Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

Yes there is a trick to it. You have to delay the j.D~A after j.236B. I was stuck on this for ages until I found it out myself.

You can also do tk super jump 236B and you can do it immediately

Also, that midscreen throw combo is...really bad.

5B+C>j.236B>j.2D~B / j.5D~B (char specific part) > 5C>j.236B > j.5D~A>j.4D~6>j.5D~A>5D~B(>6C>236CB / 236CC super ender)

full screen corner carry by the time yo 5D and can end however you like

Tking it is definitely the way to go for 236b.

also if you are having trouble getting 4d~a notice the recovery of when j.5d~a hits you are not really going to touch the ground yet when you are able to do the 4d if you mash it you'll see then its just learning the timing.

You can also do tk super jump 236B and you can do it immediately

Also, that midscreen throw combo is...really bad.

5B+C>j.236B>j.2D~B / j.5D~B (char specific part) > 5C>j.236B > j.5D~A>j.4D~6>j.5D~A>5D~B(>6C>236CB / 236CC super ender)

full screen corner carry by the time yo 5D and can end however you like

5B+C -> j.236B -> j.D~B -> 5C -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 5D~A -> 6C -> j.236C~B is 3192

5B+C -> j.6D~6 -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B is 3159

I don't see all that much difference. Although when you get to near-corner you can use the one I posted a page back, which does around 3600.

^ Doesn't that second one only work if you already get them in the corner on the first 6C? I think the combo that MashThat5A posted pretty much works corner-to-corner?

cmiiw I've never had time to try it yet

I've been playing around with j.5d~B as an anti air and just confirm off normal hit around midscreenish and a little closer to the corner but not enough to be a near corner combo maybe a space forward in nuetral or back. you can confirm j.5d~b at any height of norm jump and get a combo and knock down in the corner or closer to get the great route she has! so i guess its an anti air too and air whiff punish (Hakumens) !

Mid screen is j.5d~b -> Land -> 5C -> Tk.236b -> j.5d~a -> j.4d~a -> 6C -> 5d~a -> 6C -> 236C~B 3079 damage. Also if you are close enough to the wall you can 4d~6B (Really let it Lounge over!) -> 6C -> 236C~B for 3229 damage

Note 1: to get the combo to work from the top of your opponents normal jump height ie when their head is off the screen like hakumen or hazama for example you need to delay the 4d as much as possible. some times people and in training mode they fall in such a way that its not really an issue but sometimes you can see the space and therefore need to delay it!

I tried this on Hakumen, Platinum, Rachel, and Hazama all worked. tried to get all the types i could think off.

If people were already doing this my fault also if you have something better im open to interpretation.

^ Doesn't that second one only work if you already get them in the corner on the first 6C? I think the combo that MashThat5A posted pretty much works corner-to-corner?

cmiiw I've never had time to try it yet

It can be done from exactly midscreen, so it does have good corner carry. Any further and the former combo is probably more applicable.

Mid screen is j.5d~b -> Land -> 5C -> Tk.236b -> j.5d~a -> j.4d~a -> 6C -> 5d~a -> 6C -> 236C~B 3079 damage. Also if you are close enough to the wall you can 4d~6B (Really let it Lounge over!) -> 6C -> 236C~B for 3229 damage

That's really situational, they have to be low enough to the ground for the 5C. But if you do get that, you can get a second loop of the j.236B route for 3800.

j.D~B -> (5C -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A)x2 -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [3818]

Otherwise, just use the routes in the OP, they work in pretty much any height.

There doesn't seem to be anything regarding a non-CH j.5D~B hit on there though.

The height is pretty situational, I must agree on that. But then again you don't really have much of an option there except maybe j.5D~6 instead of j.5D~B.

Also as a reminder that if the j.5D~B hits near the ground enough, you can start the 5C j.5D~B loop normally. If it hits but is high, then the j.236B loop applies. If it doesn't hit well you're better off capitalizing on the frame advantage and for something like 6A or 2D or something.

