Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Gamepyarel Discussion v:3 - Encore Edition

I like that her combos got shorter but still deal some sweet damage, they sort of feel like CT combos.

And her Cat1 followup looks pretty sweet.

I like that her 2[C] FC is finally useful! I have been waiting for this since CS2. Also she does more damage from her throw and back throw now...but her air throw combo got a damage nerf.

Tao jbbs doesn't have much stuff, but now you can't jump cancel 5C on block :/

but now you can't jump cancel 5C on block :/

well, it's ok as long as she can reset pressure efficiently through drive cancels.

Well, it looks like the only drive cancel they changed is B cancel, and it looks like that recovers faster. I wonder if it that means it's less disadv on block too.

Saying this simply because things like 4D~B -> 6C are now possible. I might be wrong about it being recovery related.

From what I saw on jbbs, ~B cancel recovery is faster only in 4D~B. The recovery is still the same in every other drive move.

Nah that Tao mashed B cancel like it was the holy grail.Even against that Litchi that mashed 2A like a bigger beast IB'ed B cancel and mashed 2A and still lost to Tao mashing afterwards.

The first time I saw Tao's 2C CA it trades. I guess that's a start...

Nah that Tao mashed B cancel like it was the holy grail.Even against that Litchi that mashed 2A like a bigger beast IB'ed B cancel and mashed 2A and still lost to Tao mashing afterwards.

The first time I saw Tao's 2C CA it trades. I guess that's a start...

I've been telling people to not mash B cancel for the longest time. I wonder what the actual disadv on block is now. Edit: After watching the videos, I'm pretty damn sure B cancel itself has less recovery. People are doing it on block and still getting a counter hit 2A afterwards. And apparently 6C 5D~B 6C works based on one of the videos (it whiffs, but it looks like if he was closer to the corner it would have worked).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IfIvzQyr3c&feature=youtu.be&t=17m9s

Also, thank god they changed Tao's CA. It was so incredibly bad in EX.

Did I just see 5B+C do 3.6k?! Hmm, I think the air grab and back grab combos he was doing weren't optimal.

Can 5C/2C still be canceled into D? If so, 5C not having jump cancel isn't a huge deal. Just means we can't do cool looking 5C JC j.B j.2B j.C combos anymore.

5C doesn't have jump cancel on block, you can still JC on hit. For now, both B+C and 4B+C lead to 3,6k combos. The midscreen air throw combo seems to be nerfed (3,4k if I remember right)...don't know about coner/near coner

The combos I saw after throws were garbage that you do for Day 1. Even if that is somehow optimal getting 3.6 for doing basically nothing isn't so bad I suppose.

I'm just stuck on thinking what her corner combos are going to look like and if it is possible to get anything after a high CH j.D, counter hit j.2B in the air and j.c in the air.

CH air-to-air j.2B and j.C should be around 3.5k-4k when optimal ones are found I think. j.D probably not if it's as prorated as the CSEX version.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1337828367/694

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1337828367/692

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1337828367/705

Okay...now some really weird stuff. Apparently, the charge time for Tao's C moves are shorter now and it seems that they have new properties when charged instead of only 2C and 6C. A new combo route is stuff->2C->charged 5C...and honestly I have no ideia how it works.

Ex:

2A->5B>2C>5[C]>6C>Cat3>2D~C>j.5D~6>Cat2 (2790 dmg)

Also, 2A + Encore->RC stuff does 3800dmg.

I have to see this before putting it in the combo thread. So this means you no longer have to crouch/ch confirm 6Cs on the ground? Pretty cool.

For the new combo thread, I'm also going to try putting video links beside each combo so you can visualize it.

Edit: 2A to 4K? Godlike.

Her average damage seems.. higher in general? Especially when encore or crush trigger is involved. And it looks like you can end combos with cat3->encore for a reset. Cool.

I think her average damage is going to be lower due to it being way harder confirming of random hits (less hit stun). However her damage output off pressure strings will be much higher.

Overall Matoi has a 86% win ratio with her and is 7th Dan with a max combo damage of 5.6K. Tao is fine and the only nerf CP gave her was losing Tetsu ;_;

Tsujikawa did a stream today and, although I could only watch 1 match, he showed the 5[C] route. Basically, 5C charge time is VERY short and it wallbounces when fully charged...it seems that Tao has some nice midscreen combos now.

Tsujikawa did a stream today and, although I could only watch 1 match, he showed the 5[C] route. Basically, 5C charge time is VERY short and it wallbounces when fully charged...it seems that Tao has some nice midscreen combos now.

Are there any archives?

Not sure should I post this here, but looking at the Taokaka matches, I noticed that the opponent drops an item everytime Taokaka uses Cat Spirit Encore (Hakumen drops a Pakumen doll, Litchi drops a meatbun, Hazama drops an egg and Arakune drops some kind of ball)

http://youtu.be/YB3l0-ElIoA?t=1m51s

Tao can use taunts mid combo again? Maybe tauntloop is back? As a lambda player who gets shitted on by taos I hope not.

He's doing that so he can combo into 236C -> Encore for a knockdown. I don't think taunt's properties changed, it's just being used at the end of the combo for that one specific reason.

lol I was just about to respond to that post. In all actuality he did it to style because I saw people still ending with encore even after a double 2A starter and still getting decent damage.

That combo really shows how fast 236C is now. It could have been a good overhead...

More items what opponent's drop with Cat Spirit Encore are a cup with blue ice cream (?) with Jin and a cartoony beef with Azrael.

lol I was just about to respond to that post. In all actuality he did it to style because I saw people still ending with encore even after a double 2A starter and still getting decent damage.

That combo really shows how fast 236C is now. It could have been a good overhead...

You're right, people are now ending things in 6C -> 236C -> Encore.