Sign in to follow this  
PANDEMlC

Any trap(game mechanic wise) characters in BB?

Looking for someone similar to Naoto, Venom or Testament in BB to get me interested. Not too aware of the newer characters added after CT so if anyone knows of a trap character or someone close that'd be pretty swell... pretty swell indeed.

I'd say I'm not the most qualified person. But I'd say look at Arakune, Carl, and Rachel. Lambda if you want to zone. Perhaps maybe Mu also but I'm not too sure about that.

Hmmm, I never really liked Rachel too much but I guess she does have some traps she throws on screen. I still have CS so I guess I'll mess around with her in that. Most of the BB cast bores the hell out of me when I look at their tools and mechanics. I'll keep an open mind though.

Definitely Mu. None of her moves are 'automatic' traps, but her drive can be used to lock opponents down, or do big damage depending on how you use it.

Wouldn't the correct term be "setup oriented characters"? And yea Arakune, Carl, Rachel, and Mu-12 are the names that come up at the top of my head.

*this .. although mu-12 propensity for trapping weak players is high -- thus the hate~

The best words I can use to describe my ideal play style for mu12 is "suppression-Type"

Mu is more of a lockdown character isn't she.

I picture her the same way, who needs steins when half the cast wishes to have normals like hers.

Mu looks interesting, forgot she exists cause you have to unlock her in CS. Not sure how those orbs she drops on screen work but I like putting shit on the screen and having it affect people for extended periods of time or create obstacle courses for people so I'll have to look into her.

I agree with nemisis on this one,, i wouldnt call Mu-12 a trap character, neither carl nor Ara have the style of traps you are looking for. The closes thing BB has to a trap character is Rachel and now Platinum in Chrono Phantasma. Unfortunately no character atm has an item/object they can place down and it detonates automatically. Sounds completely broken,, if it were in BB anyway Plat looks so S-tier cause of that one move.

You can't even cut that shit. I saw a Haku stand there trying to 3C it like 10 times before it blew up in his face.

Well it depends what you mean by "trap" are you talking literal zones that have hitboxes or do you mean just like a "setup" character? For the former, Rachel is probably the best match. Arakune really doesn't strike me much as a trap character honestly. If you want my biased, honest opinion I think Arakune should've been put in Gradius instead of BlazBlue (he was the reason I took notice of BlazBlue in the first place, he let me down in every way!). Platinum has items true but none of them are persisting-zones like Rachel's rods/frog.

Nerd rage ahead:

And I will never forgive mu-12 for having moves that auto-aim themselves, as well as having the most laughably bad character design I've ever seen. So if there's anything I can do to persuade you to not play her, let me know (hence my signature!)

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

I feel like if Mu were as broken as the complainers say, we'd see more of her. She's more fun to use than anybody else, so I use her.

Well it depends what you mean by "trap" are you talking literal zones that have hitboxes or do you mean just like a "setup" character? For the former, Rachel is probably the best match. Arakune really doesn't strike me much as a trap character honestly. If you want my biased, honest opinion I think Arakune should've been put in Gradius instead of BlazBlue (he was the reason I took notice of BlazBlue in the first place, he let me down in every way!). Platinum has items true but none of them are persisting-zones like Rachel's rods/frog.

Nerd rage ahead:

And I will never forgive mu-12 for having moves that auto-aim themselves, as well as having the most laughably bad character design I've ever seen. So if there's anything I can do to persuade you to not play her, let me know (hence my signature!)

Well the best examples of characters I'm thinking of when I say trap are Cyrax from MK9, Naoto from Persona and Testament and Venom from Guilty Gear. They have a mixture of zoning and rushdown. They set up traps and use those to start pressure, mixups, put up more traps, zone, create space, etc. Out of these Venom is really the only one who doesn't have anything that stays out for too long. Other than that ball super and the ex black pool balls that hit several times and the ones you can bounce off the ceiling once or twice. I've only really played Naoto and Cyrax though. Cyrax had command grabs, bombs he could set in three spots on the screen, a net he could catch jumpers with and massive damage off any net. I love Naoto even though people say she's a weak trap character because she has traps that she can leave in the air or on the ground and send out her persona to lock down someone and shoot her gun in 3 different angles to also zone but at the same time she has some fun unique rushdown and high damage with meter. Same as Cyrax. Testament is very similar to Naoto, much better from what I hear but I hate his character design both appearance wise and his weapon.

- I'll probably learn Tager(grappler, learned him in CT), Hazama(looks cool, like his movement) and a trap character. I don't really like the appearance of Mu or Rachel but they do have things I like in terms of the stuff they put on screen. Rachel always kinda intimidated me with her wind mechanic when I was much worse at fighting games but I think I could manage it now. Arakune doesn't interest me much at all but I like the smog and bugs, pretty much any sort of projectile that persists on the screen for a longer period of time is important but outside of that I don't have too much interest in him.

- Also, if they have a non obnoxious purple color that helps too. :D

Edited by PANDEMlC

Hazama can be a really fun character, and Tager can be both really fun and immensely frustrating. People seem to hate Tager's guts the most, too, I've noticed, which strikes me as rather odd. I've never seen any "no x-character" lobbies in all my BB gameplay EXCEPT for "no tager"