Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huey253

[CP] Bang Gameplay Discussion

Damn, that is the saddest nerf. Guess it's time to just do more j.Cs instead, and more crush triggering.

For some reason at 3 AM I read that as it wouldn't finish the Daifunka if FRKZ ran out before the super finished. Ok, I'm on the same page now haha.

Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan runs out mid daifunka in 1.0. You just see it now.

I mean, FRKZ now just runs out instead of staying active until the final hit.  Its just weird

Did they change the properties on the umbrella toss at all? (Other than the input for it). I keep seeing it being used in these 1.1 videos. I can't tell if they're just trying it with the new input or if maybe startup or something changed on it.

Did they change the properties on the umbrella toss at all? (Other than the input for it). I keep seeing it being used in these 1.1 videos. I can't tell if they're just trying it with the new input or if maybe startup or something changed on it.

Don't think so, the only thing mentioned was the input change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0FVQM1tHg

So many sideswaps.  Also optimized a random low hit.  Just for you <3

^Don't know why but I love the dash cancel > 6B after the 2D in your OD combos haha.

What is the best way, or what would you guys recommend, to deal with backdash and techrolls? Really struggling with both currently. For rolls, do you just kind of have to guess right and pressure with say, 2B or B?

^Don't know why but I love the dash cancel > 6B after the 2D in your OD combos haha.

What is the best way, or what would you guys recommend, to deal with backdash and techrolls? Really struggling with both currently. For rolls, do you just kind of have to guess right and pressure with say, 2B or B?

I think 2A usually deals with forward rolls and 2B MAY deal with Back rolls.  Usually, hitting 5C in the corner is a fitting meaty if they do NOT decide to roll.  But I dunno about midscreen though, so probably chase them or give some space and harass with nails

Based double post, not care.

So me and Rsquared took it upon ourselves to create a special 4 seals project where we discuss all about various ways to get all 4 seals from a variety of situations. We also want you all to participate by discussing setups with us so we as a whole can figure out our best confirm into the guaranteed 4 seals and much more. Please join us, its a thing about stuff

corner basic confirms:

6C vers are character specific:

X>6C>j.22A>j.C>j.623B>5B>2B>5D>446C>j.D>j.2369C>6D>2369C>2D>j.C>j.2C

X>6C>iadj.C>j.2C>5A>2B>5D>446C>j.D>j.2369C>6D>2369C>2D>j.C>j.2C

X>6C>j.22A>delay j.C>2B>5D>446C>j.D>j.2369C>6D>2369C>2D>j.C>j.2C

X>2C>623B>2A>5B>delay 2B>5D>446C>j.D>j.2369C>6D>2369C>2D>j.C>j.2C

Based double post, not care.

So me and Rsquared took it upon ourselves to create a special 4 seals project where we discuss all about various ways to get all 4 seals from a variety of situations. We also want you all to participate by discussing setups with us so we as a whole can figure out our best confirm into the guaranteed 4 seals and much more. Please join us, its a thing about stuff

I'd love to.

Midscreen:

5D ch>2D>j.D>C-Nail>5C>6D

5C>5D>rapid>same as above

6D ch>tk c nail>2D>j.D>C-Nail>5D

5C>100% life ODc>5B>5D>6D>6>2D>j.D>X

Near corner:

X>6C>j.D>c nail>6D>tk c nail>5D>run up>2D

X>6C>j.D>c nail>5D>6D>tk c nail>2D

This is all I could think of off the top of my head, I'll let you guys know if I remember any more.

starting position, standing confirm N starter:

X>6C>iadj.C>j.2C>5A>2B>5D>662D>j.D>j.236C>5C>6D>623B

Also try to limit nail uses to just 2, no more.

Character specific near corner N starter: Tager, Rachel, Bang(inconsistent), Hakumen(inconsistent)

X>6C>iadj.B>j.C>5C>2D>6283B>5A>2B>5D>446C>j.D>j.2369C>5C>6D>623B>662C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bgfDJxmBCA anyone have an idea how this is done? if its legit.

he seems to always go into a crouch after the teleport.

After mashing 360ABD over and over after guardpointing i've managed to mash out the cancel 3 times total (out of hundreds of tries) so it definitely exists.

I heard you almost have to kara-cancel the move into Barrier or something.  I've gotten it like 2 times, but i have no idea

That doesn't look like intended use of the mechanics at all and better get patched out faster than Parry Loops.

Or character tiers are completely irrelevant and what you're looking at is a glitch.

There's no justifiable excuse for taking advantage of glitches and cheats in a competitive environment. It undermines any and all efforts towards honest competition.

Especially when you have to put in a rediculous amount of effort for the glitch, I mean, 3 successful attempts out of a probably exaggerated 100? Sounds more skill based than anything else lol.

If you're trying that hard then it's more evidence that it's not intended.

And Smash Bros is the most laughable joke of a "fighting game". I would never consider it competitive at a tournament level.

There's hard links that aren't practical at all, clearly not intended to be doable. All I'm sayin is you can't just say "glitches are cheats" when there's plenty of games that use them in a competitive environment.

There are hard links, and then there's taking advantage of systems in the game to produce an unexpected outcome.

Should be fairly obvious which one this is.

If I'm the only one who thinks this is complete BS then they might as well give Hazama another command grab while they're at it.