Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Gamepyarel Discussion v:3 - Encore Edition

Oh I forgot to talk about CP Tao, in my previous post, lol...

CP Tao, as KM Riku mentioned, does look easier to use for me as well. Maybe it's just how Tao combos closer to the ground, and her air combo is like an early mission challenge in previous versions.

The rest that I wanted to point out, Riku pretty much already has which made me laugh pretty hard actually. Tao's CA is so top tier, and personally I've only had rare occasions with opposite flying hadokens.

If people mashed your Extend oki, you were doing that shit wrong and deserved it (bowlingball oki is ass). I LIKE people bursting AB2 as it makes your opponent have to choose the round or a burst in most situations. Encore is getting overly mashed and is just a lazy way to avoid playing neutral and learning maximum damage combo hit confirms.

*Adding "A" in your combos is not hit confirming effectively.

@Riku- The 6C thing only happens against Bang and Valk. 4D-A is something that can't be done every combo unless you are really close to the corner (Never works against Noel/Rachel). On Rachel you can apply 4D-A only off forward throw in the corner.

Tao doing 3k+ damage AND getting oki. Tao able to do anything>5C>6C. Tao's 236C is faster and apparently plus on block. Holy shit did this character NEED BUFFS?

More of that Cat Spirit Encore stuff, with Nu dropping a dish similar to what Noel drops (I can understand if Mu drops it, but Nu?) Carl drops something what looks like a minituar antenna disk device and Platinum drops a doll head of Jubei.

lol you can't get anything if everyone is mashing Encore for EVERY starter. Also is it me or are people just standing up for 236C and not blocking...

lol you can't get anything if everyone is mashing Encore for EVERY starter. Also is it me or are people just standing up for 236C and not blocking...

Matoi is actually showing off some neat stuff recently though. He's actually ending many corner combos in 236CC 5D~A.

And standing 5B/5C -> j.A -> j.B -> j.C loops.

And dash 5C -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A loops.

And I think I saw some 5C -> JC -> j.D~B -> 5C too.

I think I saw standing CH j.C confirm into 236CC directly too.

It seems like we have a lot more freedom in combos in CP. That is... if we shy away from simply mashing encore everywhere.

Matoi is actually the highest ranked Dan player in Japan and just recently passed Tetsuo Jin. Unfortunately Matoi has always had a few fraudulent hit confirms so I'm just going to wait for my cat bros to wise up, learn to add j.4D in combos, stop adding "A" after everything and become men.

I miss tetsu already =/.

So after a solid year of not touching Tao I had a hit of nostalgia while doing random select matches. I wanna start playing her again, I haven't seen many CP Tao matches, but it looks like even her weak 2k corner combos are fun to do and not just 5 hits of boring.

Shorter combo, great damage, knock downs, mix ups, and she looks complete BS. Be nice if more Taos made this thread more lively.

EDIT:

Really liked the Tao's movement in this, http://youtu.be/7acby5wF-4c?t=4m53s <--- that particularly count my interest. I don't where she was going with that.

So I have a question about midscreen 6B combos in Extend. If I land a 6B and aiming to kill, is there a combo with better damage than 6B > 236236D or is that pretty much optimal?

And I'm pretty sure I have gotten 6B > 5B to link on a crouching Makoto a few times, even though she isn't listed as one of the characters it works on. Is it spacing specific or something against her?

6B, 5B, 6A (1), 5D-6, j.D-A, 6C, 236CC, air ender (This combo is mostly on the characters you don't need to RC 6B to combo)

6B, RC, 3C, 22C (1), 5D, j.D-A, 6C, 4D-A, 6C, air ender (This is when you got 50 heat)

6B, RC, 5C, 6C, etc. also works

You need to be close to the corner for those combos to do anything good, right? I was asking if I am completely midscreen and can't get the opponent to the corner for a 6C wallbounce. I saw those on the wiki but didn't see any if you can't get close to the corner. I take it any combo beyond midscreen 6B > 236236D is pointless?

6B,RC, 5B, 6A (1), 5D-6, j.D-A, 6C, 236CC, air ender is what I usually do mid-screen as that tends to be more than enough corner carry. If anything you can always do something like 6B, RC, 5B, 6A(2), j.c, j8d-A, 2D, 9D, J.D-6, j.c, 9D, 3D, j.236bbbbb (this is good if you are like really far from the corner).

Oh right. I forgot that 5B > 6A works on crouching. Thanks

Beware as they got get hit with 6B standing and then 5B 6A won't combo. Make sure your opponent gets hut crouching before you RC so you don't blow heat. Worst case scenario you just frame trap with 5B as 6B is +2 on block and plus on hit.

Although on some characters, you get the 5B without a rapid. I think against Noel, Litchi, Hazama and a couple others.

And 6B -> 5B -> 6A will also always work on fatal counter.

Video thread has reached maximum character cap. New thread is made.

*Sigh* Troops prepare yourselves for the incoming artillery of ass that will be coming our way once CP releases. As your commanding officer I must say it was an honor learning from you all and I hope to see you on the flight home. For those of you that don't make it back may you forever be remembered as the breeds of shit that were Sacrificed for the greater good.

P.S. Matoi sucks at Tao dittos.