Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akira-Shiro

[CP] Carl Clover Gameplay Discussion (Changelog in OP)

It seems like the Carl's have mainly been experimenting with his new combo game. I've seen quite a few take advantage of 2C and allegretto with the new wall bounces.

Everyone is still playing his neutral game pretty much the same hahaha. Strange I thought for sure having tenerazza would make people stop throwing out so many fuocos and start using that as their main poke. Who knows, only time will tell.

Because with fuuoco you can advance and block incoming attacks like proyectiles. Tenerazza is like a 6]D[, is really good but only work if you pin the opponent. Even if they take advantage of 2C, it will not wort much because of the proration. I loved that you could combo 4]D[ with 6C full charge, this look that it could lead to dmg combos.

Quick question? in CP nirvana gauge is longer than cs2 ver?

Quick question? in CP nirvana gauge is longer than cs2 ver?

My impression was that it was a shorter gauge, but it recharged faster? Or at least, it started to recharge faster.

I haven't seen any Anima stuff at all actually. I thought now that it was a legit command grab, that I'd see really cool setups with it. I'm pretty sure I've been saying all along that I wanted it to be a real command grab and here it is, but no one wants to use it lol.

I feel like any setups are just gonna get mashed out of. Actually, does Anima come out faster now or what? How useful is Anima to you guys right now in CSE? I hardly ever use it. I don't think that'll change in CP unless I see something amazing.

It's not a legit command grab, it can be blocked :p

I think it also was reported to have not so awesome peroration values?

The gauge in CP is designed so that Ada drains slow (CS2 speeds) if she is attacking. However if she is hit, it takes her Hp down by alot. That way we still get to do long combos but making Ada useless as a meat shield.

It's not a legit command grab, it can be blocked :p

I think it also was reported to have not so awesome peroration values?

Ah man, my dreams! D: Guess I won't be using it at all lol.

Ada being a useless meatshield is awful news to me. She DOES recover faster at least, right? Also, if you OD while she's broken, does that speed up recovery? I saw a Carl do that and it looked like it might be going faster to me.

nah, that' just start up activation of nirvana. That can happen with any move, but really is near impossible to use in a realistic situation.

Oh yeah, Mu... forgot about her >_>

Well we can only hope her zoning was nerfed a bit. If not, then hopefully her damage isn't so huge.

It seems that La Tenerezza's vacuum effect allows for corner cross-ups. Although this may seem like a day one gimmick due to how telegraphed La Tenerezza is, I can see A LOT of potential corner mixups from this; jump then AD backwards for a fake-crossup, actual crossup, crossup lows, empty jump into throw, etc. I have a feeling that I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this Carl :3

Wow, Dio vs the world. I forgot how fun carl could be to watch when they aren't doing 3D loop over and over. That's the most fun i've had watching carl since CS1. I hope more carls play loopless cause that was wonderful.

Tenrezza is shaping up exactly how i thought it would be. Tenrezza blows up tech rolling. It's fast and pulls your opponent close. Seems to be better at poking than 6D. Range is ridunculous. We can nirvana combo from solo carl hitconfirms due to tenrezza as well. Right now it seems to be better than most of nirvana's moves. I wonder what the P1 and P2 for it are.

Scratch what I said about subbing him. Thank you Dio for reminding me why I played carl in the first place.

Indeed the corner crossups are projected to be a very powerful tool for us in the future... However id alter everyone's attention to the jump cancel on 5c. Its turing out to be very usefull.. since carl never really had a OS mash bait that didnt end in him losing pressure. This is turning out to be even better then I originally thought. His damage is ~4k from random get-in's 5k from croussups and 4.5k from our UB... this is looking very good.

I just like how intimidating 5C is now. Before if we used that, people would try to poke a hole there, even with the threat of cantabile. now that it's jump cancellable, most opponents just sit there waiting for the cross up.

Edit: just gonna leave this here and ask a question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jn3GHBbAB0&list=UU1cefQMPUW2NSmtYdeYTKYw&index=10

in other carl vids, I've seen make ridiculous jump arcs. I've been away for awhile. What is this and how do you do it? I think I heard something about it being called rocket jump or something...heh...TF2 references. kinda like what happens a lot in this vid of ryuusei.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aRhPVqq3RI&feature=youtu.be

in other carl vids, I've seen make ridiculous jump arcs. I've been away for awhile. What is this and how do you do it? I think I heard something about it being called rocket jump or something...heh...TF2 references. kinda like what happens a lot in this vid of ryuusei.

Timestamp please? I don't notice anything, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

That reminds me how much I miss having j.2C kara throw airdashes.

Am I the only one who's glad that those are gone? They were good, but it was just...dumb.

^^ I'm not really "glad" that the kara-glide's gone since I really loved that thing but I do think that its removal is justified.

I just like how intimidating 5C is now. Before if we used that, people would try to poke a hole there, even with the threat of cantabile. now that it's jump cancellable, most opponents just sit there waiting for the cross up.

Edit: just gonna leave this here and ask a question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jn3GHBbAB0&list=UU1cefQMPUW2NSmtYdeYTKYw&index=10

In BBCP (and CSEX), Carl can cancel the first few frames of his dash with an attack, barrier guard or a jump. If you cancel the dash with a jump/super jump, the dash's momentum transfers to his jump, resulting in those boosted jumps.

The command is 66~7 or 66~27 for the super jump.

It's been a long time since I've played BlazBlue seriously, infact, it's BBCS before the big updates and ect was the last time I played it seriously. How much has Carl changed from CS to CP?

I feel like coming back to the series as it looks like it'll finally have a strong showing (and the gameplay looks pretty great).

I said the same thing,, nothing against Dio and Ryuusei but they just not cutting it.. I havent seen one proper combo off 4D crossup. An they seem to refuse to use allegreto in their combos its rather disappointing.

It's been a long time since I've played BlazBlue seriously, infact, it's BBCS before the big updates and ect was the last time I played it seriously. How much has Carl changed from CS to CP?

I feel like coming back to the series as it looks like it'll finally have a strong showing (and the gameplay looks pretty great).

Carl is looking surprisingly strong in the next installment of the game. Ada has a fast long reaching poke that pulls opponents closer on hit, making it a bit harder to space and zone Carl out. His unblockable loop was removed. Although it can still be done, it cannot be looped. His damage output is about the exact same which is saying something since everyone in CP is dealing a lot less damage overall. His 5b is no longer jump cancellable on block, but his 5c is so it makes up for it. This gives Carl a long reaching poke that he can ju,p cancel on block. Other then that hes still same old Carl, an there are the system changes that need to be accounted for

Dio doesn't often go for max damage combos; he usually confirms his hits into somewhat basic combos. In the end, he's still winning matches because he's doing everything else right.

With that said, I'm also wondering about the max damage from a 4D starter. There might be been some hidden change in 4D's P1 but then again, I also share the same feeling that 4D can probably lead into more than 3k.

Okay, In their defense, I'm still thinking that 4D is going to slap them across the screen, and when I see the opponent float upwards, I imagine myself vivacing away, which is what is happening to them during their 4D cross ups. I think they're still getting used to that change.

Also, give me a combo that they could really go for after the new 4D change

I saw somebody try to use a 6C ground bounce after 4D but it didn't work. The longest "practical" combos I've seen were the ones that ryussei used where he used Carl's Crush Trigger.