Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urban Samuri47

2HS uses. Help

trying to find ways to set up his 2HS to hit. i know he can counter hit combo into a dizzy which is pretty bad ass but the move itself seems too short to actually use. :/ help please. maybe even tell me some uses for it

Don't try to use 2HS cold turkey. As good as it is if you score a counter hit its not something you should be fishing for in just any situation. Generally 2HS is used mid-combo with dog on crouching opponents. If the opponent is crouching then 2HS will combo off of a close Slash. Another situation when you would use 2HS is when you knock your opponent down in the corner and you and the dog are on top of them. When in this situation time the dog's 2D so that it will bite the opponent when they get up and do a 2S or a 2HS as well so that you keep the opponent in place incase they try to jump or attack. Your 2S or 2HS will keep them in place so the 2D will hit.

If you want to score a counter hit with 2HS here are a couple of scenarios that pro Japanese Zappa's do a lot:

If you ever do 236P summon with zappa you should always press D just in case the dog is summoned because the dog is able to attack before zappa has fully recovered. Often times if the opponent is close the zappa player will 2D just incase the dog appears. Because the dog's hitbox is so big when it does 2D there is a good chance that the dog will be hit instead of zappa. When this happens zappa will have recovered by then and will do a 2HS score a counter hit on the opponent and then proceed into a combo.

You can also punish Order-Sol's uppercut with 2HS while he is still in the air. When HOS uppercuts and then charges your 2HS will counter hit him. Do this combo:

2HS(Counter-hits HOS while he is still in the air)- 66 - 2HS - j.K - j.S - dj.K - j.S - j.D He will be pretty close to dizzy at this point.

I'm a fan of randomly tossing 2HS into strings after a 6P. It's not airtight at all, but it feels like it has just small enough of a gap to bait something out that 2HS can land a juicy CH on.

If you ever do 236P summon with zappa you should always press D just in case the dog is summoned because the dog is able to attack before zappa has fully recovered.

This will work until AC+R, where the dog recovery on summon will match the summon recovery.

And yea, you should always cover yourself with naked 2HS with a move before it. Sometimes it'll get a counterhit for stagger. If you have a ton of tension, you can RC the 2HS and run in for another one to increase the dizzy potential. There was a stupid combo I used to do in the corner:

2HS RC, 66 2HS, 5D, JC 8D, 9D, land 2HS, JC, jK, jS, JC, jK, jS, jD