Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

Hazama might eat this bitch alive. Along with The Murakumos.

I don't know about that. On paper yes, zoners are likely going to be her worst matchups but Hazama still needs to get close ... it might simply mean that against him rather than playing on the offensive she needs to stay on defense until she can score a knockdown. Again, it's wild speculation based on her nature as grappler character.

Feels good to like everything about Bullet, even (especially?) her design.

If I could give you a high-five, totally would, it felt like I was the only one who wasn't hating on her design.

If I could give you a high-five, totally would, it felt like I was the only one who wasn't hating on her design.

I don't hate her design either, as I grew rather fond of it. It really does fit her, especially with the kind of fighting style and personality she has.

I don't know about that. On paper yes, zoners are likely going to be her worst matchups but Hazama still needs to get close ... it might simply mean that against him rather than playing on the offensive she needs to stay on defense until she can score a knockdown. Again, it's wild speculation based on her nature as grappler character.

With how lock-on seems to work as well, we might be able to use it on reaction to a Hazama using chains to get in.

Bullet's design is fine, her artwork is just godawful.

Unless this game derps out hard before console release I'll probably be picking up Bullet. Should be good times.

You too Circ?

I was never into full on grapplers like Tager or Zangief but her playstyle seems really satisfying. The new hit sound effects don't do her attacks justice.

Move descriptions deserve an update now that the full game is up, and jBBS got a nice pair of posts that describe them in more detail. I'll write major changes in bold.

5D - a quick rush at the enemy followed by a dropkick. Hits mid, has fast start-up.

4D - an overhead swing with both fists. Punishable on block.

2D - a sweep, hits low.

jD - the aerial version of 5D.

5A - a regular jab, hits crouching opponents.

2A - a quick crouching jab.

6A - an overhead elbow strike with long start-up.

5B - a long-reaching kick with short start-up and cooldown

2B - Bullet stretches her leg forward and hits low.

6B - an upward kick. Used as an anti-air tool and to launch the enemy mid-combo.

5C - a fiery body blow which gives forward momentum. Fatal Counter. Its cooldown is long, but its start-up is good enough to link from 2B. Rumored to change properties with Heat-Up?

2C - Bullet swings her leg for two low hits. Gives forward momentum.

6C - a running knee strike. Floats Bullet and the enemy on hit, can be jump-cancelled. Fatal Counter, but following it up with a good combo is difficult.

3C - a kick after a forward roll. Comes out late, but low-profiles many moves.

jA - an air punch. The angle is a bit lower than Ragna's jA.

jB - a horizontal aerial kick.

jC - a downward kick. Slow start-up, but floor-bounces on counter-hit.

Flint Shooter (236A, can be charged) - a fiery projectile that spins along the ground for about 3/4 of the screen. Can be charged to make an explosion before being sent, often used for combos after knockdown.

Cutting Shear (623B) - a command grab with invincibility on start-up, throws the enemy upward.

- Explode: Engage (623B > 22D, requires Heat-Up) - Bullet slams the opponent into the ground after throwing them into the air with Cutting Shear. Can make the opponent switch sides if not canceled?

Miquelet Capture (41236C) - a running grab that can also be comboed from 5C, throws the enemy forward. Seems like it can be blocked?

- Piercing: Engage (41236C > 236D, requires Heat-Up) - a fiery shot that wall-bounces. Combos involving this move hit for about 4000 damage.

Snaphance Fist (623C OR j.623C) - Bullet hops forward for an anti-air throw. Switches sides with the opponent. Can be comboed from if the enemy ends up in the corner.

- Flechette: Engage (623C > 623D, requires Heat-Up) - Bullet grabs the enemy again and slams them into the ground. Can be comboed from.

Afterburner (214D, can be charged) - a power-up stance with guard point. Gives one level of Heat-Up when not charged and both levels if charged.

Blackout (720A > 720D > 1080D, requires Heat-Up and 50 Heat) - shoots the enemy back to the ground. Deals 5020 damage without OD.

Astral Heat (632146D) - a strike, can be comboed into. Bullet shoots the enemy thrice, mounts them, reveals a pile bunker in her gloves and pins them to the ground.

I'm not hating on it. It doesn't hurt my fucking head like... some others in this game.

I will play Bullet shamelessly.

Should note that the final part of blackout costs an additional 50 meter.

I did note that, it's just that I didn't mention anything about its other phases (nothing to say about them that wasn't already said).

