Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

Uhh, yes, exactly :v:

2B > 5C is important because clipping someone with max range 2B couldn't be followed up before. It makes her footsies that much better.

Want to hear some hilarious sadness?

Bullet's combo rate is 65%.

Miquelet Capture's base damage values are "0, 1500"... meaning when starting with Miquelet Capture, combo rate applies to that 1500 damage even though it's the first damaging hit. In other words, it used to deal 650 damage as a starter.

The 400+700 is less surprising. The first hit deals 400 damage, has a P1 of 90, and a P2 of 92. The second hit has 700 base damage * 65% combo rate * 90 P1 * 92 current P2 total = 376.74

The Miquelet Capture part is incredibly stupid. Wow.

So capture does less damage, even though it got buffed to 1500? Also, 5C change is amazing. Max range 2B was killer when you couldn't combo from it. I'm gonna punish way more things now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Miquelet still does more damage (975 raw rather than 650), it's just that it doesn't deal 1500. Some damage frame data was already pretty ridiculous, it's just that no one paid attention to it when you could just run the game and do it in the lab.

I feel like going 2B 5[C] is worth a try to punish mashing, since 2B got 16 frames of hitstun, so all non-DP moves are too slow to come out.

So what are some good gatlings to try to open people up and frame trap? I've been messing with 5C/5© along with trying for overheads but range and gatling on 6A seems limited to say the least. 

So what are some good gatlings to try to open people up and frame trap? I've been messing with 5C/5© along with trying for overheads but range and gatling on 6A seems limited to say the least. 

If they're not push blocking enough, 5B > 6A is pretty sneaky. I think a lot of people don't realize the gatling exists. Her frame trap game is really straightforward. 

5B>6A and 5B>2B are some of her essential strings to open up enemies. Especially after deep j.B with the Option to fuzzy guard j.C you can open up your enemy. Other than that she got nothing reliable going for her.

5B > 2B > 5C/© is the one I've been using the most since I can usually throw out a 2A after 5© to continue pressure or get a counter hit if they're pressing buttons.

I'll have to use 5B > 6A more often as well but it gets tough when they barrier 5B and 6A whiffs.

Do you guys use 2D and 6D for low/overhead mixup? It seems pretty useful especially at Heat level 2 considering it gets faster. 

Lastly, I'm having a bit of trouble getting red lock timing consistent in the middle of combos like 5B > 5C > 5DD(red lock, heat 2). 

Any tricks to get the timing more consistent or is that just something I need to get used to?

I tend to use 2D/6D, but only with Heat 2 because of the fast red lock. 

For red lock timing, just get used to it, nothing special to it. I thought it's hard to hit the red lock with the new 5C consistently, but I already got it down where i hit it like 9 out of 10 times.

5B > 2B > 5C/© is the one I've been using the most since I can usually throw out a 2A after 5© to continue pressure or get a counter hit if they're pressing buttons.

I'll have to use 5B > 6A more often as well but it gets tough when they barrier 5B and 6A whiffs.

Do you guys use 2D and 6D for low/overhead mixup? It seems pretty useful especially at Heat level 2 considering it gets faster. 

Lastly, I'm having a bit of trouble getting red lock timing consistent in the middle of combos like 5B > 5C > 5DD(red lock, heat 2). 

Any tricks to get the timing more consistent or is that just something I need to get used to?

If you can actually do mix-ups no heat 2D/6D is more then enough. Start-up may be transparent but if you express a strong fundamental without too many reckless actions your opponent may respect you enough for the mix-up. Rapiding off of them may be suggested because the pushback is not enough to be in safety so it's about as risky as doing her DP.

I should have a video up in an hour or two. Still adjusting to 1.1 changes so the performance is not going to be top notch like I normally like. Just supporting the team.

2D/6D are horrible IMO. It's really easy to avoid and even if they don't they still 50/50 might block it and make you go down a level. Anything below level 2 is way too slow to fool anybody. I use it extremely sparingly.

I tend to save 6D and 2D for corner oki with level 2 Heat Up.  Even then I try to use it sparingly so people don't get too used to it.

