Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

How do you guys deal with her terrible movement speed?

It's like she's got Hazama dashes and a even slower air dash without chains to compensate?

Just heat up and get in with Ds? Which are + at level 1 and 2, right?

Well, you just try to deal with it I guess, lurk and creep forward and look for places to heat up. Her Dash Jumps, especially SJ, cover a lot of distance though.

With level 2 her close in speed gets scary though, she can nearly move from one end to the other with two dashes.

Oh and what are your preferred methods to land her 720? I'm liking straight forward dash buffer or a easier 6C > jc > j.a > 720. Any really good ones?

• 2b block > 720 - Probably one of the easiest to land. Should even work after barrier block but I'm not a home so I can't test it right now.
  • 2a/5a > whiff 5A > 720 vs. crouchers
  • Homing Cancel > 720 -  Most success I got with this is with cross up attempts. Make sure the opponent respects you though, can be mashed out off. But with Level 2 after some conditioning they won't mash that willingly anyway.
  • Oki 5c whiff > 720 - Setup if you expect enemy to tech immediately

Those are some you can work with. Make them respect your Red Locks in your offense (1-19F Invul) and they'll soon mash less or stop stupid supers which will lead to more potential 720s for you.

i'm pretty happy and satisfied with the 5c and 41236C changes. Run grab having that invincibility run until the end helps so much on those zoners and 5c/5© mixups are great. This also means Bullet can get legit hit confirms off max distance 2b>5C thanks to it also being an actual combo now.

i'm pretty happy and satisfied with the 5c and 41236C changes. Run grab having that invincibility run until the end helps so much on those zoners and 5c/5© mixups are great. This also means Bullet can get legit hit confirms off max distance 2b>5C thanks to it also being an actual combo now.

oh yeah, now it makes sense why my 2B > 5C's were comboing last night. Bullet is fucking great now. 720 all day EVERY DAY.

My face when Bullet runs through Habaya and grabs the shit out of Mu: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/271878_o.gif

Also the new command interpreter makes getting Rage Aggressor a lot easier, if you have butterfingers execution like me. Or at least it seems more lenient. Edit: Nvm, I'm just crazy

And I just got used to going 2B 5B 5C...

The new invuls on Miquelet and 3C feel wonderful, especially when paired with the Miquelet damage buff. 5[C] even moves you far enough to hit the opponent right at the beginning of the round. Yeah, its 19 frames of start-up make it lose to any button press, but who the hell pushes buttons at the beginning of the round?

I thought you could gatling into 5[C], but it seems to be more of a neutral/blockstring tool right now. This indirectly nerfs most of Bullet's combos, but that's just 50 damage less. 2C > 5C is nice, but I'm not sure how much it matters right now: to be honest, I didn't expect everyone to be so hype about it (but then again, I'm just a scrub). jB > j. A doesn't seem to be that important, since even ending aerial combos with it is difficult because of the hitboxes.

And the new red aura looks so, so pretty.

2C > 5C is nice, but I'm not sure how much it matters right now: to be honest, I didn't expect everyone to be so hype about it (but then again, I'm just a scrub).

Err, how does this work?  Did you mean 2B > 5C?  I'm happy with the chance since there were instances where 2B > 5B would whiff, mainly at max range 2B.

Err, how does this work?  Did you mean 2B > 5C? 

Uhh, yes, exactly :v:

Changes to 5C certainly help, but you have to buffer Miquelet a bit further in advance now (It feels?) Against crouchers it's still the same, just go into 3C Miquelet when possible for the easier transition. 

Posting here because I'm really curious. I have another question, my patch version is 1.01. Is it not suppose to be 1.1 or 1.10 or something like that? I thought Miquelet went from 1000 to 1500. Mine currently does 975. Also 2C suppose to be 400+700. Mine currently does 400+376.

Want to hear some hilarious sadness?

Bullet's combo rate is 65%.

Miquelet Capture's base damage values are "0, 1500"... meaning when starting with Miquelet Capture, combo rate applies to that 1500 damage even though it's the first damaging hit. In other words, it used to deal 650 damage as a starter.

The 400+700 is less surprising. The first hit deals 400 damage, has a P1 of 90, and a P2 of 92. The second hit has 700 base damage * 65% combo rate * 90 P1 * 92 current P2 total = 376.74

Want to hear some hilarious sadness?

Bullet's combo rate is 65%.

Miquelet Capture's base damage values are "0, 1500"... meaning when starting with Miquelet Capture, combo rate applies to that 1500 damage even though it's the first damaging hit. In other words, it used to deal 650 damage as a starter.

The 400+700 is less surprising. The first hit deals 400 damage, has a P1 of 90, and a P2 of 92. The second hit has 700 base damage * 65% combo rate * 90 P1 * 92 current P2 total = 376.74

Well damn, haha. So is Bullet doing more damage than before or less? For me as a noob at least from what I played before it feels like on avg my combos do less damage. Was it in exchange for 3c/5c and capture changes? Less dmg overall but more options I think?

5B and 6B deal less damage, 2C, 3C, and Capture deal more. 5C is less damage than old 5C, while 5[C] is more. Most jump normals (across the entire cast) got a strict 10% damage nerf as combo starters.

I'm actually upset with the 5C change. I miss that simple FC set-up into shennanigans, now I have to momentarily charge it and at that point the opponent mostly recovered. It was almost enough to make me drop the character to an extent. I'll play a little bit longer with her and just see if I'm blowing it out of proportion...I probably am but damn do I miss the 5C FC without the charging mess.

Then you're the only one who never got DP'd into 5B>5C probably. 

What kind of shenanigans are you talking about?

5C FC 5B 5C 6C OD 623C 623D xn

5C FC 5B 5C 6C 623C 214D

5C FC 5B 5C 6C (land) jB jC 5B 6B jC jD

My 5C was respected amongst many of the competition down here and its not like I recklessly through it out. It was all for their poor performance with long recovery and a free fatal to go along with it.

I noticed another change in Bullet gameplay. The super Rage Aggressor has a smaller jump at the end of it so it became tighter for those corner ending combos, you might need your opponent to drop a little lower (just hope they don't tech before it).

Well those are combos and they should still work the same?

I thought you were talking about some frame traps because you mentioned shenanigans. With the new 5C you'd be able to get those even better imo.

it's that in order to get FC status you need to use charged 5C, which takes longer to come out, so it's harder/impossible to fatal punish certain things due to how fast they recover.