Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CP] v-13 Video Thread

Central Hachiouji

Protos (Gentarou) vs Satsuno (Taokaka)

(corner) (Dia) 236D > RC > Dashing 4B works. It'd be interesting to see what could be done off of it.

- - - - -

Kohatsu

Aruba (Gomikuzu) vs Kikuchiyo (Litchi)

(midscreen) (Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > 2DD > 22A > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236A

At far distances, 3C > 236D can be difficult to connect. Usually, you need to delay the 236D. At farther distances, it's not possible to combo the 236D when you delay it. It'd probably combo in those cases if you did 236D without a delay. Or you can just not follow-up 3C, or do something safe like 3C > 22A instead.

- - - - -

Arc Revo Qualifier

I'm not really sure who the Carl is.

Protos (Gentarou) vs Carl

(midscreen) (Luna) 2B > 6B > 5C > 236B > RC > 236D > Dashing 4B

- I think he was going to do 2DD > CT after.

Pretty interesting to catch Carl's backdash with TK feint > j.66 > j.B > j.A > Dashing 2A. Not new, but still noteworthy.

Interestingly, (Luna) 214D can catch back rolls if 3C > 236D isn't teched in the corner.

I don't know why Air Throw > 6D whiffed. I assume he just mistimed, but maybe he had to do a Dashing 6D instead...

- - - - -

Tachikawa 3 on 3

Protos (Gentarou) vs Hikaru (Hakumen)

That Yukikaze was pretty scary. I think he could've jump cancelled his 5D there, but it was a bit unexpected...

He has a lot of nice set-ups. This time he did (corner) X > 623C > 22A > TK feint > j.44 > (Dashing) 4DD > 236D > RC > Dashing 4B. He's done things like this a lot in the past, but this time it was a bit more fancy.

(corner) (Dia) 4B > 2DD > CT > Dashing 236D > 22A > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236D > 236C > 5C > 2C > 623C

(midscreen) (Dia) 214D(~C) > 6DD > 2DD > 22A > (6DD attempted)

- X > 2DD > 22A > 2DD works, so I don't see why 6DD wouldn't work either. He was delaying the initial Drives a little bit to get the proper height. Hakumen's air hitbox is pretty good, so I think he could've done X > 2DD > 22A > 2DD > 4B > etc. 214D's probably a really good starter, so he could've done whatever he wanted after.

He used j.2DD > j.214D~C > j.D as a zoning tool quite a bit.

Pretty much perfect play from Protos in the last round IMO.

Protos (Gentarou) vs Goro (Makoto)

(midscreen) (Dia) 2B > 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > (Dashing 6D whiff)

- I guess this was some combination of Dashing 623C and a Dashing 2D. IIRC, near the beginning of CP, some people on the JBBS were talking about how you could use 623C as a tool to switch sides mid-combo. If that's true, that might help explain why (I think) he was considering doing a Dashing 623C there.

Tachikawa Arc Revo Qualifier

Kuresu (Tsubaki) vs Yoshiki (Nao-san Aishiteru)

- - - - -

Amipara Arc Revo Qualifier

Nu vs Litchi

Mikami (Relius) vs Nu

- - - - -

Central Hachiouji Fixed 3 on 3

Protos was very good about his use of j.B here.

Momoiro (Rachel) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(midscreen) (Dia) 214D > 6DD > 2DD > 22A > 3C > 214A > Dashing 6A > 4B > Dashing 623C > 6B > (2C attempted > air DD ender or TK)

- This is an example of a 4B > Dashing 623C combo where you switch sides after the 623C. Apparently, 3C also can connect after these types of combo's.

- For this to have worked, 6B needed a delay. Or he maybe could've 3C, 6A, or 2C. Maybe 623C needed to be delayed for a lower height? (6B) > 632146D probably would have KO'ed the Rachel there.

nao (Valkenhayn) vs Protos (Gentarou)

Kotsubu (Mu) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(midscreen) (Dia) 6DD > 2DD > 4DD > 22A > 2DD > 4B > Dashing 2DD > 623C > (Dashing) 236D

- That's more like it. Protos always has had very good air pick-ups, so I was wondering where they were in these matches.

Kuresu (Tsubaki) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(midscreen) (Luna) 5DD > 236B > RC > Dashing 2B > 6B > 5C > 2C > 3C > 236D

- I think he should've done 5DD > 236B > RC > 236D or Dashing 4B. I guess it was a bit too tough to properly hitconfirm there.

We can use 214B/C against Tsubaki at midscreen or greater after she does her new Super, and still have time to block.

