. Not really changing is a good thing in CP, seeing as how Bang kinda felt strong, but not overpowering... unlike a few other animals/snakemang we know...

I like Valky though....

I think having a new combo thread in the top post which links to the old one would be the best way to go. We can cherrypick a few useful things from it as well if they keep applying in the new version and repost them.

Match up, contrary to popular belief , is actually easier than it was in orher installments. I guess the lack of gimmicky resets with EX sworddukens and 5B nerf made it easier for Bang

I felt it easier in CS haha. But alright, for now its his overhead and all his normals. I don't know when he is unsafe...at all. Can't figure it out.

The Jin matchup was something like CP>CS2>EX>CS1 as far as how bad Bang had it. The issue in this version specifically is that Jin gets easier and more significant rewards out of his defensive options so the matchup devolves into a big game of neutral with Bang never wanting to be on the defensive since he lacks Jin's defensive options which would mean bad things. You need to play the player a lot when you fight Jin. Baiting and punishing stuff is a must have in this matchup than in most other CP matchups. This is why I prefer fighting some of the on-paper worse matchups more. At least I feel like I have a chance once I lock them down in pressure. With Jin you can never just switch your mind entirely to "assault mode", you must always have a back door approach due to his multiple and very good defensive tools.

Hoo, wait, realization. You can 5C>6B. Maybe the new fatal loop will be 5B 5C 6B 665B>repeat. I don't know if it'd be corner specific but it should be possible with what we know so far.

Sorry, this information is probably somewhere already. Does tagging someone who is actively poisoned with another poison nail just reset the timer of the poison? Gotten mixed info, just want to be sure lol.

Yeah, it'd be nice if it was cumulative though. Oh and in case you didn't know, having the poison fully run out causes approximately 800 damage.

Yeah, it'd be nice if it was cumulative though. Oh and in case you didn't know, having the poison fully run out causes approximately 800 damage.

^I had thought it was around there. Does that include the initial damage from the nail landing or is that on top of that? Either way that's great to know and that's insane really.

^I had thought it was around there. Does that include the initial damage from the nail landing or is that on top of that? Either way that's great to know and that's insane really.

I was speaking poison damage. The nail itself is subject to normal damage proration. Raw it does 300 but by the time you actually use it mid-combo it won't do much at all.

i'm really surprised you guys are just now connecting the dots on something that's been there for a while now. 5c 6b on fatal is VERY old. if the underlying frame data on 5b, 5c, and 6b (bounce change aside) remain as is, then the corner combo is 3c 2b tk623b d.5b 5c 6b d.5b 5c 6b d.5b 5c 6d 623b 2b 6c jc j2c for 5.4k--the same damage it deals currently. it's rachel specific for now, but will more than likely be universal in 1.1--and corner mightn't even be necessary to string together a few reps of d.5b 5c 6b :/

i'm really surprised you guys are just now connecting the dots on something that's been there for a while now. 5c 6b on fatal is VERY old. if the underlying frame data on 5b, 5c, and 6b (bounce change aside) remain as is, then the corner combo is 3c 2b tk623b d.5b 5c 6b d.5b 5c 6b d.5b 5c 6d 623b 2b 6c jc j2c for 5.4k--the same damage it deals currently. it's rachel specific for now, but will more than likely be universal in 1.1--and corner mightn't even be necessary to string together a few reps of d.5b 5c 6b :/

There are better corner combos off of. 3C FC, tbh

If you're gonna go the CT route in the fatal combo, might as well do the full on 7k route. If you won't have meter for the ashura just save the CT and go for the 4 seal route.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23143959

At 0:18 seconds in this video the Bang player uses 22A to keep the speed of a bumper launch whilst going full screen, I've been trying it myself and only got it once through luck, has anyone seen this before? Anyone know how to do it?

I've tried doing 282A which gives me TK 22A but that does help me actually perform the slingshot manuver, it also wont let me store the 282 motion then do 6A in the air after bumper movement begins so I'm a bit stuck, I might just need to practice it but any help would be appreciated since this looks like a godsend for the Valk matchup.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23143959

At 0:18 seconds in this video the Bang player uses 22A to keep the speed of a bumper launch whilst going full screen, I've been trying it myself and only got it once through luck, has anyone seen this before? Anyone know how to do it?

I've tried doing 282A which gives me TK 22A but that does help me actually perform the slingshot manuver, it also wont let me store the 282 motion then do 6A in the air after bumper movement begins so I'm a bit stuck, I might just need to practice it but any help would be appreciated since this looks like a godsend for the Valk matchup.

28>262A basicly the 2 from the the sj does not buffer long enough so that you could do 2862A. So before you get into the trigger zone of the bumper you need to rebuffer the first 2.

Any good footage since March 22nd for Bang in 1.1? Any new combo routes people are seeing with the changes to 2C or anything? And any footage of some new FC combos from 3C?