Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

Good point. I just felt that with the amount of moves that put people in the unburstable state, Bullet would have an easier time dealing with bursts, by outright disabling them (Say a simple air combo into j.D > Wadcut > super)

I've got a simple question (hoping I didn't miss the answer somewhere obvious,)

can Bullet run? Or is she limited to fixed dashes like Hakumen, Hazama, etc.?

She has a running grab and some of her normals move her forward, but other than that, she only has a dash. However, it becomes much faster and covers more ground when in Heat-Up. You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwstX_ShGto&t=9m8s

The last video in the samples no longer works, fyi.

Which one do you mean? The Tsukabi one? Anyways, all the missing vids have been reuploaded here:

http://vimeo.com/53759774

http://vimeo.com/53759178

http://vimeo.com/53737936

http://vimeo.com/53733240

She looks pretty fun and with some potentially nice oki. I'm seriously considering dropping Tao in her favour :o

Well, I'm thinking of the usual standard stuff... she's got command grabs, an overhead normal which seems to be as shady as Bang's, and it seems like her combos have enough corner carry? Nothing as ridiculous as CSX Valk's corner oki or Litchi's, but it does give the impression of being potentially nasty. Besides that, it wouldn't be weird if some of her normals would give decent frame advantage as well given that she's a sort of grappler. Of course it's all speculation based on the very few vids available around.

I just saw her do a combo near the corner that threw them away from the corner and back into it, it was pretty cool looking. One of her combos did 4.6k easy in the corner, though I can't remember what it was off of (this was against dumb CPU who never blocks). So far from what I've seen on stream if that is indeed Shingo, I can't wait to see what else she can do.

Also I saw someone ask about a dash, she has more of a short dash, just to confirm though most of us knew that.

measured her running command grab startup frame by frame in vlc, looks like about 20f at close range. not bad!

It looks like that 4.6k corner combo started with 5B(if we're thinking of the same one), although she also had lvl. 2 Heat Up, which I think makes certain moves (drives/followups?) do more damage.

Also, it looks like drive attacks might not be as minus on block as I thought; in the Bullet vs. Litchi video, Bullet counter-hit with a 2A after a blocked 5D, just thought that was interesting.

Also, it looks like drive attacks might not be as minus on block as I thought; in the Bullet vs. Litchi video, Bullet counter-hit with a 2A after a blocked 5D, just thought that was interesting.

in one of the vids i saw an azrael get counterhit a ton after blocking 5d. either people are fucking up a lot or that thing is +

also, in some of the old location test videos bullet could briefly D and then let it go or whatever as an 18f total feint for resetting pressure. has anyone seen that in the release footage? seemed like an amazing tool

So far, her gameplan seems to go like this:

1. Get in, do a short combo, end it with D to get H1.

2. Make the opponent eat a mixup, do another combo to get H2.

3. Now your combos deal obscene damage, make it count.

So it really doesn't matter how much damage she deals in H0 or H1, the fact that you gains H is a good enough reward.

Going to jBBS for some combos now. Will the loketest vids be in the video thread? The other sections for new chars got them.

Maybe it's cuz I haven't really been looking for em, but what kind of weaknesses does Bullet have? She's got pretty great damage, what look to be solid mixups, a projectile, albeit one that might not be that great for zoning, but a projectile nonetheless, and good normals. I guess her mobility without Heat-Up is sub-par? Idk, what do you guys think?

Yeah, her range is pretty bad outside of the projectile, so she probably has a lot of trouble approaching the likes of Hazama or Valkenhayn. On the other hand, they make it easier for her to Afterburner, which allows her to use the range of her Drive to get in. And, of course, her snowball gameplay means that she either wins big or loses big.

The stream finally had Bullet's AH shown: she shoots at the enemy as depicted on the screenshot in OP, then mounts them, reveals a pilebunker in her glove, and makes a crater around them. Pretty cool.

I spent all day playing her

-She will get eaten by zoners or basically any character that has a zoning game that is better than hers.

-The best command through is the 623B command throw because of the startup invincibility. The running one gets stuffed by everything and I rarely used the hoping one except for when I fought against a Taokaka. She jumps so much that you'll likely catch her quite a few times with it. However it is useful for mobility...just watch your recovery.

-Rapid Canceling is crucial for her mid screen for more mid screen damage. And also charging her projectile close to a knocked down opponent forces them to block when they wake up provided they didn't roll anyway. Also it seems that most of her normals can be canceled into her projectile so it may be useful for ending block strings and possibly getting a counter hit but not too sure. 6C is useful because it can be jumped canceled .

Because I currently suck I was screwing up the timing on her mid screen RC combos and her followup D combos (in the corner).

All or nothing High Rushdown Strike Grabber?

Yeah...I'm in. I think her design is meh. But that gameplay made me go :o

And her VA made me go :OOO

Looking very interesting.

Pretty much the same for me. No a fan of her design outside her sexy skintone and eyes.

I'm all for her style of gameplay, though. I'll seriously enjoy playing her.

yes her design is really bad, but baring Izayoi until theres more info her gameplay is the most interesting of the new characters. and with bloodkain no longer being fun im looking for a replecment rushdown for ragna.

I think all 3 of them have amazing gameplay styles. We have another "Link" character, A Zoner and a Strike Grappler. Much Love for them all.

I just kind of like how frantic she looks when she fights. And I'm only truly going to play her for her VA. Seriously.

Maybe it's cuz I haven't really been looking for em, but what kind of weaknesses does Bullet have?

Well, being limited to short hops and having her range of normals looking pretty ordinary it wouldn't be weird if her worst matchups were to be Arakune, Rachel and alikes.

Feels good to like everything about Bullet, even (especially?) her design.

I just kind of like how frantic she looks when she fights.

This, too. There is no other character that lets you toss your enemy all over the stage like a bag of potatoes. Even Tager got nothing on that.