Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

OK. I may have found something for ya. Damage is comparable to encore ender. You dont get 5D~A oki, but 6C oki instead.

5B/2B > 2C > 5[C] > 6C > 236CC > jc > j.2D~B > 236A > 5D~A > 6C >

follow up with 214D or whatever oki setup.

Speaking of which, are we gonna have a list of oki setups?

nevermind,im dumb. should of read the full post.

anyway, need some help for people upbacking/mashing backdash after 236a~b giving you an airstate 5b

5b > 5c > JC > j236bx1 > j5d~6 > j4db > 5c > JC > jdb > 5c > JC> jb> jda

i can't get a 5da to connect at the end for knockdown, any ideas? it gives pretty much fullscreen corner carry when i start at back to corner

im having a hard time with combos.

here is what I have so far:

2B>2C>5[C]>6C>236CC>5D6>j.4D~A>6C>236CB

I'm trying to add another loop to it, maybe a 6C>4D~A>6C section or something but im guessing thats just not possible?

Update to post.

I made a 2C fatal combo. Like I always do :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swoSELlup8

im having a hard time with combos.

here is what I have so far:

2B>2C>5[C]>6C>236CC>5D6>j.4D~A>6C>236CB

I'm trying to add another loop to it, maybe a 6C>4D~A>6C section or something but im guessing thats just not possible?

Update to post.

I made a 2C fatal combo. Like I always do :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swoSELlup8

i dont think you can much more off a 2b starter without using resources and the damage wouldnt be that great.

also, i THINK this is the optimal punish route non fatal

2C > 5[C] > 6C > CT > 6C > 5C > JC > JD~c > J2D~A > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236CC > 2DC > JD~C >AIR SUPER 6.5K

so maybe try adding the 6C >5C extension to your combo maybe? i havent messed around much with FC 2C yet.

this is so cool

Have you guys played around with the 6B > j.236B (whiff) > 5B starters?

Also, 6A openers are kinda interesting, most universal one I found for full screen carry is

6A > j5B (2) > j5D~6 > j4D~B > 5C > j5B (2) > j5D~A > 5D~B > 6C > ...

... > 214D > j5C > j5D~C > j5C > j236236D

You guys found anything else?

Have you guys played around with the 6B > j.236B (whiff) > 5B starters?

Also, 2A openers are kinda interesting, most universal one I found for full screen carry is

2A > j5B (2) > j5D~6 > j4D~B > 5C > j5B (2) > j5D~A > 5D~B > 6C > ...

You guys found anything else?

Not a combo.

This j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A route works on pretty much any normal starter, for +100 over the route I was defaulting to.

For example:

Air to ground j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A [3728]

Air to ground j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5C -> JC -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A [3609]

Definitely takes a bit more timing to get though. The 2C -> 5C route is not really that strict.

This j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A route works on pretty much any normal starter, for +100 over the route I was defaulting to.

For example:

Air to ground j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A [3728]

Air to ground j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5C -> JC -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A [3609]

Definitely takes a bit more timing to get though. The 2C -> 5C route is not really that strict.

I need to know! What makes everyone do 214D - > j.2D-B? What is the root cause of this way of thinking?

most jp players, pretty much all of them, will default to this route

j.c > 5b> 5[c] > 2c > 6c > 214d > jd~b > 5c > JC > jd~c > j2d~a > 6c > 4d6~b > 6c > 236cc > 5da 3.3k~

but it looks like xdest's second route is more optimal? unless it's very character specific or something. Other one looks good too if they're already in the corner.

edit: nevermind, looks like you took out a 5b, they're probably pretty similar then.

My bad I meant 6A > j5B(2)

6A > j5B (2) > j5D~6 > j4D~B > 5C > j5B (2) > j5D~A > 5D~B > 6C > ...

I need to know! What makes everyone do 214D - > j.2D-B? What is the root cause of this way of thinking?

214D > j2D~B allows for 1/3rd screen push, and if its a bit further than that. you can do 214D > 66 > j2D~B

If your j.c combo doesn't hit 4K meterless, with no encore, please optimize and try again. Thankfully you are almost there! I would post what you are missing, but when you figure it out you are going to all have the reaction of, "why didn't I try X in the first place?". It's funny because the answer is simple for those that don't know it already =3

As for the next set of things we should start working on I'll list them in order of importance;

1) We need an optimized combo off of ground starters for Rachel's fat ass. These should also have room to add CT and air super if either option is available. (I really don't have anything special and I'm sure there is something better out there)

2) Would someone be so kind as to figure out the timing for the Rachel specific standing hit confirm? (5B, 5C, rising, j.B, j.C, land, etc.)

3) Anything special for Tager/Hakumen? Could someone do a quick check on them and see if they can discover something new. They are a little on the fat side so I'm hoping for some results.

4) It is about time everyone moves on the CH confirms and look to optimize those. As of now I have a few, but I'm still in the process of testing other options.

5) Finally, if someone would be so kind as to briefly explain the timing for 6B, j.236B, 5B link. Essentially you are using j.236B to eliminate the 2 frames of landing recovery from 6B in order to combo 5B meterless on all characters. I can't really explain the timing besides it being one of those things you either know how to do or you can't do it at all. Hoping someone could help shed some light on players looking to learn this useful combo route in the not so distant future.

5) Finally, if someone would be so kind as to briefly explain the timing for 6B, j.236B, 5B link. Essentially you are using j.236B to eliminate the 2 frames of landing recovery from 6B in order to combo 5B meterless on all characters. I can't really explain the timing besides it being one of those things you either know how to do or you can't do it at all. Hoping someone could help shed some light on players looking to learn this useful combo route in the not so distant future.

I've found that you can buffer the 236 motion for ages during the 6B animation, so buffer that beforehand, and focus your timing with a simple double tap of B so that 5B follows up immediately. The timing is just after seeing/hearing the hit confirm.

(Had a bit of fun with challenge 27 I think it was)

hahaha such truth in that video.

You know, I was kind of getting bored of Tao and was considering trying other characters in CP but you guys always make me come back here and in the end I still keep playing with her.