Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[AC+R] Video Discussion Thread

Looks good so far. Kliff and Justice both look at least semi-legit, though the Justice was jumping in a ton which hopefully was just the player and not something Justice is forced to do. Johnny seems way scarier. Anji still seems meh, though his changes were fairly subtle iirc.

The hitbox on Faust's far slash was buffed. I don't think the range was changed but they made it wider so that it hits a bit more above and below the scalpel. Its harder for a lot of characters to avoid it by running forward or doing attacks that put them in a crouch-like position. I played about 3 hours of "R" last night at my local arcade in Gunma. The hit box certainly feels wider but there was one instance where Millia was still able to run under it from pretty close range. I still haven't gotten to test it out in a bunch of situations. In the group of people I played with at the arcade yesterday, I only got to fight against Venom, Potemkin, Sol, Anji, Axl, and Millia.

A few other things I noted from day one Faust play.

Force break pogo now lifts off the ground from an OTG for a full legit combo, so stuff like air combo into air dust for knock down canceled into FB pogo works. The new version of it (pressing D while in hop state) is good for extending combos but I haven't found any combos that really do a ton of damage as a result of it yet. The move on it's own, however, while on pogo is great for those moments when you are on the pogo in a neutral state and can be used for general pressure or almost like a semi-DP like move. One more note about pogo stance is that it seems the hit stun on the p face extend move has been increased and it seems easier to do slightly longer combos. I was at least able to get longer ones on Potemkin. Still need more testing. One more thing about pogo is that it seemed a little harder to do double ground flower hits after the initial pogo hit. You have to do it slightly earlier so the chances of the opponent being able to tech after going my way are higher since you have to knock them higher off the ground.

General timing for air combo into jump dust seems slightly tighter. Totally doable by any means but maybe just a frame or so difference.

New FB door is a fun little tool. Certainly not something to abuse too much or rely on heavily but it can catch people off guard in the right situation when used sparingly. Especially with certain item set ups. It seems that on counter hit (at least when the opponent is in the air) they cannot tech, so it is easy to follow up with a nice beefy combo.

FB bat follow up to scalpel pull now does wall stick instead of wall bounce, making it hard or impossible to combo after unless you are near the corner. Seems just doing the standard swat follow up for the big meter gain is a good option, and if you have the meter, to just do the TNT follow up.

New coin is super useful! It stays on the screen for a long time and controls a lot of space. Great for followup up for pressure and keeping the opponent guarding. And as usual on hit, you get that nice flame swat! Oh yea!

New dumbell item is fun and gets instant knockdown. Because of the far angle it travels, it sucks up close though because it will just fly over their heads if they are standing on the ground. Good for full screen.

New food item is just standard food item as far as I can tell... nothing special.

Counter hit standing kick knocks them to the ground in front of Faust rather than knocking back full screen. It's easy to set up okizeme after this.

Can't think of anything else in particular about Faust specific stuff. I can talk about how matchups changed more once I fight more characters and get more match experience in. Faust still feels very similar and very much intact with mostly buffs and some nice new fun tools. I don't think he is all that more powerful than his regular AC version but depending on how matchups have changed he might be overall better in this game compared to AC.

Overall, the game feels like it runs fine and I didn't notice any input lag for anyone wondering. The game seems really fun and I can't wait to play more this weekend at Mikado!!

Lastly, funniest moment of the night was seeing Venom charge his full screen stinger aim ball to max size while Sol was on the other side of the screen. Sol does grand viper under the stinger aim ball as it is released and hits venom, only to have the ball bounce back off the back wall and smash Sol in the back of the head, much to Venom's delight. I LOLed.

Ugh, welp, for some reason every time that i try to watch it or download it with jdownloader i always get it without sound :/

Am I the only one that saw the dustloop? It was on the stream yesterday after the 3 on 3, but it's not in any of the archives that are up. disappointing, but I've seen it now, so video evidence is only a matter of time.

is it just me, or did Johnny stage changed? In the previous ones, his pirate girls looked like Haruhi member cast. (Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru) In THIS one, are they Madoka 5 girl crew?

Johnny's stage did change, and the dustloop can be done but not for as many reps as in older games, but I have seen Sols DL into Sidewinder loop

Justice gameplay looks so wrong... I really don't like how they balanced her. Very boring playstyle. She will have problem vs zoners.

Some people seem to like that style (Chris G. comes to mind) and the closest we had before was Dizzy, who is still more effective on offense. Though FB spears looks very good.

It certainly doesn't seem to be too annoying considering her lack of mobility as opposed to somebody like Nu from BBCT. So at least once you get in you stay in unless you eat a combo or get reversaled.

I don't know, it doesn't seem right... Every single character in the game is offensive, it goes against the nature of the game. I like to watch all characters matches but watching Justice was painful. But I must admit, oppontents bouncing from one bomb to another looks crazy. And she deals crazy damage without tension.

Don't forget we're just less than one week after the release, and really few players are using Justice right now. The most known is mike, and i must say i really like his way to use her, setup the missiles (i don't think it's so brainless than he could look like from videos) and also the offence. Ah, backdash seems to be very important for her...

Btw i'm sure we'll see some other mixup from her soon, from mike or some other players.

I don't think Justice will be quite as annoying/boring to watch as Bridget. Ever.
But Bridget's awesome. :gonk:

Whatever, personal opinions and all that jazz. I actually think Justice looks really cool! I know the mobility sucks, but the "I'm a TANK and you'd better not let me anywhere near you, oh also have these bombs" angle is very interesting and not something GG's ever had before.