Sign in to follow this  
Zakuta Asura

[^C] Baiken [COMBO]

This one seems to work better on almost all the cast:

5D -> Homing jump -> j.HS, jc.S, jc.SD, j.SD, AD j.SD, j.D

-how do you jump cancel 2times, thought you can only air jump one time.

ok, so the (almost) universal dust combo is

5D -> homing jump -> j.S-H -> [8] j.S-D -> S-D -> S-D

yea, i'm having trouble getting the combo down, i saw in it a match video also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-10nMmhG9s at 6:44

5D -> homing jump -> j.S-H -> [8] j.S-D -> S-D ->[ad]-> S-D

i can get the

5D -> homing jump, S, HS, jump, S, D (and here i get the recoil from the dust and fly backwards) so i can't do another S,D and connect to {AD} S,D for the final part.

in the video clip,. the D done at the highest point of the jump where baiken starts falling - she donest get a recoil from the dust. ?hows that work

Hold up after doing 5D, his j.S as soon as possible, and then j.HS as soon as possible following that. Continue holding up until you hit the third hit j.S, then let go and hit j.D, you should follow them with no recoil from the j.D. Just to confirm- you are talking about Accent Core? Baiken's old dust combos are different.

Hold up after doing 5D, his j.S as soon as possible, and then j.HS as soon as possible following that. Continue holding up until you hit the third hit j.S, then let go and hit j.D, you should follow them with no recoil from the j.D.

Just to confirm- you are talking about Accent Core? Baiken's old dust combos are different.

yea AC. thanks alot, i'll give a try on that,

on another note, quick question agian.

is there any trick for landing her basic combo

i do 2K,5S,2D,mat and i jump for the S,D or P,S,D. It seems like whatever one i do people are able to tech out of it right before i hit them. Just curious if i have to frc the mat for this combo to connect or if theres some trick i'm not doing maybe superjump?,. thanks(sorry for the nub question.)haha

I find FRCing the mat makes it a hell of a lot easier.

On some characters like Dizzy I don't think regular jump S, D / P, D are possible without FRC. I might just be failing again.

Mat FRC is fairly easy though.

You can't combo mat into j.S without FRCing the mat, you can only combo to j.P or j.K (not really used) without it. Against Baiken, you can't connect it without an FRC. Against Dizzy, May, and Bridget (off the top of my head), you need to delay your mat slightly after 2D to make them just low enough for a superjump j.P to connect. In most case, you want to superjump j.P for the combo, although the superjump isn't required against the heavier characters and larger hitboxes. If you're too far away horizontally, the combo will whiff. Often times you need forward velocity to connect the combo. Without forward velocity, you want to go into 5S jc j.D vs taller characters, 2K 5S and confirm into a tatami mat if they are crouching, or just finish the combo going to 2S if they're too short/far/standing. If you're too far to connect a j.P, you can always get the combo after tatami if you FRC the tatami.

Read this if you haven't.

radish: just btw, [ ] notation is meant to be read as "press and hold this input". (so, [8] means "press up and hold it".) for the basic 2K-c.S-2D xx tatami combo, in addition to what Hellmonkey said, you can do the following: vs Robot, Pot ... 2D -> j.S-D vs Baiken ... j.K -> dj.K xx YZS The thing about the Robot and Pot version is that, you can't do it ASAP, because the 2D will whiff. It's not that hard, though, but just keep that in mind, if you try it and see that they tech. For the Baiken one, the range it works at is like the range the sj.P follow-up works for most other characters. The j.K looks like it shouldn't hit, but Baiken's sandals kinda extend her lower air hitbox, and allow you to kick her for extra damage. oh and for the sake of trivia: vs Kliff ... sj.P-D If you try sj.P-S, the S will whiff. vs Justice NOTHING wtf :gonk:

So...nobody posts in the Baiken forum anymore? Any new combos, or ANYTHING? Or is this Her swan song? /cry

As soon as video's from my last tournament are I was gonna throw em up and see what people think. I managed to fight the same ABA player four times between 2 double elimination tournaments. I had no idea what to do in the begging but by the 4th time i beat him! knowing i had to jump and faultless to block the attack where ABA gets up on her key and kicks you in the face helped a lot in the later matches.

I've searched around this forum and its guides...but I still haven't found a use for Baiken's 5k in anything except for the occasional air throw into corner---> 5p ----> 5k -----> air combo. Is there anything good about this move? On a similar note, is there even a use for 2p? After trying to find a use for it, and looking at its frame data, I've come to the conclusion that it's useless.

wow those are both really helpful, we might have just gotten our first serious ABA player in the northwest(actually i think there's a Canadian one but i don't get to play him much). So being able to capitalize on dust will help a lot(although first we gotta get him up to speed!). Now we just need a jam so I can stop losing to matches I really shouldn't.

so I was doing my daily work in the GG when I saw something in a sharon vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFZZlDpUUGA&feature=channel_page (at about 1:06) where he hits with a j.D, does a short air dash tatami, and then in the corner picks up with j.HS tatami... I am wondering what the motion for that j.D FRC short dash tatami might be (I have been postulating on what it could be, but regardless it's hard to get to come out)... ty kindly for your time :psyduck:

Sign in to follow this