Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP](Pre-Release) ν-13 Gameplay Discussion

Things.

Why are there matchup overviews made before people here have even played the game yet?

I mean, theoryfighting is fine, but I don't see how you could get an accurate representation of a matchup within a game you haven't played.

It was theory fighting and wasn't meant to be completely accurate since that isn't possible at this time. However, there is no problem with people putting out their feelings about how a match-up would before we get the game as long as everyone is civil and don't try to pass off their initial feelings as absolute fact.

When the game actually comes out, real match-up overviews will be made in their respective threads.

It looks like Naga qualified at this qualifier.

Sadness at the apparent lack of Protos.

That's not an Area Final, unfortunately. Naga did get a Silver Ticket, but wasn't able to win an Area Final for a Gold Ticket.

Protos did win a Silver Ticket in one of the earlier qualifiers, but also wasn't able to win an Area Final for a Gold Ticket.

Why are there matchup overviews made before people here have even played the game yet?

I mean, theoryfighting is fine, but I don't see how you could get an accurate representation of a matchup within a game you haven't played.

Getting a fairly accurate overview of a matchup, even without having played it yourself, is definitely possible - especially for some of the more straightforward match-ups. Even in the worst-case scenario (which I don't think this is), it's better than nothing.

With that being said, I don't want discussions like these to be lost with time, since (for example) I've already mentioned which Nu's have won Silver and Gold Tickets a few pages back.

I was thinking of creating a General Match-up thread, somewhat similar to what we had in CS2. Of course, I'm not going to put any match-up numbers in there, since that doesn't really help us right now. The thread would allow us to generally discuss match-ups in one place, it'd help with the match-up transition from CSE to CP, and it'd hopefully spur some more activity and discussion. It'd just start off with my basic thoughts on some of the match-ups, and we can go from there.

Anyone know if there are any translations of Nu's arcade victory quotes online somewhere? I'm curious if she actually got any new distinct interactions with some of the other characters, like when she beats Bang it kinda sounds like she's saying "I'm not Lambda" or something. (My understanding of Japanese is pretty bad, heh)

Anyone know if there are any translations of Nu's arcade victory quotes online somewhere? I'm curious if she actually got any new distinct interactions with some of the other characters, like when she beats Bang it kinda sounds like she's saying "I'm not Lambda" or something. (My understanding of Japanese is pretty bad, heh)

Someone posted a rough translation of her arcade lines in the CP story thread.

here one more

Noel and Litchi http://www.pastebin.ca/raw/2366220

Amane and Bullet http://www.pastebin.ca/raw/2366234

Nu-13 http://www.pastebin.ca/raw/2366625

it seems that Nu was reprogrammed to kill Mu and seize the True Azure from her by absorbing her

It was theory fighting and wasn't meant to be completely accurate since that isn't possible at this time. However, there is no problem with people putting out their feelings about how a match-up would before we get the game as long as everyone is civil and don't try to pass off their initial feelings as absolute fact.

When the game actually comes out, real match-up overviews will be made in their respective threads.

Eh, that's fine I guess.

They're just small analysis on our match ups against each of the new characters that I came up with based off what I've seen in videos and read in other threads/heard from others on here. So of course they're meant to be taken with a grain of salt until we actually get our hands on the game. ^^

As a side note, how is my analysis of our match up against Izayoi? I've been waiting to see what everyone thinks of it and if there's anything that may require correction.

As you all may have guessed from my lack of posts, I didn't have access to the internet these past 10 days or so - since the only options I had were really expensive.

I'm home now and finally have access to the internet again, but I'm sad to say that I'm going to be less active on the forums.

To be honest, I was a bit shocked that there were no new posts or updates since I left... I trust that others will be able to step up and perhaps take a more active role in my absence.

You can handle it. I HAVE FAITH

Probably just updating match vids and stuff.

Can't really post anything if there is no gameplay of Nu for a week... I'm exaggerating a little bit but it's true. And most of the Nu players get their ass destroyed by making stupid mistakes like trying to Dia Gravity a Tager who just Gadget Fingered them...

It would be nice if jC had more use as a crossover. jB > jC crossovers are cool but the timing and damage make it impractical.. Raw jC crossover is nice for 236D oki, assuming the opponent isn't changing up their blocking style to mess with the timing.

As a side note, how is my analysis of our match up against Izayoi? I've been waiting to see what everyone thinks of it and if there's anything that may require correction.

Missed this before. I honestly can't say since I have only seen two matches of Nu vs Izayoi.

Everyone does :(

I can link the vids in the thread if this is ok with everyone, took the liberty to do so since no one uploaded the latest ones (no kohatsu since 23 of april) but i dunno dare to comment since well im a scrub :D

Apologies if it was a mistake.

Is it just me or are most Nu players really bad? I rarely see them zone/run away properly because they rarely use jump-cancel 5D or any of the dash parsers.

They play Nu like she's Lambda from CSE, and when she's in Dia form it's like "how do I play this character?"

That's likely due to the fact that most players (Even the pros) are still learning Nu, since she's almost an entirely new character in the sense that her playstyle is now split between two forms. Also, from what I've seen and heard, Act Parcer isn't quite as good as it was in CT, however, I do agree with you that it should be used a bit more often, and that it's not being used to its full potential.

I really have no idea as why no one is taking advantage of jump-cancel 5D (Which is a Godsend for Nu IMHO. XD), it might be due to it only being jump-cancelable on the first hit, or mayhaps it's just not that reliable.

In regards to your comment on Dia Forma, I honestly think that it's because most of the people playing Nu right now are still used to using Lambda. I think we can all agree that Lambda was clearly more close-ranged than Nu ever was, so 'til take time before everyone gets the hang of her.