Also it might just be me, but I think 6D might have a higher hitbox than people think.  I say this because I caught someone jumping out with it...  I'll test it more later.

After some casual fights with my brother, I feel that 5B 6A mix-up is nearly worthless, since the opponent tends to barrier-block you a lot (both because of Bullet's general pressure-heavy playstyle and the threat of tick 720). Therefore, by the time you gatling 5B into 6A, you're out of 6A's range to land it. I suppose what I'm asking here is, how do I discourage opponents from barrier-blocking? Just wait till they run out of barrier gauge?

After some casual fights with my brother, I feel that 5B 6A mix-up is nearly worthless, since the opponent tends to barrier-block you a lot (both because of Bullet's general pressure-heavy playstyle and the threat of tick 720). Therefore, by the time you gatling 5B into 6A, you're out of 6A's range to land it. I suppose what I'm asking here is, how do I discourage opponents from barrier-blocking? Just wait till they run out of barrier gauge?

First I wanted to say that this can't be right because I rarely whiff 6A, even with IB Barrier. But then I thought to myself "I can't post uncertian shit like this."

So I put the dummy on IB Barrier Block and tried empty 5B > 6A and dash 5B > 6A on every character. 

Results:

Dash 5B > 6A will hit everyone. Without the momentum it whiffs on following characters:

• Mu
  • Relius
  • Makoto
  • Izayoi
  • Noel
  • Jin
  • Arakune
  • Carl
  • v13

Maybe this can be of help to someone else too.

Discouraging your opponent from barrier blocking as Bullet is pretty hard I guess. 

The changes are mainly small tweaks like:

• 6A > 5[C]
  • Crush Trigger can be used in midscreen combos (check the video thread)
  • 2B > 5C
  • 6B > Snaphance Fist should be done over 5B > Snaphance Fist or 5B > 6B > Snaphance Fist
  • etc

New bnbs haven't been found yet.

Havent playing bullet much post patch, still doing her old combos but I do just fine on casual matches, are there any new bnb that I need to learn?

Nothing much. Some combos like 5d, rc, 5b 623c (rest of combo) is replaced by simple 5d, rc, 6b, 623c for optimal damage since 5b deals lesser than 6b now. Also new crush trigger attribute making corner combos easier and also pushing enemy to corner if midscreen so you can catch with dash 3c, miquelet. http://youtu.be/U95qj2QHMzE?t=41s this has examples of new crush trigger.

I thought you were supposed to go 6B 623C even before the patch :v:

Thanks for the input, the differences between 5b 6b 623c and 6b 623c is ~100 dmg, 6a 5c and 6a [5c] is also ~100 dmg, I think I'll just stick with my old habbit

Well shes not changing that much, guess I'll focus on kokonoe lol

I thought you were supposed to go 6B 623C even before the patch :v:

Eh? It didn't do more damage to go 5B > 6B > 623C ?  Guess I've been doing it wrong all along OTL .

At this rate sticking with old habits is the good way to go, there's almost no extreme difference in her game play. If I'm struggling with anything it's getting down her final super the 1080 after she throws them in the air. I'm holding onto 1 stock or even two at a time and I'm like idiot twirling the joystick around for no results. I'll study it some more in the training room after work.

At this rate sticking with old habits is the good way to go, there's almost no extreme difference in her game play. If I'm struggling with anything it's getting down her final super the 1080 after she throws them in the air. I'm holding onto 1 stock or even two at a time and I'm like idiot twirling the joystick around for no results. I'll study it some more in the training room after work.

Just keep spinning and mash D, blazblue is very lenient with mashing input lol

Yeah, when I do blackout I think I do 360x15 in order to make sure it comes out. Churn butter like my life depends on it.

Hidden changes

-Rage Aggressor has less jump during it's animation so confirmation is slightly tighter anywhere on the screen

-Heat 2 wall stick has them pinned for a shorter duration

(Anyone else caught onto anything differently?)

At this rate sticking with old habits is the good way to go, there's almost no extreme difference in her game play.

I concur, I very rarely notice anything marginally different when playing her. Aside from throwing in a CT wastefully now and then, it's pretty much the same deal.