Serizawa (Mu) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(midscreen) (Dia) 6A AA > TK > RC > Dashing 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > Dashing 2DD > 623C

BARELL (Tager) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(in corner) (Dia) 2B > 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > Dashing 2DD > CT > 236C > Dashing 5C > 2C > 623C > 3C > 214A

- Similar to 2DD > 214A switching which side the opponent was on in CS2/CSE, it looks like Nu can now do the same with her CT. I think it's because 2DD gives her a low profile and draws the opponent in, which can help them switch sides when the opponent is hit with a close 2DD. It can also be done with 623C, but I'm not sure if it can still be done with 214A/B/C.

That was pretty smart of Protos to do 236236D when his back was against the corner. Tager either had to Sledge or block, and if he does Sledge, then Nu can escape like Protos did there.

6C is better in this match-up now.

Jiro (Amane) vs Protos (Gentarou)

It's deadly to get caught against Amane, no matter what mode you're in. His pressure is also pretty good. I'd have to guess that his normals are faster than Nu's as well.

Protos was at 18th Dan for a really long time, but he's dropped to 16th now. Naga and Yoshiki were both stuck at 14th Dan, but Yoshiki finally reached 15th. Tsukasa seems to have been inactive for some time.

- - - - -

Atsugi, Kanagawa Leisureland Arc Revo Qualifier

I think this was an area final.

Dora vs Yoshiki (Nao-san Aishiteru)

Yoshiki did a lot better against Dora than he usually does, but this is only just 1 match...

- - - - -

Athena Nihonbashi

I'm not sure if Aruba has "dropped" Nu. I know Aruba plays a lot of other characters, but Nu is supposed to be his main.

Aruba (Gomikuzu) vs Rajio (Bang)

- - - - -

Tachikawa Intrasquad

Serizawa (Mu) vs Nu

Serizawa (Mu) vs Nu

Carl vs Nu

- - - - -

Amipara Casuals

The red Nu, Gekkou, really likes doing j.2C > j.214D~C > j.B. Gekkou's pretty good. With time, he could end up being a top Nu player.

Bullet vs Gekkou (Nu)

Ragna vs Gekkou (Nu)

It looks like (Luna) 236D is faster.

Bullet vs Gekkou (Nu)

Bullet vs Nu

I saw it mentioned by some Japanese players a few days ago, as well. You can see near the end of the first round that 632146D doesn't have a minimum damage of 600. ~2619 > 3065. The minimum is apparently still 400 (very bad). It's not that important, since 632146D has never been used that much mid-combo.

Using 236236D for timeouts can be worse in this game, since OverDrive freezes the timer.

(Dia) 5D can cancel out Bullet's projectile (even when she's in a Heat up state, if I'm not mistaken).

Bullet vs Nu

Bullet vs Geckou (Nu)

Aji vs Geckou (Nu)

Bullet vs Geckou (Nu)

- - - - -

Hyougo Koube

Naga vs Hakumen

Mizonokuchi Taito

Protos (Gentarou) vs tiku (Tager)

I really like that OD at the beginning for Tager. More than likely, he'll be able to gain it back near the end of the round. Nu doesn't really have a use for OD at the beginning of the round.

Protos (Gentarou) vs Ronitta (Jin)

In the first half of the first round, you can see how Protos was standing his ground by rarely backing away. When the fight is kept midscreen, Nu's options are safer. This is also probably why he opted for corner carry with (Dia) X > 3C > 22A > 6B > 5C > 6C > 236A.

I'm not sure why he ended up doing a Dashing CT. I guess he mistimed his Dashing Barrier?

Protos (Gentarou) vs Akiba Rika (Hakumen)

I think the 6DD > 2DD > RC at the end of the second round was supposed to be an OD cancel.

- - - - -

Kohatsu Random 2 on 2

I thought Aruba had a bit too many execution errors this time around.

Azrael vs Aruba (Gomikuzu)

Taokaka vs Aruba (Gomikuzu)

Yumekami (Platinum) vs Aruba (Gomikuzu)

Tachikawa Singles

Maman vs Nu

I don't agree with the mode change at the beginning of the round. Too risky IMO. It's like giving your opponent a free knockdown opportunity.

This match-up is a lot more interesting now. I think it's pretty much the only match-up where it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay in Luna mode the whole round, if you wanted to. Although it's a mirror, you have to be even more aware of your opponent's potentially different options because of her modes.

- - - - -

Game Chariot

Nu vs Taokaka

- - - - -

Central Hachiouji

Chibaken (Hakumen) vs Protos (Gentarou)

I thought it was funny that Protos was able to move Chibaken to the corner with just fullscreen zoning.

For roll-techs or any other situations where you 2B OTG the opponent:

(midscreen to corner) (Dia) 2B > 2C > j.C > j.2C > (Dashing) 2DD > CT > Dashing 3C > 22A > 6A > 6C > 236C

HARA (Ragna) vs Protos (Gentarou)

(midscreen to corner) (Dia) 214D > 6DD > 2DD > 4DD > 22A > 2DD > 4B > 2DD > CT > Dashing 6C > 236C > 623C

Blood Scythe is rarely punished. I guess it's not worth the risk?