I think that Afterburner having guard point is damn important: we can safely gain Heat-Up against most zoners who don't have low-hitting projectiles, giving us much more maneuverability we need so much in these match-ups.

After writing down all those combos, I think that she really is the most simple out of the three newcomers. The most difficult thing about playing her is going to be the neutral game.

I will play Bullet shamelessly.

Without shame and without restraint, we shall grapple and ignite our foes.

I got real confused when I saw that Afterburner had guard point, but I ain't complaining :P

I did note that, it's just that I didn't mention anything about its other phases (nothing to say about them that wasn't already said).

I think that Afterburner having guard point is damn important: we can safely gain Heat-Up against most zoners who don't have low-hitting projectiles, giving us much more maneuverability we need so much in these match-ups.

After writing down all those combos, I think that she really is the most simple out of the three newcomers. The most difficult thing about playing her is going to be the neutral game.

Fair enough. Is there a video of afterbunners guard point? I've not noticed it in the videos I've been able to watch.

I like Zenia's better, there's less in the way of the wanton violence. Bullet's is good though.

You too Circ?

I was never into full on grapplers like Tager or Zangief but her playstyle seems really satisfying. The new hit sound effects don't do her attacks justice.

Yeah I like this grappling style, less about setups into a single damaging command grab, and more about a versatile assortment of grabs that can be combo'd into and out of. Not a lot of characters like that, only one I can think of off-hand is Satsuki.

Fair enough. Is there a video of afterbunners guard point? I've not noticed it in the videos I've been able to watch.

Can't think of any right now, but I'll be extra careful the next time I watch her in action.

I guess making new screenshots of the moves would be possible now, so I'll get to that soon.

EDIT: Here, I found the vid with the Afterburner guard point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7b5wtqg9qE&t=1m05s

I was never into full on grapplers like Tager or Zangief but her playstyle seems really satisfying.

I wasn't that big on grapplers either, but thanks to her unique variant of that playstyle, Bullet really got me interested in playing as a grappler for once.

Here's an interesting fact about Bullet's Overdrive I noticed on the stream: she has H1 while in OD - and doesn't lose it when OD ends. Not sure what happens if she gets H2 while in OD, but I suppose she retains it, too. This is probably why some people on jBBS recommend using it right away, even though it lasts for about two seconds - the thing that matters is getting safe H1 as soon as possible.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it seems that charged Flint Shooter doesn't even send a projectile.

Do we know how long it takes for OD/Burst to recharge? Using at the start of the match just sounds weird to me, but if the cooldown isn't too long, it could work out.

Also I can't help but hear "Greed Sever" whenever Bullet uses Flint Shooter, is it just me?

They say you can use it in the same round if you use it ASAP, so I guess about 50-60 in-game seconds? We can probably deduce it accurately from some replays.

EDIT: It took less than 40 seconds to recharge in the Valk score attack that's being streamed right now, though that might change depending on whether you lose a round or how long the OD lasted.

well, in one video, when a rachel bursted it took about 70 seconds to come back

overdrives start you with 30% of burst already refilled, right? so, about 50 seconds. could reasonably use an overdrive twice in a match. may depend on chara and stuff, i dunno.

So...in my personal opinion I find Bullet's supers to be kinda useless. I mean you're better off spending her meter doing other things. Rage Aggressor can at least be comboed into but I tried Serpentine Assault but kept getting an invalid combo. I could just not be using the right moves to combo into it but still, that move is damn complicated to execute.

Since 720A is a command throw, I'd expect it to be impossible to combo into, and would rather look for opportunities of using it in neutral game. Maybe it got some invuln frames? At the very least, it's possible to combo after it.

EDIT: Might as well ask you, since you can actually play the game: did you try comboing after Cutting Shear (623B)? And what are the exact traits of its follow-up?

Could 720A be used on wake-up? To punish people trying to be too aggressive?

Edit: Also, can you guys clarify something for me? Does the Heat-Up state go away after using a move that requires it, or does it stay active for a set period of time?

All follow-ups consume all levels of Heat-Up, so if you want to use more than one in a single combo, you need to use the Drive and RC it or use the Overdrive.

...And now I actually understand the logic behind calling the new mechanic OverDrive. Took me long enough.

Do you lose Heat-Up if you get hit (like Relius losing Ignis)?

I'm a little confused about how you're going to get to Stage 2 of Heat-Up so you can dish out max damage.

Or is she going to focus more on a ton of Stage 1 combos?