Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prototype909

[CP] Bullet Gameplay Discussion

Oh my. This is an awfully embarrasing question, but a critical one. 

After Kagura does his DP, whichever command that may be, I should be able to land a Fatal 5[C], right?

would test it out myself, but I've never unlocked Kagura you see. (= '.'=)

The reason I ask is because my unreliable online doesn't allow me to pull it off. I honestly don't see a reason why I can't. It is a DP after all...

But you never know. 

Kagura's DP is a lot safer than others so it's a valid question. I can't test for myself right now but I know that if you block it while in the air, you can't punish it. If you're on the ground, I think you can fatal 5[C] but I'll need someone to check on that. Pretty sure if not, you can regular 5C or 5B though.

Frame data implies you can easily punish it with a charged 5C on ground block, with enough time to spare for a dash 5C if you have to. Air block punish seems to be impossible with just about anything, though.

It's possible to fatal 5[C] the DP on the ground. You just need to find the timing. I've done it a few times. Just have to make sure he has no meter for the RC obviously.

Sweet~ ...But I suppose that was to be expected!

Kagura's DP did always strike me as odd (he seems to hit the ground quicker). I guess it makes sense that his has a slightly tighter timing. No need to subtitute the move then.

i hate how bullet can't grab a cornered opponent without throwing them out. i need to start baiting bursts right after because they always just burst me into the corner whenever i throw them.

New command list is out for BBCP2.

http://blazblue.jp/images/topics/140805/technical.pdf

Apparently, Bullet has a new B followup for Miquelet Capture. This could be interesting. It doesn't use the D button so it's very possible it doesn't consume heat. 

EDIT: Looks like the B followup is a brake. Oh my. This could be sweet. Need to get an idea of how long the brake is first though.  

Full screen Miquelet Capture and pause momentarily for simple punish because opponent is expecting predictable approach will add little to our mix-up. It just gives me the impression of jD to cancel all air momentum just to punish the predictable. Something slightly more beneficial will be useful but a small perk is better then getting nothing at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhgHI036Pok&list=UUSWFwW7yDCCwwajY97IaZ3w#t=16m25s

Like I said, depends on the length of the brake. There's not really any plus to doing a full screen miquelet capture to begin with unless you're trying to beat a projectile, in which case, a quick brake after dodging the projectile would put you in a better position than just letting the animation fully play out. Also, while the brake might not improve mixups themselves, if the brake is fast enough and can be done early enough, it could work as a decent tool to reset pressure every now and then without spending a heat level. It all comes down to how quick this brake is really. 

if you capture through a burst she will often whiff the grab on the iframes after she runs through the burst itself, meaning you can't punish. Being able to break and not whiff the grab means that any point where you do capture in a combo because completely safe assuming the break doesn't have the same end result frames.

This will at least add another layer to her 720 game. Somewhat okay I guess. I hope there's literally no recovery or the recovery can be canceled by the 720.

I look forward to the new break. Depending on how long/quick/etc the break is, it will help.

Because while I like the extra iframes on capture, still getting hella punished for reads because most of the opponents throwing projectiles recover before you reach them. So the break from a "approach" standpoint will allow Bullet to inch in rather than guess, guess right, still get nothing.

and depending on speed of the break, it will help out in other areas i'm not going to talk about until I see the break in action. :>

This means what for Bullet?

Bullet:
- D Frame Advantage reduced. 
- If you hit D, the opponent floats and can Air Ukemi.
- Heat 1 Piercing Engage doesn't really wall bounce anymore.
- Bullet's Capture's Brake only registers in the last half. Looks like it has recovery. 
- Capture's changed so picking it up off a 5B is tough now.

I am on my phone and at the location test and have been tweeting Bullet changes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/perry_the_kf

^ So everyone can see here.

- Bullet can now do all her command grabs after her D attacks.

Bullet can also go from heat 0 to heat 2 in the corner in one combo because of this change.

Bullet lost her D follow up wall stick in the corner but gains it back if she follows up with 42136C instead.

She has midscreen wall bounce after her D follow up now as well. Shingo managed to get a meterless 5100 damage corner combo w/ new tools.

Blocked drive causes her to be pushed away from the opponent if you don't get the red lock on (excluding 6D and 2D).

Charged flint is similar to Ragna's dead spike and actually moves across the screen then explodes.

Twice in a combo you can do it assuming you started with D.

I took video of Shingo so when I get home I will make the files smaller and upload to vimeo where the Aksys Cops are less likely to look. Also will give it a BS name

How can you do D Wadcut Engage anymore if 5D causes floor bounce now? Am I forgetting something? Also what are your guy's thoughts on how these changes alter her combos/damage?