Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Thread for discussing anything pertinent to Bullet that doesn't explicitly belong in another thread. Gameplay discussion is meant to be the primary focus, story discussion for the most part should be directed towards Zepp Museum. This is also not the "My Bullet Wishlist thread", try to keep on topic and use your own discretion when posting. Above all have fun and discuss the character that you like enough to use (Apparently).

Everything that you need to know probably exists, or will exist, at some point on the Bullet Dustloop Wiki - use it, love it.

What belongs here - Title says it all, discuss Bullet in a general manner. If you need help executing combos, understanding how Bullet plays, or other techniques, this is the place to ask for that.

What doesn't belong here -

• In-depth match-up discussion, discussion of match-ups in a general sense is fine though.
    • Combo listings
      • Match videos (Unless pointing out something specific as a question or example)

Your personal tier list

Questions about Bullet's 3 sizes

The golden rule - If you think it's too dumb to post, it just might be.

Info contained in this post is subject to change/updating.

Bullet Dustloop Wiki - This should be your main resource in terms of normals, specials, etc.

Well, okay. I tried to be helpful. My bad.

Her gameplay looks interesting, and since Hazama sucks I'm going to look into playing her.

what are bullets 3 sizes

It should be Snaphance Fist (or Snaphaunce Fist, even). Since a lot of her moves are named for things having to do with guns/ammunition.

Also, Wadcut: Engage doesn't have a "real" command, it's a D follow-up to all her drive normals (source: http://sp.bbcp.ac/chara19.php). So you should list its "command" as "D (during Drive Attacks)".

what are bullets 3 sizes

Absurdly big - absurdly small - absurdly big

You'll notice this recurring pattern in fiction.

Anyway: I'm looking forward to Bullet. She's grappler-ish enough to be a good alternative to Tager. Probably better since she's faster and seems to have more options.

Not sure why she just ended up looking like an alternate Makoto design though. Though honestly I like it better. Even if its still pretty slutty, at least it doesn't hurt my head as I try to figure out how it physically works.

I feel like I'm going to like Makoto more as a person still, though. I'm hoping I'm wrong but I feel like Bullet is going to have a somewhat more stereotypical personality.

Here's a link to the Bullet vids so they don't get lost in the archive. Some of them are down, though.

Some thoughts about the the move list in the OP:

- There are three levels of Heat-Up: the first one is denoted by an orange shadow, the second one by the red one, and the third one gives Bullet a red overlay. Some moves spend one level, while the others spend them all (I'll check it a bit later).

- It's common knowledge, but it's still not mentioned: Heat-Up makes the Lock On circle bigger, though there doesn't seem to be a difference between different levels of Heat-Up.

- Flint Shooter seems to be the usual slow projectile, but it can be charged. I haven't checked it in the vids yet, but I guess that charging it makes it faster.

- Flechette: Engage grabs the enemy again and throws them to the ground.

- Afterburner probably gives more than one level of Heat-Up when charged.

- Serpentine Assault grabs the enemy and carries them to the edge of the screen.

- Frangible: Engage carries them to the middle of the screen.

- Blackout is a mystery.

- The input for the AH seems to be 6321463214D.

IIrc one on of the vids a Bullet player charged Afterburner until she was Lv. 3. But the charge time to achieve it was pretty long. And her 5C is indeed a Fatal Counter, not a possible one.

Thanks to my incredible observation skills and the idea I got from the Azrael thread, I got the animation of all of Bullet's moves (except for Blackout, which is as elusive as ever). Of course, the quality is not perfect, but it should be fine for now.

5A

6A

2A

5B

6B

2B

5C

6C

2C

3C

jA

jB

jC

5D

6D

2D

jD

Forward throw

Backward throw

Crush Trigger (A+B)

Wadcut: Engage (D after Drive attacks)

Flint Shooter (236A)

Cutting Shear (623B)

-Explode: Engage (623B > 22D)

Miquelet Capture (41236C)

-Piercing: Engage (63214C > 236D)

Snaphance Fist (623C OR j.623C)

-Flechette: Engage (623C/j.623C > 623D)

Afterburner (214D)

Rage Aggressor (2363214C)

Serpentine Assault (720A)

-Frangible: Engage (720A > 720D)

Astral Heat 1 (6321463214D)

Astral Heat 2

And some random observations I made while taking all the screenshots:

- 5C has short reach, but moves Bullet forward with a body blow.

- 2C deals two hits and moves Bullet forward.

- Forward throw throws the enemy into the air with midscreen wall bounce, while backward throw knocks them down.

- Counter-Assault's animation is 6B.

- Crush Trigger and Piercing Engage are very similar, the former even gets greater range and wall bounce in Heat-Up.

- Wadcut Engage and the rest of the follow-ups drop your Heat-Up level to 0.

- Since D attacks raise your Heat-Up level by 1, you can always follow them up with Wadcut Engage, but you'll end up with Heat-Up 0.

- Flint Shooter makes a small explosion when Bullet shoots it, allowing it to be used in corner combos.

- Naked Cutting Shear (no Heat-Up or follow-ups) deals around 800 damage.

- Explode Engage slams the opponent into the ground after throwing them into the air with Cutting Shear. If you don't cancel it, Bullet rolls the opponent behind her back.