That's really situational, they have to be low enough to the ground for the 5C. But if you do get that, you can get a second loop of the j.236B route for 3800.

j.D~B -> (5C -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A)x2 -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [3818]

im really into the random confirms and situation stuff like that trying to maximize damage while giving me her 236C~B . i some how got it to where im comfortable doing it in the mist of stray hits like its muscle memory but that extension is gonna help a lot thanks!

It can be done from exactly midscreen, so it does have good corner carry. Any further and the former combo is probably more applicable.

Mine is full screen corner carry, so it does more damage and is applicable in every non corner situation

Anyone found an optimal combo for j.B+C yet? There's some ridiculously high hit stun scaling on that thing.

I'm just using:

j.B+C -> 5C -> j.5D~B -> 5C -> j.B(2) -> j.5D~6 -> j.4D~ ->

(if corner)A -> Taunt -> 236C

(if not corner)6 -> j.C xx jc -> j.C -> j.236BBBBB (horrible ender)

I know there should be something better, especially since I don't get the oki midscreen with this.

with front facing corner:

jBC > dash under 5C > either j5D~C > j.2D~A or j.2D~C > j5D~A ( char specific) > 6C > 4D~B > 236AA > 5D~A

either j5D~C > j.2D~A or j.2D~C > j5D~A ( char specific)

Oh yeah since it's here already do we have a list of which characters to use which version of this?

Also, there's really no midscreen version I guess? :(

I don't remember the list since it's been a while since I've played. I'm pretty sure it's either one route works or the other, but never both. midscreen the forward throw combo I posted on the last page starting at 5C should work, but there's probably something more optimal.

Also, the drives in that combo are immediate, as opposed to the delay you normally use when directly in the corner

Mine is full screen corner carry, so it does more damage and is applicable in every non corner situation

Speaking of the corner, is there anything good you have found for 5B+C? I can't really figure out anything better than the midscreen ones, while at near-corner I can get a lot better damage.

5BC > j.2D~B > 5[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236AA > 5D~A

5BC > j.D~C > j.2D~A > 5[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 236AA > 5D~A

these are character specific. there's also a Tager one that I don't remember

5BC > j.2D~B > 5[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236AA > 5D~A

5BC > j.D~C > j.2D~A > 5[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 236AA > 5D~A

these are character specific. there's also a Tager one that I don't remember

So 5D~A is the preferred ender? Is 236CC > 5D~A > 236CB passé at this point?

Also, I hate when I get 4B+C... what's good?

I'm having trouble with the following combos from the front page:

2C -> 6C -> 214D -> j.D~B -> 5C -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A

6C -> 214D -> j.D~B -> 5C -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A

I keep dropping it at the the 6C after j.D~C> .. > j.2D~A >6C. I can't tell if I'm messing up the delay or something else, is there usually some common issue people have with this?

I also noticed j.2D~C > j.D~A > 6C is used in too, are these things interchangeable? If so, is there a reason to use one over the other?

all you get mid screen is like 2c 5c j.b2 j.da 5da

with your back to the corner you get a little more, but it's still better to use the fullscreen corner carry combo i posted earlier because it does more damage.

I'm having trouble with the following combos from the front page:

2C -> 6C -> 214D -> j.D~B -> 5C -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A

6C -> 214D -> j.D~B -> 5C -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A

I keep dropping it at the the 6C after j.D~C> .. > j.2D~A >6C. I can't tell if I'm messing up the delay or something else, is there usually some common issue people have with this?

I also noticed j.2D~C > j.D~A > 6C is used in too, are these things interchangeable? If so, is there a reason to use one over the other?

The delay is incredibly variable. But to get the best results, the 5C before it must hit as low as possible.

Yes it's actually harder than it looks for some characters. Just gotta check which delay which works with which.

j.2D~C and j.D~A being swapped isn't interchangeable; it's actually character specific. As said by MashThat5A in the page before this, one or the other works for a certain character, but never both.

actually, in the corner j.5dc delay j.2da is universal, it's only for the air throw combo where it isnt because you're not doing it their their back to the corner and the blowback causes things to whiff

the reason why you would use the other route is that it does /slightly/ more damage