(midscreen) (Dia) 214D > 6DD > 2DD > 4DD > 22A > 6DD > 2DD > 623C

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) 4DD > 236B > RC > Dashing 3C > 214B > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > CT > Dashing 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > (623C attempted)

(in corner) (Dia) j.B > Dashing 2A > 2B > 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > Dashing 2DD > CT > 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > 623C

- 25 Heat to put your opponent in the corner instead. I think it's useful to know.

(midscreen to corner) (Dia) Dashing 6B > 5C[8] > 3C > 22A > 6A > 4B > Dashing 2DD > 623C > 6DD > 2DD > 6C

- It only does 3K, but I guess it's alright since it doesn't use any Heat...

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > Dashing 2DD > 22A > 6A > 6C > 236C > 623C

(corner) (Luna) 214D > 5DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > 6A > TK > 6A > 5C > 623C

- A delayed Luna 214D after Luna 236D looks like it'll beat anything but a neutral tech.

(midscreen to corner) (Dia) j.B > Dashing 2B > 3C > 22A > 3C > 214B > Dashing 6B > 2C > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > 623C

HARA (Ragna) vs Nu

(midscreen) (Luna) Dashing 2B > 6B > 5C > 236B > 22A > 6DD > IAD j.B > j.C > Dashing 2B > 6B > 3C > 22A > 6A > 6C

HARA (Ragna) vs Nu

- - - - -

Kohatsu

Den (Bang) vs Tsukasa (Hagashi)

I'm not sure if this Bang is Den or Dennou, or someone else. Just going off of what I heard.

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) 4B > 2DD > CT > Dashing 236D > Dashing 6C > 236C > 22A > 5C > (236D attempted) > 22A > 6A > 623C?

- I don't think Tsukasa would try a combo that doesn't work, so I'm guessing he just delayed 236D for too long.

Tachikawa 3 on 3

Protos (Gentarou) vs Ryuusei (Jin)

Protos (Gentarou) vs Kawata (Hazama)

Protos (Gentarou) vs Takenokomori (Valkenhayn)

The Valkenhayn was able to mash out of a lot of Nu's mix-up, since her moves can be relatively slow.

- - - - -

Kohatsu Arc Revo Qualifier

Naga vs Macchi (Ragna)

Because of how quickly she regains her Gravity back in Dia, it's a lot better to just spam 214B, as opposed to potentially risking a whiff with 214C.

If your opponent blocks (Dia) 3C, I think it's better to delay your 236D or cancel into 22A.

Naga vs Azuo (Mu)

Kohatsu Arc Revo Qualifier

This is the qualifier that I mentioned earlier. In this qualifier, Naga is playing against relatively stronger players than he usually plays, but he managed to perform quite well. Naga's name is a shout-out to Tsukasa lol.

The last two matches are the same matches from the post above, but this time they're all from Kohatsu's channel.

Suzune (Mu) vs Naga

Naga vs Arakune

It was mentioned and confirmed a long time ago that (Dia) 3C > CT combo'ed, but this is the first time I've ever seen it used (strangely).

Naga vs Macchi (Ragna)

The end of the first round is why I don't recommend using (Dia) 236D relatively up close on block. I think it'd be better to at least delay it, or if not, cancel into 22A and try to scare the opponent to keep them blocking.

No matter what mode you're in, 6C is a lot better to use in a blockstring now.

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) 5DD > 236B > RC > Dashing 3C > 214B > 6DD > 2DD > 214D > Dashing 2DD > 6C > 236A

Naga vs Azuo (Mu)

The first hit can be pretty important in this match, especially since both characters have gotten better pick-ups. Mu's steins shoot lasers faster now. As Naga did a few times in this match, I don't think it's a bad idea to trade hits while Mu's lasers are active, since Nu has an advantage at neutral.

- - - - -

a-cho Arc Revo Qualifier (Exhibition Matches)

I think Yuuma's pick-ups could be stronger.

Galileo (Litchi) vs Yuuma

Yuuma vs Kazu (Tsubaki)

Matoi (Taokaka) vs Yuuma

- - - - -

a-cho Arc Revo Qualifier

Naga vs Macchi (Ragna)

Yuuma vs Azuo (Mu)

(corner) (Luna) X > 5C > 2C > 623C > 2DD > jump is an interesting set-up.

Yuuma vs Kinji (Taokaka)

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) Dashing 6B > 5C > 3C > 236B > RC > 5DD > 236C > 5C > 6C > 236D > Dashing 214D > 5C > 2C > 623C

- 5DD > 236C seems to be less strict with height spacing.

- Use this if you don't want to use 214B.

