Sign in to follow this  
9TNine

I-No Media Thread (Accent Core Plus R)

GGAC+R_Header_Video_Thread.png

New game, new thread! Here we go!!!

Here's the first footage I've seen. Lots of Vs. CPU, but also some matches.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/333010998

Noted (Not all, just ones that appear obvious) changes, all covered in Loketest notes so far:

-double airdash

-longer airdash time

-FB Note (One up, one down)

-Can cancel FB early (Both air dashes restored after FB use)

-S STBT doesn't launch on regular hit, only counter hit.

-HS STBT launches on regular hit and can be jump cancelled

-6H is two hits again

-Far Slash recovery lowered from 6 frames to 1 (Certainly looks better, at least)

new color: purple outfit, bronze trim, pink hair, black guitar.

She looks incredibly solid, imo. Still surprised they gave her all the above.

Edited by Honnou

Is Stroke(S) still untechable launch on CH, or can they tech out? Anyone know? I'm working crazy hours, so I've only seen like 10 minutes of that footage. Resulting combo wont be as good with the 90% prorate on it (or I'll need new pants if the prorate is only on Stroke(H)), but the meterless damage will still be pretty awesome given the options out of it. I thought Stroke(S) was also jump cancelable, but I guess it makes more sense that it's only the H version. Pretty nuts to make a low jump cancel, especially with I-No's aerials. Does Stroke(H) still stagger on CH?

Also, they moved the 2nd FRC on H to after it hits right? Wtf is the point considering you can jump cancel it, other than to make it safer if you whiff? Anything?

Any word on what the damage is like with 6H? Can you use it as a combo tool instead of 6P to avoid the 90% forced prorate they put on it? If not, I guess we just combo straight into HCL FRC for damage. *Shrug*

Also, they moved the 2nd FRC on H to after it hits right? Wtf is the point considering you can jump cancel it, other than to make it safer if you whiff? Anything?

I have a theory it will make things like STBT H FRC 66 JS JS JH >ETC possible?

Also, If I remember correctly, you can actually hit with STBT H then FRC it into a throw (this combos) (in vanilla AC) so maybe that's what they're going for here. Giving you the tool to still use as a throw set up but with some added possibilities.

Edited by Pestilence

I have a theory it will make things like STBT H FRC 66 JS JS JH >ETC possible?

Also, If I remember correctly, you can actually hit with STBT H then FRC it into a throw (this combos) (in vanilla AC) so maybe that's what they're going for here. Giving you the tool to still use as a throw set up but with some added possibilities.

GG doesn't let you throw during hit/blockstun.

EDIT: Ignore me, I'm an idiot.

Edited by 9TNine

Do we get stagger on regular hit? I don't even remember. : P

Not sure on the valuation here... Stagger > 5K > HCL FRC, or Stagger (FRC) > whatever? We might squeeze more damage in by hitting with bigger damage earlier (instead of 5K combo fodder), but just how much difference does that make? Is it better than simply doing stagger > j.S > Sdive > whatever for free?

Maybe it's to give her a low out of Stroke(H) on block? Everyone expects the free jump > overhead, and you spend 25% for the 2S, which we now jump install. :v:

I like that Stroke(H) now has some serious reward for using it. I only ever used it for FRC shenanigans, closing the distance in some matchups, and the occasional "hey, you didn't actually FRC that one", but now there's worthwhile reward for the risk. Stroke(S) always seemed much more useful since you could block string it more safely and it led to huge damage for free on CH.

Man, at first I was worried by all of the prorates that I-No would turn into Millia, where we'd do oki > strong mixup > always 30% combo > knockdown > repeat. Now we just have way more variance in our damage output, which is what I always like (and why I dropped Millia a few years back). Are they going to expect the 25% combo off of 2K with a 6P in there, or the 50% combo off of random 6H poke? :yaaay:

Oh man, I wonder if I-No could set up CH Stroke(H) > Hdive loops for meter now. ****, do Hdive loops even still work now that the move is faster? I would expect them to work better. Maybe we can get them on some characters off of corner air-throw.

so 6p 5h hcl still doesn't work on HOS?

and it she gets hard knock down off midscreen air combos outside of k and and s dive enders situationally :yaaay::yaaay:

Edited by SIne

I LOOOOOOOVE that corner combo on May!!!

And psycho crusher combos!?!?!?

Edited by SIne

How the hell do you do what OSCA did to that pink Anji at 0:24 of that 2nd link? Is it as simple as 9 > 412364S? Will the 4 input going in twice register an airdash that you immediately cancel into VCL? Or do you have to 9 > 4123644S?

Sign in to follow this