Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A.X.I.S.

[CP] Iron Tager Gameplay Discussion

As an animation aficionado i agree that the diagonal SB looks poorly done, but as manta said, i like that it doesn't give visual cues of what sb is being used until it has been launched.

edit

what is XYH?:?:

Voltic Charge. People call it "Cross Your Heart."

Ah, ninja'd. Kinda. I had the page up for a while and didn't refresh.

I know it has nothing to do with gameplay, but that diagonal Spark Bolt looks awful. They didn't even bother to draw like the 3 angled-back shot frames he needed. Ah well.

I wonder if 2C xx XYH, 5C works now.

I'd settle for 2C xx XYH 5B. I want 2C to be a major part of combos if it is losing all of the anti air property.

Tager received an enormous buff to his counter assault! It doesn't put your opponent in a techable knockdown state anymore, instead they're forced to pop up right beside you. It looks like it leaves you at a slight frame advantage, probably comparable to Gadget Finger. I think this is huge. For 50 heat, you can completely negate your opponent's pressure, shift the momentum in your favour and then make them guess. I can see this being enormously helpful in match ups where Tager gets rushed down. Thoughts?

Edit: I'm 99% sure that this post is 100% wrong. Sorry guys.

Tager received an enormous buff to his counter assault! It doesn't put your opponent in a techable knockdown state anymore, instead they're forced to pop up right beside you. It looks like it leaves you at a slight frame advantage, probably comparable to Gadget Finger. I think this is huge. For 50 heat, you can completely negate your opponent's pressure, shift the momentum in your favour and then make them guess. I can see this being enormously helpful in match ups where Tager gets rushed down. Thoughts?

Well, that certainly SOUNDS nice. Better than waiting for 100 meter to be able to rapid cancel a MTW.

Well, that certainly SOUNDS nice.
After watching that vid, to me this game sounds awful. :^P

Looks like Yumura was as surprised as we are that 6C doesn't ground bounce vs standing. Maybe 6C->2D? And low air j.D in corner gives enough time to connect 5D that late in the combo? That's nuts. Plus only one of those hits in the Overdrive 'combo' didn't actually work, which means we get quite a bit off 4D there.

After watching that vid, to me this game sounds awful. :^P

Looks like Yumura was as surprised as we are that 6C doesn't ground bounce vs standing. Maybe 6C->2D? And low air j.D in corner gives enough time to connect 5D that late in the combo? That's nuts. Plus only one of those hits in the Overdrive 'combo' didn't actually work, which means we get quite a bit off 4D there.

I read that 6C > 2D works, but it's better to do 6C xx A-Sledge because 6C forces crouch state so you can continue the combo further.

Also I'm glad to hear that you disapprove of the sound effects as much as I do :razz:

And low air j.D in corner gives enough time to connect 5D that late in the combo? That's nuts.

Welcome to the new combo system. There is no "that late in the combo" anymore, since the only thing that determines how long the combo can go is the first hit. Following hits don't do hitstun proration, so every hit always stuns as long as possible. They can tech once the "time limit" set by the first hit runs out, though.

Strange, but true. Before I was informed of this, I was kinda noticing a lot of things linking late in combos that seemed like they shouldn't, though I never completely put my finger on it. This explains it.

Can you explain that a bit better, or link somewhere it's laid out? What's the 'time limit'? There has to be proration of some kind per hit, otherwise infinites...?

Hmm. Makes me wonder if they finally fixed the 10 different same-move-proration moves in one combo bug then.

And somehow, makes me want to play the game less. :^P

Can you explain that a bit better, or link somewhere it's laid out? What's the 'time limit'? There has to be proration of some kind per hit, otherwise infinites...?

Hmm. Makes me wonder if they finally fixed the 10 different same-move-proration moves in one combo bug then.

And somehow, makes me want to play the game less. :^P

Here is the translated part of the Famitsu interview

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14675-BBCP-System-Changes-Movelist-Translations-and-Loketest-Information-Anything-Else-INFRACTION&p=1422937&viewfull=1#post1422937

Here is the full untranslated Article http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=44532

Also it appears they have finished Tagers CP Proration and Damage table since i first posted it earlier. Here it is translated in google. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fcominy%2F%3Fm%3Dpc%26a%3Dpage_fh_diary%26target_c_diary_id%3D44565

Seems they are only missing the proration values for A,B,C Buster and for Normal Throws

That...that's...retarded. Which I realize is not a slur I should ever use anywhere, but it PERFECTLY sums up my opinion. Jam as much damage as you can into an ACTUAL TIME LIMIT? Suddenly I have no desire to play the game at all.

Definitely a heavy-handed way to shorten the combos. It seems like some combos can still be stretched out though. