Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

its all Yandere madness again apparently (vs rags anyways)

The best was when she did an air throw against Ragna. She would say "Dodge it!" in such a cute manner. Also, not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I have a feeling that Nu will die again. Call it a hunch :(

I was looking at the Nu footage and noticed that her sickle storm in Nu mode has pretty far knockback. I'm curious if it can be followed up with 4DD or some special cancel. Looks cool. I'm liking the variety of this new Nu now.

edit: I wonder if that upper swing kick she did here is some form of DP, or is it a new anti-air. Looks kind of out of place.

edit: It looks like her OD lasts at least 13-15 seconds at full life. Not sure if that's really good compared to other characters or not. Then again, I was never especially fond of Unlimited Nu's drives lol.

edit: I didn't notice this the first time, but it looks like Nu passively gains meter. Not sure if the Nu in that video is Unlimited or something crazy though.

Regular Nu's 236D looks like it would be our new 236B.

The kick is her new move. It was said to be an AA.

And I saw earlier that the AI did her mode shift right after landing 236C. I wonder if we can shift cancel our special moves.

I think her 4B looks like CS1 now.

I highly doubt we'd be able to cancel our specials into her mode change, but that'd be pretty nice. It's actually a pretty fast change as well.

I was looking at the Nu footage and noticed that her sickle storm in Nu mode has pretty far knockback. I'm curious if it can be followed up with 4DD or some special cancel. Looks cool. I'm liking the variety of this new Nu now.

edit: I wonder if that upper swing kick she did here is some form of DP, or is it a new anti-air. Looks kind of out of place.

edit: It looks like her OD lasts at least 13-15 seconds at full life. Not sure if that's really good compared to other characters or not. Then again, I was never especially fond of Unlimited Nu's drives lol.

edit: I didn't notice this the first time, but it looks like Nu passively gains meter. Not sure if the Nu in that video is Unlimited or something crazy though.

The OD lasting for 15 seconds and auto bar gain is just boss status, I assume. Most full life OD last 4 seconds.

I saw (La)236C>wallbound>change>(Nu)5B combo correctly, but the 6A right after blue beated.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

(La)Cavalier>wallbound>change>(Nu)Supra>etc

(La)Sickle>change>(Nu)Chaser>change>(La)Cavalier>wallbound>change>(Nu)Supra>etc

Maybe her Crush Trigger will be used in combos too.

The OD lasting for 15 seconds and auto bar gain is just boss status, I assume. Most full life OD last 4 seconds.

I saw (La)236C>wallbound>change>(Nu)5B combo correctly, but the 6A right after blue beated.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

(La)Cavalier>wallbound>change>(Nu)Supra>etc

(La)Sickle>change>(Nu)Chaser>change>(La)Cavalier>wallbound>change>(Nu)Supra>etc

Maybe her Crush Trigger will be used in combos too.

Yeah, I watched some arcade mode stream and saw that she was boss status compared to the other characters. I suppose that auto-regen meter was the same as well. I just didn't think she was unlimited because I didn't see the dual swords whenever she used drive.

Either way, it looks like we'll have to wait a week until we see some legit play. I hope some of the top Lambda users come out to play her day one, we'll get some interesting footage there.

I haven't played BB in awhile, so I'll probably do so in order at least in order to remember some of the harder combos. It will be interesting to see if Nu Supra can follow up into something like 2DD > 6DD > crescent saber. It raises the opponent quite high so it could be a worthy combo extender. It might be a replacement for 236C during a combo, if you're in Nu mode but still want to do sizable damage.

Though I think my main question for now is rather 5C[8] will be optimal or 5C[1] for combos. I kinda miss just using all the 5C hits. Oh and also, what her FCs are, that would be good to know.

One thing that I'm wondering is if 3C floats the opponent now does that mean we won't need Gravity Seed for powerful combos and corner carry? [assuming the proprieties on Gravity Seed are the same as they are in EX].

Also did anyone see any footage of Nu using a fully charged Spike Chaser?

One thing that I'm wondering is if 3C floats the opponent now does that mean we won't need Gravity Seed for powerful combos and corner carry? [assuming the proprieties on Gravity Seed are the same as they are in EX].

Also did anyone see any footage of Nu using a fully charged Spike Chaser?

If 3C floats it could also be possible for her supra kick thing to hit or if she's in Lambda mode, 236C might connect leading into pretty decent damage. It's speculation though haha. And perhaps something fun I've been thinking about.

we wont see any good nu anything till the 28th (right?)

Yeah. I did get to see Mu arcade mode last night in that stream. Mu looks pretty beast now. I like her OD. And she has some new kinda kick move like Nu, couldn't tell really. I hope the Nu footage gets uploaded quick to youtube though, I'll need to make a playlist for it like I did for Mitsuru.

If 3C floats it could also be possible for her supra kick thing to hit or if she's in Lambda mode, 236C might connect leading into pretty decent damage.

[λ]3C doesn't float on hit so that won't work. We'd probably go straight underneath our opponent if it did anyway. It's more likely that [v]3C > Phase Lift > Stuff will be how we use that, but we'll see in a few days time, I suppose.

[λ]3C doesn't float on hit so that won't work. We'd probably go straight underneath our opponent if it did anyway. It's more likely that [v]3C > Phase Lift > Stuff will be how we use that, but we'll see in a few days time, I suppose.

A wild HexaNoid appears!

Anyways, the only footage I've seen was that vid of Nu arcade and bits of her on a stream, which was also arcade. The start-up on phase shift seems pretty quick, so she can probably do something like 5DD > 236B > phase shift > sickle storm D~C. Remember that one hits from behind and it hits low from what I remember. Seems like a tricky set-up if you have meter and can pick them up with 5DD or something.

I wonder if it's okay to talk about things I have no concrete evidence about.

I wonder if it's okay to talk about things I have no concrete evidence about.

It's not. Expect a swift infraction once I finish typing out this post~

The start-up on phase shift seems pretty quick, so she can probably do something like 5DD > 236B > phase shift > sickle storm D~C. Remember that one hits from behind and it hits low from what I remember. Seems like a tricky set-up if you have meter and can pick them up with 5DD or something.

That would be pretty cool if it worked, but I imagine there wouldn't be enough untech time on 236B for that to work. Gotta remember that no-one was there to tech out in that video, so 236B might not keep our opponents grounded long enough to work. Plus, we'd end up having to go straight into a standard drive combo instead of trickier Lambda stuff if we switch modes for that, so it's probably not worth it unless we can find a way to shift back again mid-combo (which would be all kinds of hype, by the way).

phase shift

That is a book, not an attack. The move is フェイス リフト, Face Lift, maybe even Face Rift, if they wanted to go straight cray, Faith Lift, but not Phase Shift.

That just seems weird to me. Phase shift just sounds much more appropriate, since that's actually what happens. But if it's Face Life, or Rift Face, I'll still probably end up calling it phase shift cuz it sounds cooler.

Well don't. Putting the name of the BlazBlue novels in the middle of a combo is awkward and more importantly dumb. If people just started calling moves by whatever sounded coolest, we'd have notations like "5C > super wing attack > torpedo blast > 5C > USS Enterprise crash"

Dude, everyone knows 5C hasn't combo'd into USS Enterprise Crash since CS1. :kitty:

That said, pointless discussions about move names can go elsewhere. Until we get official English translations, you can call Nu's moves whatever you want as long as everyone knows what you're talking about.

[v]236D is a low if it's kept it's CT properties. We don't have any information on her Supra Rage yet though.