- Naked Serpentine Assault deals around 2100 damage.

Now that we know how her moves look like, the next thing I should do is translate some jBBS posts.

SNIP

You have a problem you can discuss it with me in PM. Making assumptions and disrespecting the staff is childish. This thread isn't the place. Any further bad remarks on the remaking of this section will result in infractions.

So from the looks of things, bursting is going to be quite difficult against Bullet, considering you can't burst out of grapples. I like this~

And this is what I got after reading through the jBBS thread. Keep in mind, since it's all from the loketests, some of it might be outdated already.

- If you're at Heat-Up 0, you shouldn't dash around, since it's slow and doesn't cover much ground.

- Heat-Up lasts for about 10 seconds.

- 6A forces crouching state. Ground-bounces airborne enemies.

- 6B has head invincibility.

- 6C has a short dash before the actual strike. Can be special-canceled; can't be Drive-canceled. Can be jump-canceled, but since you end up airborne, anyways, you can't dash after it.

- 2C can be Drive-canceled; can't be special-canceled.

- 3C can be special-canceled; can't be Drive-canceled. Doesn't have any invincibility, even during the delay.

- Wadcut Engage can be followed up with 5B with Heat-Up 1. With Heat-Up 2, it makes them stick to the wall and can be followed up with 6A or Flint Shooter.

- Forward throw can be followed up with 66, 5B.

- Backward throw can be special-canceled.

- Cutting Shear can be RC'd after the kicking part to follow it up. It knocks the enemy down if you don't, and although you can't follow it up in that case, it deals 1800 damage with Heat-Up 1 and 2500 damage with Heat-Up 2.

- Snaphance Fist has head invincibility during the start-up. Bullet throws the enemy behind herself, causing wall-splat that can't be comboed from. Heat-Up 1 causes slide down (?), Heat-Up 2 leaves you in the air for long enough to link it to combo from it.

- Miquelet Capture can be both comboed into and comboed from. Heat-Up 2 gives the throw wall-bounce.

- Rage Aggressor's minimal damage seems to be around 1000-1200.

- Serpentine Assault's reach is shorter than Tager's GETB. You can follow it up in the corner if you decide not to do any follow-ups.

Some BnB elements:

2B > 5B > 5C > 2C > 5D

(5C doesn't connect from 2B, so 5B is required)

5C > 41236B / 2363214C

6A > 5C > 3C > 41236B / 623B / 2363214C

(In the corner) 41236B > 5B

(In the corner, with Heat-Up 2) 41236B > 5B > 6B > 623C

If you need to get Heat-Up in the corner:

5B > 5C > 2C > 5D

5B > 6B > hjC > jD

(in the corner) 5D / 6D / 2D > 5D > 66 > 6A > 236A

And some combos for getting Heat-Up 2 from Heat-Up 0:

5B > 5C > 2C > D > RC > 5B > 6B > jB > jC > jD

5B > 5C > 2C > D > RC > 5C > 2C > D

Nice info.

I'd rather be more inclined to RC her Wadcut Rngage and immediatly start charging Afterburner to try to achieve Lv.3.

After reading the thread and watching the vids, I'm not even sure that level 3 exists.

I mean from anything. Everyone only mentions three different versions of each move, for levels 0, 1 and 2. Even the TGS demo only shows two levels.

Huh.. Most likely right. The thing is when I was watching her videos and they would end with j.D and she would shine for a second I thought that was each level up. I saw it occur twice in a row in one of Digital's videos so I thought "oh I guess the max is level 3". But looking back now, only seems like there's a Lv. 1 and 2. I think the shining effect is indeed her going from Lv. 0 --> Lv.1 or Lv.1 --> Lv.2. But for it to occur during Lv.2 as well, maybe it resets her Heat Up time? Like she gains another 10 seconds of being in the mode.

And thanks for the correction.

I probably won't edit in move property type information until we get Arcade release, just because that's usually the type of thing that's most sensitive to changes between versions. Keep us posted in the future if anything else interesting pops up though.

So from the looks of things, bursting is going to be quite difficult against Bullet, considering you can't burst out of grapples. I like this~
Or you could burst before the throw. Y'know instead of waiting till the combo was half over.

You can't throw bursts in BB like in GG right? No point in waiting for the point where you can't burst when you have ample opportunity before hand.

I've got a simple question (hoping I didn't miss the answer somewhere obvious,)

can Bullet run? Or is she limited to fixed dashes like Hakumen, Hazama, etc.?

From what I've seen from loketest videos she's limited to short, fixed dashes. She gets pretty low to the ground when she does it, wouldn't surprise me if it could low profile under some things.

Or you could burst before the throw. Y'know instead of waiting till the combo was half over.

You can't throw bursts in BB like in GG right? No point in waiting for the point where you can't burst when you have ample opportunity before hand.

Depends on how combos turn out though I suppose? May be quick and easy (albeit situational) ways to go into a grapple very early in a combo.

Depends on how combos turn out though I suppose? May be quick and easy (albeit situational) ways to go into a grapple very early in a combo.
I don't see how that makes a difference. It doesn't make the character hard to burst if they can combo into unburstable moves. Hakumen is harder to burst than Tager for example.