Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSEX/CP] Taokaka Q&A

When I am going for AB2 I usually go for 5B 3C [2] xx AB2 xx normal jump back 236BBBBB. This works on all chars except Tager whom I usually super jump back and you have to delay the 236BBBBB. Vs Arakune you can do normal jump and delay your first 236BBBBB.

You jump cancel the last hit of 236BBBBB

I input it something like this:

5B 3C 236236B 5B 6C~7 (this is where you delay vs some chars) 236BBBBB j.9 236BBBBB j.8 236BBBBB

Afterwards if they tech down you can go for high low mixup and get 2 more reps if they eat the first hit. This is kinda uncommon though as most people will tech outwards (go for air throw or better spacing) or be ready to hit you on the way down and I haven't found a good way to convert 6A in AB2 into big damage. Maybe you guys know a way?

There is another different starter for AB2 which is when they start airborne and into 6C. For example:

Airthrow (your back against corner) --> 5D, J.5D~A, 6C x AB2 6C, super jump 7 236BBBBB etc...

^ This combo against Litchi you have to time your 6C so that she is lower to the ground and do normal jump 7, like the first combo.

I have never gotten 5B 3C AB2 5B 6C SJ.7 etc to work on anyone except Tager, is this supposed to work?

Is it possible to convert from say 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C? Maybe it's a timing thing but I haven't gotten this starter to work on anyone :\

E: Another unrelated question. Sometimes I see good Tao players use 236B in neutral game, sometimes just once, sometimes mashed. What does this cover that her normals doesn't?

Thank you XDest! and thank you Donkey!

As for question E, the wiki said something about altering Tao's landing slightly. It does noticeably slow her decent. (though personally I haven't used it in neutral)

@XDest I have a feeling that the only characters where a neutral super jump might be a problem would be the God that is Ragna and Arakune.

@Donkey 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C should work in the first 6C is wall bouncing. The only problem I can think you are having is that you are canceling into AB2 late.

Random J.236B in neutral is just random, nothing special besides it slightly changing where you land. I guess the best way to describe it would be one of those things you just do to try and be unpredictable.

Going to create a new thread for this nearer to BBCP's release, since this is mostly a CSEX thread at this point.

@Donkey 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C should work in the first 6C is wall bouncing. The only problem I can think you are having is that you are canceling into AB2 late.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Should the full combo then be

1) 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C sj.7 j.236BBBBB...

2) 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C j.7 j.236BBBBB...

Is this char specific?

:sweatdrop:

I'd rather fish for a CH j.C than use j.236B outside of combos.

Unless you are playing someone who actually mashes after teching an air purple throw than doing this is rather pointless. The best thing you can do is go for an air TRM and that is character specific/match up specific.

Going to create a new thread for this nearer to BBCP's release, since this is mostly a CSEX thread at this point.

PURGE!!!!

Thanks for the reply! :)

Should the full combo then be

1) 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C sj.7 j.236BBBBB...

2) 5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C j.7 j.236BBBBB...

Is this char specific?

:sweatdrop:

5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C (neutral jump/jump backwards for timing) 6C 6C sj.7 j.236bbbbbbbb

5B 5C 2C 6C AB2 6C (neutral jump/jump backwards for timing) 6C 6C sj.7 j.236bbbbbbbb

So many 6C? Feels like it would blue beat but I'll try as soon as I have time, thanks!

Unless you are playing someone who actually mashes after teching an air purple throw than doing this is rather pointless. The best thing you can do is go for an air TRM and that is character specific/match up specific.

Ah, sorry, I was referencing the person asking about j.236B in neutral, not my original query of using purple throw to end her combos.

When if ever should I be using 236C > 22C (1) etc? Is that something that should mainly be used on FC punishes?

Is there any way to bring taunt into combos, if just for style? Preferably more of a meter waster than a terrible combo. This is just for against friends.

I use 236C>22C(1) for when I'm going into AB2 at the end of combos or when I'm going to end the combo early for oki

I use 236C>22C(1) for when I'm going into AB2 at the end of combos or when I'm going to end the combo early for oki

Could you give an example of a full combo like this? I couldn't find any examples on the wiki and I can't remember seeing this.

Could you give an example of a full combo like this? I couldn't find any examples on the wiki and I can't remember seeing this.

6C (wall bounce), 236C, 22C,etc

I have never tested the damage on it though in comparison to the combo I do for oki.

6C (wall bounce), 236C, 22C,etc

I have never tested the damage on it though in comparison to the combo I do for oki.

What do you do?

6C>236C>22C>5D>j.D~A>6C>4D~A>6C>236C>[2]92D~B

So did anyone actually confirm whether or not j.b's hitbox changed? If so does (5b->5c->rising j.b->j.2b->stuff) now work on the whole cast?

also does anyone know if 5b->2c->[max charge]5c->rising j.b works?

and finally, thank you everyone! it was due to the input of the people here on this board that I was able to master Tao's AB2!

I am going to Japan in a few days and will try to spend at least some time with BBCP Tao in training mode. You guys want me to check something? I'll try to check the things Myoro asked about in case noone can answer the question before then.

I'm pretty sure j.2B was slowed down. When I see a Tao chain j.B into j.2B, it hits much closer to the floor (and doesn't combo). Also, I think you need to do uncharged 5C, since the longer hit animation makes characters shorter.

I'm pretty sure j.2B was slowed down. When I see a Tao chain j.B into j.2B, it hits much closer to the floor. Also, I think you need to do uncharged 5C, since the longer hit animation makes characters shorter.

Correction it makes shit for brains characters like Ragna cock their head way back to avoid damage.

Well ragoo-teh-Bloodsauce already dips back too low for the rising j.b to hit, but a little delay solves that right up. won't a somewhat longer delay make j.b connect after a max charge 5C? also does that mean larger characters like Haku or Tager will fall prey to Max Charge 5C-> j.B?

Well ragoo-teh-Bloodsauce already dips back too low for the rising j.b to hit, but a little delay solves that right up. won't a somewhat longer delay make j.b connect after a max charge 5C? also does that mean larger characters like Haku or Tager will fall prey to Max Charge 5C-> j.B?

New jump loop is j.B(1)>delay j.A>j.B/j.C. I think it works on everyone it worked on in EX, but I'm not sure. I see less players do it and just go for the corner carry with 5c>6C.

Might work on more people if the j.B hitbox really is bigger. The fall speed is also faster, so that's probably why j.B -> j.2B -> j.C will no longer work.