Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koogy

[AC+R] Video Discussion Thread

For the mods: what about a dedicated video thread of GG ARC REVO CUP QUALIFIERS ?

well... why? Posting them in the video thread isn't good?

having only one thread with videos divided by date could be more good, or not ? btw i've to ask if goldenrody could help me first...

Hmmm... it doesn't sound like a bad idea but every other large event (even SOB) was just posted in their respective threads since it'd be a lot to make another three separate threads for each qualifier. When it was closer to the actual tournament or most of the qualifiers were done they were compiled into a news article, since I've done a few myself.

Yo, that SO/FA match at the end of Mikado casuals 78... that had to be Kusoru! Looks like he's having fun with Sol's new tricks (and palettes) that combo he did in round 1 was godlike, I was sad that he lost but it was deliciously fun to watch. I swear, that man doesn't treat the game as a competition. For him, GG is a performance art, and his main goal is actually to entertain the viewers... and in that regard, there's no one better at what he does.

Yo, that SO/FA match at the end of Mikado casuals 78... that had to be Kusoru! Looks like he's having fun with Sol's new tricks (and palettes) that combo he did in round 1 was godlike, I was sad that he lost but it was deliciously fun to watch. I swear, that man doesn't treat the game as a competition. For him, GG is a performance art, and his main goal is actually to entertain the viewers... and in that regard, there's no one better at what he does.

Spoilers:

it's Jonio. :V

:/ Well dicks. I still believe wholeheartedly in what I've said about Kusoru.

This changes my perspective of that match completely though. Jonio... damnit man, level up your game. It's been how many years now? With the experience this guy has you think he'd be comparable to FAB or N-O... but I guess he just runs events and works at the game center. Guy must be hella old or something I guess.

Do you have the link for that video?

Somehow I can't find Mikado casuals 78, only 77 and below =/

Do you have the link for that video?

Somehow I can't find Mikado casuals 78, only 77 and below =/

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20218291

:/ Well dicks. I still believe wholeheartedly in what I've said about Kusoru.

This changes my perspective of that match completely though. Jonio... damnit man, level up your game. It's been how many years now? With the experience this guy has you think he'd be comparable to FAB or N-O... but I guess he just runs events and works at the game center. Guy must be hella old or something I guess.

I've been seeing you talk about how much of a scrub Jonio is lately. I think his Sol is entertaining but goddamn the guy drops the dumbest shit in like, every game I see him play.

Jonio isn't very old but it is true that he is usually busy running Mikado. I don't see him play all that often when I am there. Also, his main is Johnny so Sol is just a sub character for him.

I've been seeing you talk about how much of a scrub Jonio is lately. I think his Sol is entertaining but goddamn the guy drops the dumbest shit in like, every game I see him play.

It's because of watching him as JO that I feel the need to say the things I do. Watching him play just makes me sad, he seems really talented but just never delivers the goods.

It makes sense that if he runs Mikado (the events? Does he literally own the place?) then it wouldn't leave him much time to practice. I guess if just being part of the scene is enough to satisfy him, I can't disrespect that. But when +R came out... I had hope for him as a player, I wanted to see him level up like Satou did. I thought it would be sweet if he could get to the point where you actually had to think about who the best currently active JO was. But event after event, I watched him lose every match he played, and those hopes were crushed, ground into a pile of debris and swept under the rug. That rug is still there in the office of my mind, waiting for the day when I can make something out of the stuff under it. Until then, that rug exists solely as a reminder of all that is the :(

jeez, not to sound like an ass but aren't you being just a little bit of a fanboy? lol!

Maybe a little... >_>

Unlike most people, I'm in the unfortunate position of being accustomed to a lifestyle that makes it rather difficult to reign in such impulses. It's okay though, it's not like my entire day's mood (or worse, even longer periods of time) is based on the tournaments I watch. Like I said, it makes me sad to see Jonio get blown up, but I don't brood over it for more than like 20 minutes max. And given how much free time I can freely choose to spend brooding without being interrupted... I'd say that's pretty fucking good.

In terms of best Johnny, personally I feel that the likes of DC and Omito aren't really way below Satou.

That's true, however it's clear without a doubt that they aren't quite on the same level as Satou. Honorable mentions for sure, but as it stands in the current meta... well. If either of them start putting up more consistently legit results at Acho and/or make a strong showing at the Arc Revo cup, I'm all for it.

Recently FAB has been doing j.S after Potbuster on Sol and Anji midscreen. Is that supposed to be an option select for tensionless f.S 2S followup after Potbuster?

By holding 9 after Potbuster and inputting S, if f.S comes out then he would have successfully hit the 1-frame link (?), or else he'll at least get a jump in and not OTG the opponent.

GGXXAC+R players qualified for Arc Revo Cup until now:

NOB (SO)

woshige (MI)

osakaB (FA)

hayashi (KY)

rozu (KY)

makkii (DI)

FAB (PO)

eki chan (ZA)

Sorry for not coming here too often but I think people frequently contributing to the AC/AC+R Video posting thread, steadily, one can also dare say massively, just for the sake of sharing, yet not complaining or asking stuff in return should be more thanked.

Great and caring people such as Axel, Goldenrody, Jinbe, Jourdal, MikelAL93 etc., sorry if I forgot some.

So guys, thank you very much, your hard work is truly appreciated (^_^)b

Axel, no idea for FAB's j.S after PB on Anji and Sol but your Option Select hypothesis seems more than relevant.

Recently FAB has been doing j.S after Potbuster on Sol and Anji midscreen. Is that supposed to be an option select for tensionless f.S 2S followup after Potbuster?

By holding 9 after Potbuster and inputting S, if f.S comes out then he would have successfully hit the 1-frame link (?), or else he'll at least get a jump in and not OTG the opponent.

It's probably [9]S, 2S. 9S explains jumps and 2S explains j.S. No hitconfirm involved =)

Holy hell, Ruu. 5-0, that seems like it might put a dent in Dogura's confidence as a player. I'm hoping the Robo-Knight will be able to close it out at another location, but idk how many more qualifiers are left...

Sorry for not coming here too often but I think people frequently contributing to the AC/AC+R Video posting thread, steadily, one can also dare say massively, just for the sake of sharing, yet not complaining or asking stuff in return should be more thanked.

Great and caring people such as Axel, Goldenrody, Jinbe, Jourdal, MikelAL93 etc., sorry if I forgot some.

So guys, thank you very much, your hard work is truly appreciated (^_^)b

wholeheartedly seconding this show of appreciation.

also wholeheartedly seconding the astonishment at Ruu's performance.