Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

Order-Sol vs. Jam

A few pointers I can think of for the time being: Both characters are short range fighters and fast, it's hard to keep Jam under pressure for too long (outside the corner). If you try to run her down and make a mistake, you can be badly punished for it (depending on what card's she's got or whether she manages to loop you with a gatling). Block the special sweep (236S, K) anytime Jam has got a K card, she can hit you into the corner with charged Ryuujin (un-techable for an eternity) and loop you with puffballs and 2HS, 6HS HS stuff. Basically you'll lose at least half your bar, probably more. If you have burst, use it when she goes for 2HS. If you end up bursting too high up or at the wrong point, you'll most likely eat another puffball as you fall down and the looping will continue. Sweep any normal 236S moves on reaction and CC...on CH you'll get a free combo (CH happens quite often vs 236S moves if you time it nicely). Never try this against FB puffball or 236S, K when Jam has a K card tho (the trade is too much to risk, just block!). Block the crossup IAD dragon kicks in the air carefully. Lv1 GB may be useful vs these shenanigans when used as anti air (don't ever try to use 5HS, it's too slow and you'll most likely come off worse). If the IADs become predictable, try and air throw her. Watch out for low j.2Ks if Jam has enough Tension to RC and followup. Always be mindful of parry (vs jump ins, overdrives, badly time meaties etc...). She can't parry low attacks so 2K, 2D and Fafnir are your friends here. If you're using 2HS and 6K on wakeup, make sure you hit with them meaty, else you risk being parried and punished (normally a gatling into knockdown then a card power up). You may also need to bait wakeup reversal dragon kicks from time to time (depending on how much your opponent uses them). Don't reversal GB or SV too much if Jam likes to use 6HS as a meaty (it's got long periods of throw and lower body invincibility). On CH this leads to big damage and knockdown for a card. So if you mess up your timing you're in trouble. 6HS is +5 on block, try to IB to avoid big disadvantage or even just FD.

FB puffball or puffballs basically loses to low stance moves. So won't Gunblaze, especially level 2 and 3, beable to outright beat out that move? Same for Ryujin. Hopefully OS is low throughout the animation, since 2D isn't long ranged enough to make it feasible and it has less frames where he's low so it's a greater risk to use that to stop the puffball.

FB puffball or puffballs basically loses to low stance moves.

Read what I said.

You can 2D CC and combo vs any puffball coming your way. I've tested this, verified it and used it in fights.

Go into training mode and try to 2D CC against FB puffball. Yes, you can 2D CC against it and land a CH, but the times when you clash you get fucked up and hit into the wall. Just block it if you see it coming, it's not worth the risk imho.

2D is good in this fight in general because it's a good move anyway and because you know it's one thing Jam certainly can't parry.

Check out 0 at 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSIM0nk8ZFc

better option than GB (especially when the puffball comes in from a long way out).

So won't Gunblaze, especially level 2 and 3, beable to outright beat out that move?

No, unless you time your GB perfectly as the puffball comes in (which is not smart, 2D is far better in this situation I find). If you use GB, you need to make the flame/s hit as she's about to do the puffball, not going to happen very often with Lv1, you'll basically just pass thru her to the other side, same with Lv2 and Lv3, chances of actually landing a proper combo vs an incoming puffball aren't very high. If Jam does the crossup puffball you'll most likely get hit if you do GB (or you'll end up with RI). Wasting a Lv2 or 3 move just to deal with a puffball is daft anyway, especially when 2D works so well.

Same for Ryujin.

No, not the same for Ryuujin. GB vs Ryuujin on reaction will almost always whiff and leave you on opposite ends of the screen. Besides, when does Jam just throw out Ryuujin randomly anyway?

Hopefully OS is low throughout the animation, since 2D isn't long ranged enough to make it feasible and it has less frames where he's low so it's a greater risk to use that to stop the puffball.

No it's not.

Stop playing theory fighter and try it out.

Also, read up on your frames, GB only goes low stance very late in the startup of the move (Lv1: 17th-19th frames, Lv2: 25th-27th frames, Lv3: 31st-33rd frames) compared to 2D: 6th-21st frames in low stance.

2D CC is perfectly feasible vs normal puffballs, a better idea than using GB (I would rather just block than use GB). Hell you can use 2K to stop puffballs if you're brave enough.

Yah, I hate GB. Even after a puff ball, if you try to GB punish her, she will grab you by the back of your collar and toss you into some air ouchies into some wall-lickin ground ouchies into some long block stun windmill action and bla bla. Happend to me so many times. 2D works beautifully.

That pretty much sums it up. HOS' 2D > Jam, excluding 236S -> K and 2S. Bait FB puffball, punish it, make her not want to throw it out. If she gets predictable with the ground pressure resets, Fafnir that bitch and go to town. GB is nice.

Nearly impossible to Fafnir? And why is that? Her short range pokes are Fafnir bait; her 6P, 6HS, and 5HS *can* touch Fafnir, but they have enough trouble with HOS' 2D, so she'll stick to her more reliable (2P, 5K, 2S) pokes to counter your 2S and 2D. If it's because she's in the air so much, then you need to make her sit her ass on the ground. If she leaves the ground and tries to IAD/cross-up, GB that bitch. It's all about conditioning, just as it always is when you're fighting in HOS' range. You make Jam worry about stopping you, your options (always present, always intimidating) should constantly restrict hers, leading to more manageable situations.

hahaha sounds like you hate her. Yah I must use it at the wrong time or something, I try to use it to stop her scootin around befor she majixly gets behind me. 2S works beautifully on her.