Yuuma vs Ea (Litchi)

Yuuma vs Mikan Yarou (Carl)

- - - - -

Mizonokuchi Taito 3 on 3

Maman vs Jin

Maman vs Bullet

Maman vs Azrael

Maman vs Ragna

Maman vs Jin

Maman vs Takenokomari (Valkenhayn)

Litchi vs Maman

Kohatsu

I think Yuuki mains Hazama now, but I guess he still plays Nu sometimes.

Bullet vs Yuuki

(corner) (Luna) 5DD > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 236D > 22A > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > 6C > 236C > 623C

Den (Bang) vs Yuuki

(midscreen) (Luna) Dashing 2B > 2C > 5C > 236B > 22A > 5DD > 4DD > 4B > 2DD > 6C > 214C

- - - - -

Central Hachiouji 2 on 2

Protos (Gentarou) vs Kuresu (Tsubaki)

(midscreen to corner) (Luna) 4B > 2DD > 214B > Dashing 6B > 2C > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > 623C

Protos (Gentarou) vs Momoiro (Rachel)

(midscreen) (Luna) 4DD > 236B > RC > 236D > Dashing 4B > Dashing 623C > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236A

- switches sides at 623C.

- - - - -

Athena Nihonbashi Arc Revo Qualifier

Naga's making fun of Tsukasa again lol.

Reiji vs Yumekami (Platinum)

This match-up seems a lot tougher, IMO. She has her new counter and Presents, and I think her Hammer can now Guard Crush.

Naga vs Nezu (Tsubaki)

Kinji (Taokaka) vs Naga

(in corner) (Luna) 2DD > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > 214D > 22A > Dashing 5A > 6A > j.C > j.2C > dj.C > dj.214D

- switches sides at 5A

- - - - -

Tachikawa 3 on 3

8C (Platinum) vs Yoshiki (Nao-san Aishiteru)

(midscreen) (Dia) 4B > 2DD > 22A > 6A > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > 214D > Dashing 6A > 623C

(corner) (Luna) X > 623C > 3C > ODc > 632146D

Matsu (Makoto) vs Yoshiki (Nao-san Aishiteru)

(Dia) X > 236D > 22A > 236A > 214D

(Dia) X > 236D > 22A > Dashing 214D

Hane (Litchi) vs Yoshiki (Nao-san Aishiteru)

(corner) (Luna) Air Throw > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > 214D > 22A > Dashing 6A > 6C > 22A

- switches sides at 6A.

(corner) (Luna) Throw > 236C > 22A > 5C > 236D > 22A > 6A > 6C > (236D attempted)

(corner) (Dia) far 236D > 22A > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > 214D > 6C > 236C > 5C > 2C > (623C attempted)

BBCP Kara D(Haku-men) vs ??? (Nu-13)

http://www.twitch.tv/akira_shiro/b/421420651

Link doesn't work anymore

Probably the same set of matches here - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21157917 but in better quality

P.S. WHYYyyyyy Nu's nickname is hidden under the black rectangle? :?::( He is very cool :yaaay:

up, according to Kara D's words, this Nu player is you. who is now at 7th place in Nu's PSR rankings

Another one, カラD (Hakumen) vs you.?(ν-13)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21199192

Nu-13 vs Rachel

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21047474

In the end of the video he demonstrates some 236B > RC > 236C combos with OD. And there is something like Q&A section?

P.S. update, seems that they discuss some combos there (in Q&A section)

seems that in combo j.214D>FL>6A>5C>6C you should delay 5С against some characters

after Dia 4B > CT works fine CT > OD > Cavalier; FL > 5DD > Cavalier in this case can combo only on Tager, Hakumen & Rachel

(Dia) 4B>2DD>CT>Dash>Sickle>FL>6A>5C>6C>Sickle>Cavalier>5C>2C>Supra deals nearly 4400

anti-air: 4В>Dash>2DD>CT; 2DD>Spike Chaser>FL>Dash>wheel; 4В>Dash>Supra

In combos Spike Chaser can easily be replaced by Calamity Blade

Notable Players
  • Protos
  • Yoshiki
  • Tsukasa
  • Gomikuzu

It is possible for you to list video by notable players too ? ^^;

In case if some players may want to study this character by looking at the player video one person by one person.

For example : Tsukasa 's video list: {box}

It is possible for you to list video by notable players too ? ^^;

In case if some players may want to study this character by looking at the player video one person by one person.

For example : Tsukasa 's video list: {box}

Sure thing. I'll try and have that done for tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFgjrzMLir4&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n3lbkX-LCaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aBQX8u7B4&feature=player_detailpage

Gentarou is rocking these matches. :cool:

Also, I noticed a few other Nu videos that have yet to be posted, that was some time ago though, so I'm not exactly sure which ones they were. :sweatdrop: