Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GVGguy

Fan-based music by fans!

Note: The Lead Guitar is one octave lower because it sounded a bit too squeaky/weird, also because the solo sounds better this way.

The organ components could've covered it though. Besides that flaw, the rest is very good. You literally turned a Blazblue song into a straight up Guilty Gear one. Not bad. Added effects, sounds, and instruments should serve you well in your original compositions. Speaking of, I have heard quite a handful of your originals (fan-made included) and I honestly felt they were bare boned or monotone even though there's a good idea behind them all. All you need is a bit of dynamism, or really, just all the parts a song often needs; intro, first verse, chorus, 2nd verse, and so on.

If you're up for it, I think I know what might help you. A rather recent example, actually.

Just as hype as the original! I liked the use of the organs in the chaotic middle part after the first bit of the chorus bit (which is just as hype as the original!)

The organ components could've covered it though. Besides that flaw, the rest is very good. You literally turned a Blazblue song into a straight up Guilty Gear one. Not bad. Added effects, sounds, and instruments should serve you well in your original compositions. Speaking of, I have heard quite a handful of your originals (fan-made included) and I honestly felt they were bare boned or monotone even though there's a good idea behind them all. All you need is a bit of dynamism, or really, just all the parts a song often needs; intro, first verse, chorus, 2nd verse, and so on.

If you're up for it, I think I know what might help you. A rather recent example, actually.

Sure, I don't do original compositions anymore because I'm on a huge creative block and now I'm actually learning slowly in a music institute how to compose music formally, but I'll accept all the help that I can. But we should continue this in PMs given I don't want to derail this thread too much. ^^;

On another news, here's my take at Relius's theme, not fully accurate though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74bMPrHIAU

I like the instruments and how well they added a somewhat sinister theme to Relius. Makes me think of the live version they did last year! :)

I admit, this made me think of a mix of his new theme + sollitude that asks for nothing in return. It suits him rather well!

Before the second verse, there's a nod to what led up to the verses in Solitude. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVHvIv3Qfw

Tomorrow's the day, guys! Tomorrow's the freaking Heavy Day! So that makes it self explanatory that I'm bringing you yet ANOTHER remix of the rocking greatness!

Enjoy! 

I think I remember hearing this from guilty logs 1! :D

With Slow Waker being my most favorite new track in Xrd, I've been waiting quite a while for this, and you didn't disappoint one bit. And yeah, I've noticed a few nod quite early, but I bet you couldn't help yourself.

definitely loved the remix of slow walker.

with the tempo you got with it, it definitely gave me a March of the Wicked King feel! :D

that neat instrument that added a techno feel kinda made me think of the first rendition of make oneself too. (I need to know what it's called >.<)