Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

I leave it at 5D~A but you can also add 6c > 236CB or 6C > 236CC super ender

back throw sucks. never use it

Oh believe me, that shit is netplay only. I just figured for completion sake I'd like to find something decent off of it. =/

actually, in the corner j.5dc delay j.2da is universal, it's only for the air throw combo where it isnt because you're not doing it their their back to the corner and the blowback causes things to whiff

the reason why you would use the other route is that it does /slightly/ more damage

Oh? Well that's convenient then.

And yeah I checked what you meant by slightly... and it's literally 4 damage lol

Route for jumping combos on standin opponents.

From jWiki:

Jin, Noel, Carl, Makoto, Platinum, Barrett: that could not be

5C> JA> JB (1)> JC: Teiga, Arakune, Bang, Valkenhayn

5C> JB (1)> JA: Ragna, Rachel, Tager, Arakune, Hakumen, Hazama, Azrael

5C> JB (2)> JC: Tager, Bang

IMO jump strings on standing opponents don't seem to bring as much benefit as in CSEX. It basically just provides slight corner carry while decaying your combo. I can be completely wrong though in seeing any noteworthy benefits to using it- unless the case being it's Tager or a character that it can be pulled off easily.

That being said I'm trying multiple things with jump strings, and recording them just for a visual reference. I'll upload it ASAP if it gets done for you guys, but there's one key thing I want to note/ask.

Should I be doing;

a straight up dash 5C>...

dash 5B>5C>...

or neutral momentum 5C / 5B>5C to make these applicable/semi-applicable?

My thinking behind my recordings right now is just assuming Tao hit confirms mostly from the air, thus gains the capability to do a dash 5C>...

Thanks guys

You are completely wrong. You land a jump in on a standing opponent but you're too far away for 5[C] > 6C wallstick, you want to go for jump combo to get them to the corner with the 3C> 22C > 6D~6 > 4D~a> taunt ender (works midscreen vs some characters, corner only vs majority). That is infinitely better than forcing restand midscreen, imo.

Also those rejump combos are pretty interesting, I just do 5C > j.B > j.C

The characters I couldn't get it to work on were: Noel, Taokaka, Izayoi, Platinum, Bullet (I think), Jin, Noel, and Kokonoe.

I usually do 2B > 5B after I land from j.c in my string to push my opponent closer to the corner, I need to experiment and see if there is a way to do rejump that will save my 5[C] > 6[C] so I can go into 214D~ j.D~B for safejump ender. Too bad rejump not worth trying in netplay, so I only do it offline.

Ohhh ok thanks, Kurumster. I guess my mindset was far too concentrated on the online aspect, so I was left thinking I should just leave it aside entirely. I'll definitely try out some more things later.

I'll have to try rerecording a lot of things that better fit the bill for rejump combos.

What's the max damage you can get off corner 5B+C without OD?

I'm trying to kill from 50% but can't seem to squeeze out that last little pixel on an 11K health bar.

Best optimal corner punish route I have seen yet:

6C 236CC j.D~C j.2D~A 5[C] j.236B j.D j.4D~A 6C 4D6~B 6C 236AAA 5D~A 4618

Do we have a list on which characters this corner throw combo works on? I think my execution might be bad >_>

5B+C 2D 5[C] 6C 4D6~B 6C 236CC 5D~A 3432

What's the best OD combos you guys found on Arakune / Tager? Best I can find is double hexa stuff but my crappy ones cost more and do less damage than normal j.236B*5 combos. 4D6~B OD 5BB 236C~B seem to prorate too much

What's the max damage you can get off corner 5B+C without OD?

I'm trying to kill from 50% but can't seem to squeeze out that last little pixel on an 11K health bar.

Wait... what?

Corner 5B+C dealing 50% on an 11k health bar? Call me a noob or something but I didn't know Taokaka can deal that much damage off of a throw without OD? I mean, 5B+C's ridiculously low hit stun and all...

Best optimal corner punish route I have seen yet:

6C 236CC j.D~C j.2D~A 5[C] j.236B j.D j.4D~A 6C 4D6~B 6C 236AAA 5D~A 4618

By punish do you mean non fatal and meterless? I think there's a route that does just a little shy of 5k meterless into grounded finish, and she definitely breaks well over 5k if you go j.236Bx5 route.

I've got tomorrow off, so I'll use some time to make that character specific list.

@Zekira

As for the throw almost doing 50% on 11k. It's actually not very close at all. I was trying to kill Tao & Carl at first, and then slowly was working my way up, but it's actually a pretty big difference once you get to 11k. 5200 off corner throw without OD is as good as I think I got. Also, fuck Jin. 11,500... why? Cause fuck it? Purple throw this scrub!

By punish do you mean non fatal and meterless? I think there's a route that does just a little shy of 5k meterless into grounded finish, and she definitely breaks well over 5k if you go j.236Bx5 route.

I've got tomorrow off, so I'll use some time to make that character specific list

Yes, just normal 6C. I'd love to see the almost 5k oki combo, is that with CH 2C perhaps? Should be possible to do some nice things with:

... 236CC j.D-A/B 5[C] 6C...

I think normal starter like jumpins do 100 more with that route than: ... 6C 214D j.D-C j.2D-A 6C ...

But it might be char specific also.

And instead of short starter to 214D j.2D-B 236aaa.. you can go to 214D j.C j.236B j.2D-B 236aaa 5D 236C (best corner short hit on Rachel?)

What's the best corner long starter with CT we got?

That list would be really helpful so I know if I'm a scrub or not lol.

Yes, just normal 6C. I'd love to see the almost 5k oki combo, is that with CH 2C perhaps? Should be possible to do some nice things with:

... 236CC j.D-A/B 5[C] 6C...

I think normal starter like jumpins do 100 more with that route than: ... 6C 214D j.D-C j.2D-A 6C ...

But it might be char specific also.

And instead of short starter to 214D j.2D-B 236aaa.. you can go to 214D j.C j.236B j.2D-B 236aaa 5D 236C (best corner short hit on Rachel?)

What's the best corner long starter with CT we got?

That list would be really helpful so I know if I'm a scrub or not lol.

Yeah, the punish I had was 2C > 5[C] > 6C > 214D > j.5D~B > 5C > j.5D~B > j.5D~C > j.2D~A > 5[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236AA > 5D~A > 6C > 236CB (4722) and I believe there is a variation with SMP 236CB that hits 4900ish. Although you're better off ending with the 4700 route.

For Rachel, you can just do 214D > j.C > 236B > 2D~B > 5[C] > 236A > 5D~A > 6C > 236CB (3114) but be warned, connecting the 236A 5D~A part means letting her fall as low as possible when the 5[C] connects. It's not really worth going for in a match so I think omitting the 236A is like 3098 or something. Honestly, I don't play any Rachel's, and have been neglecting labing anything on her so I just stick with the basics.

As for CT combos, there are so many variations that I've lost track of what's optimal anymore. The one I usually go for if I get FC is 2[C] > 6[C] > 6C > CT > 2[C] > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236CC > 2D~C > 8D > 5D > 236Bx5. (6453) and 2[C] > 6[C] > CT > 2[C] > 236CC > j.5D~B > j.5D~C > j.2D~A > 6C > 4D~B > 6C > 236AAA > 5D~A (5641).

Sorry I don't have a list up yet. Had a real shitty weekend, and when I got around to making the list I figured I might as well ask here what ALL the character specific are that people are unclear on, and then I'll run them on the cast and get this spreadsheet popping.

@Zekira

Yeah, as long as it didn't use OD I was just curious what the max damage people were getting off of 5B+C. I believe all throws are weak starter so you won't see any character break 4k without DD/OD. I think Tao can do 3600 totally resourceless. Maybe 3800 with character specific stuff. I've only just begin playing around with it.

*Super late response*

I think we could use a list of OD combos both midscreen & corner + the char specific variations + optimal throw combos.

It seems for Noel, Arakune, Tager, Rachel you can do

*Stuff* 6C 4D6~B OD 2B 5B 6A j.236B*5 dj.236B*5 236236D

Instead of 5B 5D 6C. Does less damage though, not sure if you can go into 236C~B j.7 j.236B*5 on these somehow? Scaling seems to be a problem in most combos going for OD 236C~B.

2C -> 6C, 2C -> CT, and 2C -> 236C doesn't combo on normal hit, it does on counter hit. You're also not going to land a normal hit 2C very often. It'll either be: punishing a DP, or an opponent getting hit by a 5B -> 2C frame trap. Either way, it's a CH.

2C -> 5[C] -> 6C would combo on normal hit, but obviously takes a bit more time, if you use the same route you use on j.B/j.C with this, that would work.

Ah ok, that's actually why I asked I figured someone could give a reason. I didn't realize 5B -> 2C is a frame trap. Good to know.

And yeah that makes sense, you can just pick up 2C combos from where they are in most other combos.

This character is a lot of fun, glad I'm finally taking time to sit down with her.

2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 5C -> jc j.D~B -> land jump j.D~C -> j.2D~A -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A

does like 4.7 if you add 6c 236C 5d at the end. I think it's about 4.4 - 4.5 without

it's possible to sneak 214D -> j.D~B after the first 6C, but it makes the 5[c] a 1-frame link if you want 236c smp ender

Oh. thanks. Didnt know about this stuff :DD

Then one more question. I have some problem doing j.D~C -> j.2D~A -> 3C in a corner. 3ะก almost always misses. Any tips how to do it correctly?