Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CP] Taokaka Combo Thread - Now with 33% less loops!

What OD combo do you guys do if the opponent is airborne midscreen?

How much can we go into from throw, 6A / j.B / j.C / j.D assuming 100 bar and 30% health?

I did the combos from the simple the three of them now to really start to play with tao which combo can you or everyone recommend me to start praticing on training mode and also to have a good basic?

because i am lost and i dont know how to start

wohoo i did 4k damage with tao in the corner its pretty easy too.

5{C}, 6C, 214D, 2D~B, 5C, jB(1hit), D~A, D~A, 6C, 4D~B, 6C, 236CC, 2D~C, D~6,236BBBBB

Can i please get more hit confirm combos? this combo doesnt work unless it starts with a held in C. thats pretty wack coz even with scaling it shouldve still worked :(

Can i please get more hit confirm combos?

There's plenty of corner BnBs on the OP that are still relevant as of 1.0.

There's two reasons this combo only would work off charged/CH 5C, 2C, or 6C.

1. Combos in BBCP are based on a timer. The longer the combo goes on, the more hitstun decay you get over time (until it's possible to chain anything together).

2. 5C is a normal starter. If you tried with a short starter like 5B, 2B, or 2A, you wouldn't be able to do this combo at all.

For more ideas with the starter you chose, I suggest looking at the opening post in the corner category. CH 2C would be equivalent to 5[C] in terms of routes here.

The general route people use in the corner off normal starters is: Starter -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> 5C -> JC -> j.D~C -> .. -> j.2D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> Ender.

If you do something which takes less time, like 2C -> 6C, you should be able to do something involving the 5C -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C route (see some of the 6C combos).

Some of this probably won't be relevant in 1.1, as j.D's proration is taking a hit.

Time for 1.1!

Mid-screen 6C -> 214D -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5[C] -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [4088]

Corner 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5[C] -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [4390]

Near Corner or Corner j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.2D~B - >2C -> 5C -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [3177]

Near Corner Only j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.C -> j.236B -> j.2D~B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [3256]

Corner j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.2D~B -> 5[C] -> 6C ->4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AAA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [3510]

j.D~C -> j.2D~A is obsolete it seems. All aerial confirms took a huge hit in damage, but I think that's a universal change.

Time for 1.1!

Mid-screen 6C -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5[C] -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [4088]

Corner 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5[C] -> JC -> j.236B -> .. -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [4390]

Near Corner or Corner j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.2D~B - >2C -> 5C -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 6C -> 236C~B [3177]

Near Corner Only j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 214D -> j.C -> j.236B -> j.2D~B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C -> 236AA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [3256]

Corner j.C -> 2C -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 236CC -> JC -> j.2D~B -> 5[C] -> 6C -> 236AAA -> 5D~A -> 236C~B [3510]

j.D~C -> j.2D~A is obsolete it seems. All aerial confirms took a huge hit in damage, but I think that's a universal change.

All jump starters took a 10% hit to the P1 iirc. Damage wise the j.D~C -> j.2D~A route is obsolete to be sure, as it does 10-12% less than the easier 236CC route, but I still think it has utility in near corner situations. The timing seems to be unaffected and the j.D~C -> j.2D~A route still does 3097 damage off of j.C -> 2C. I feel like that route is still more robust in max-distance situations.

Whatever (-> 2C -> H5C -> 6C -> cat jump -> 66 -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> 5C -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D6~B -> 6C ) works but consumes more untech time and depending on how much stuff is in between your starter and 2C you'll have to omit the 2nd 6C or the 4D6~B if you want to get to OD. I couldn't get (stuff -> cat jump -> 66 -> j.C -> cat2 -> j.2D~B) to work in max-distance situations but that could just be a matter of me needing to learn the timing, although I didn't have any trouble doing it without the extra dash after cat jump.

I'm having 5C -> TK Cat2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~x drop at j.4D on most my BnBs. The 2nd hit of j.4D seems to have had its hitbox reduced significantly as unless the character is very low to the ground you pass under without connecting. Haven't been able to get CH 6C -> cat jump -> j.D~B -> 5C -> j.D~B -> 5C -> TK Cat2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~x to work. Also can't get CH j.D~B -> 66 -> j.C -> jc -> j.B -> 5C -> TK Cat 2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~x to work either. But, j.B(2) -> j.2D~B -> 5C -> j.D~B -> 5C -> TK Cat2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D works?

I think this was a stealth nerf to Tao's corner carry because j.D~A -> j.4D~x works as it did before with no change at all to the timing in the corner, but will often drop midscreen. Maybe it's just me though? I wasn't able to get your 6C combo to work unless they were close enough to the corner that they'd make contact with the wall after cat2 -> j.D~A.

Cat jump nerf requires a slight change in timing for j.C crossups, but seems unnoticeable in combos. Also, due to the increased recovery CH 6C -> 66 -> 5C is no longer possible as an alternative to CH 6C -> cat jump, not that I ever really used that option but nevertheless.. I was really hoping that there wouldn't need to be a complete rework of my routes but that's what it's looking like. Ironically, I was most worried about j.D~C -> j.2D~A not working anymore (I was aware of the damage nerf), that the TK cat2 route might break wasn't even on my mind.

In the interim I guess I'll just have to use (j.D~B -> 5C) x n -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 5D~A for all my carry applications. It's kind of funny to be going back to that route, in addition to using the 236CC route in the corner, because I was using both routes back in December since I couldn't yet do j.D~C -> j.2D~A or TK Cat 2.. Kind of makes me wish I had stuck with those rather than spending so much time learning the more optimal routes.

Edit: It looks like the j.D~C -> j.2D~A route + OD cat2 + unison barely does more damage than just a straight OD -> hexa edge in the 236CC route due to proration and cat2/unison nerfs. 

CH 6C -> cat jump -> j.D~B -> 5C -> j.D~B -> 5C -> TK Cat2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~x to work. Also can't get CH j.D~B -> 66 -> j.C -> jc -> j.B -> 5C -> TK Cat 2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~x

Both work for me, but both do poor damage.

Both work for me, but both do poor damage.

Are you able to do it without changing your timing, and is it as reliable for you as 1.0? I do my cat2 pickups fairly high off the ground and I am going under with j.4D unless it's in the corner. I'm finding combos that use j.2D~B regulate the height to a level that works with j.4D though.

At this point I'm not sure if the link got tighter or if the timing has just changed, or both.

Are you able to do it without changing your timing, and is it as reliable for you as 1.0? I do my cat2 pickups fairly high off the ground and I am going under with j.4D unless it's in the corner. I'm finding combos that use j.2D~B regulate the height to a level that works with j.4D though.

At this point I'm not sure if the link got tighter or if the timing has just changed, or both.

I had the same problem but i kinda solve it by not high jumping the cat 2 . I actually made a video for that bcuz i thought this has to happen if you wanna squeeze more damge .

Watch "BBCP 1.1 Taokaka corner carry combo" on YouTube - BBCP 1.1 Taokaka corner carry combo: http://youtu.be/VdrpxpWGHJ0

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem but i kinda solve it by not high jumping the cat 2 . I actually made a video for that bcuz i thought this has to happen if you wanna squeeze more damge .

Watch "BBCP 1.1 Taokaka corner carry combo" on YouTube - BBCP 1.1 Taokaka corner carry combo: http://youtu.be/VdrpxpWGHJ0

Thank you much! I was checking this thread at every break at work today hoping for a solution. Unfortunately TK'ing cat2 will always count as a superjump so I have to relearn the input as 8236 rather than 2369. Like you said in the vid description, in combos that use  (j.D~B -> 5C) x N you can modulate the final 5C to catch them very low to the ground in order to allow TK Cat2 to work. But just switching to 8236B works better, is easier, and is more consistent.  Did a quick video with inputs, comparing my old (no longer valid) input to the new one:

http://youtu.be/b5ZjQK8fHNo

As XDest mentioned damage is pitiful but as long as the carry/oki is still there I'm happy.

Thank you much! I was checking this thread at every break at work today hoping for a solution. Unfortunately TK'ing cat2 will always count as a superjump so I have to relearn the input as 8236 rather than 2369. Like you said in the vid description, in combos that use (j.D~B -> 5C) x N you can modulate the final 5C to catch them very low to the ground in order to allow TK Cat2 to work. But just switching to 8236B works better, is easier, and is more consistent. Did a quick video with inputs, comparing my old (no longer valid) input to the new one:

http://youtu.be/b5ZjQK8fHNo

As XDest mentioned damage is pitiful but as long as the carry/oki is still there I'm happy.

Your very welcome !

Midscreen 2c ch > 6[c] > 214d > j.2d~b > 2c > 5c > j.236b > 5d~a > j4d~a>6c>4d6~b>6c>236aa>5d~a>6c>236c~b . 4176

I was just training oki ... do we really have to go for j.5d~c>j.2d~a route to get the variety of okis that we had back in 1.0 ? ._.

Cuz the 236c SMP and all .

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23560869

This video that Kurushii found is super helpful.  Shows different pieces of air and anti air confirms.  Then puts them together for practical corner carry combos.  I'm going to work on using these pieces to replace the stuff thats obsolete now and see what I can come up with for various confirms.

There is some Q&A stuff in the Captain Falcon sensei part at the end that is really helpful.  

The first one deals with H5C>6C>4DB not working on Rachel for corner combos.  Because of the nerf to drive hitboxes, this will always whiff on her.  The replacement combo it suggests is as follows:  H5C>6C>command jump>j.2DB>Cat Spirit 1>5DA>6C>Cat spirit 3>encore.  this works well, but you can't do a damage finisher off the end I don't think.  It also describes a variation in pink text. For A and B starters it is as follows: H5C>6C>Cat spirit 3(2 hits)>5DA>Cat Spirit 1(1 hit)>5DC.  This forces an SMP tech and gives you a safe jump I think.  My Japanese isn't good enough to read what it says about C starters.

The second question is about hitting Amane with CT combos.  Basically, CT>H2C>6C won't connect, so omit the H2C.  There is a second paragraph about that, but I also can't read it.

I'm not sure what the the rest is about.  Maybe someone with better Japanese can help us out.

I was just training oki ... do we really have to go for j.5d~c>j.2d~a route to get the variety of okis that we had back in 1.0 ? ._.

Cuz the 236c SMP and all .

No. I abandoned the 236CC route in 1.0 for this reason, but it never occurred to me you could omit 6C and have enough untech time left.

Stuff -> 6C -> cat 1 -> 5D~A -> cat 3 -> encore triggers SMP but doesn't give them an opportunity to tech out. I haven't checked in 1.1 yet but in 1.0 even though SMP is triggered, encore retains its + on hit (+4 iirc but don't quote me on that).

It does, however, limit OD options somewhat. Doing the 236CC and just sticking OD hexaedge at the end does almost as much damage as j.D~C -> j.2D~A -> 1.0 corner OD routes. I guess there's always OD -> 6C -> 6C -> jc -> cat2 -> unison but that route doesn't work on the entire cast iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23560869

This video that Kurushii found is super helpful. Shows different pieces of air and anti air confirms. Then puts them together for practical corner carry combos. I'm going to work on using these pieces to replace the stuff thats obsolete now and see what I can come up with for various confirms.

There is some Q&A stuff in the Captain Falcon sensei part at the end that is really helpful.

Rachel and Amane stuff applied to 1.0 as well. On the topic of stuff that doesn't work on certain characters, though, 6C -> 236CC -> 2D~x and 5BC -> cat2 -> j.D~6 -> j.4D~A now both work on Kokonoe in the corner. 236CC -> 2D is kind of moot though with the unison/cat2/j.D nerfs though..

His j.D CH route does 300 more than the 1.0 route and is easier to boot. Looks like the goal in general in 1.1 is to either avoid j.D all together or stick it as late in the combo as possible. I'll have to compare his other carry route though. Doesn't j.4D's first hit have a 72 P2? I was experimenting with j.B -> jc9 -> j.4D~6 -> j.2D~B -> 2C -> H5C but gave it up since j.4D's first hit connecting absolutely neutered the damage potential.

Also 5BC -> j.2D~B -> (H5C) -> 6C -> etc is looking like the best corner grab route so far, but doesn't work on all the cast. 5BC -> (cat2) -> j.D~C -> j.2D~A -> (H5C) -> 6C is kind of not worth it anymore as it only does marginally more damage than cat2 -> j.D~6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I had no idea about Rachel and Amane.  I barely play those matchups, so I guess I never needed to know.

Anyone come up with anything for midscreen 5B+C?  I can't get anything to end in a knockdown yet due to the drive nerf.

Full health Corner grab > j.2d~b > 5[c] > 6c>4d6~b>OD > 5B5B > 5D~A > 6C > 7j.236B x5 > 8j.236b x5 > 236236d . 5339 .

Tsubaki , carl , valk : same combo but you need to delay the 5[c] a little .

Kagura : same combo but instead of 7j.236b x5 you do 8j.236b x5.

Noel : corner grab > j.236b> j.2d~b > 5[c] > 6c > 4d6~b> OD > 5b > 5a > 236c~b > 7.j236b x5 > 8j.236b x5 > 236236d .5224

Taokaka , kokonoe , platinum : corner grab > j.236b > j.2d~b > same combo . 5379 . Notice the j.236bX5 will have more hits vs tao .

Rachel : grab > j.236b > j.2d~b > 5[c] > 6c > 4d6~b > OD > 5c > 5d~a > same combo . 5350

Ragna : grab > late dash > 5b[1] / 5c > j.2d~> 5[c] > same combo . 5330

Arakune : same combo > OD > 5b5b> 236c~b > 7j.236b x5 > 8j.236b x5 > 236236d . 5264

Hakumen : grab > dash > j.4d~a > 5[c] > 6c > same combo .

Tager : grab > dash > j.4d~a > late 5[c]> 6c > 4d6~b > OD > 5b5b > 236c ~b > 7 j.236b x5 > 8 j.236b x5 > 236236d . 4899 . Notice when u do the 8.j236b x5 the clone will hit with the original tao simultaneously bcuz tager's hitbox so you should set the timing with the original hit .

BTW guys do you have any clue about this mid screen combo i started with the 6A ones i am doing this one 

AA 6A(2) -> JC -> j.B(2) -> j.2D~B -> (.. 5C -> JC -> j.D~B)x2 -> 5C -> JC -> j.B(2) -> j.D~A -> 5D~A [2267]

but between j.2D~B -> (.. 5C -> JC -> j.D~B)x2 i have a lot of problem to understand how i am suppose to do is there any video clips on this one or someone can explain this one please?

Hey guys.

I was wondering if the original combos are still valid.  I'm going to try to play tao.

I am looking at the simple ones in the first post and wondering if those are still the best to learn.

If anyone has any better ones that might work that would be great.

I'll keep practicing and watching videos.  Thanks!

Sooo.. just got back from Japan and getting wrecked in arcades. I left 2 days after 1.1 came out so I haven't had a chance to optimize. Aside from being completely outclassed as a player, it was hard to be relevant doing 2-2.5k off of jump normals and 1-1.5k on the ground midscreen when most players could turn midscreen neutral into 3-4k meterless. I remembered this guy doing 2.6k off of j.B so I just sat down with it...

This is 1.0. The routes are 1.1 compatible, but the damage shown in the video reflects 1.0 jump move proration. The j.B route he shows at 3:40 that does 2649 actually only does 2127. You're better off using the old 1.0 jc -> cat 2 -> j.D~A -> j.4D~A route, which does 2317.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JT8Tx93AFs&feature=youtu.be

what is this new combo ender at 08:00. looks like j1D

Trick edge. Tsujikawa, Matoi, et all used it pretty heavily before everyone left for Kokonoe.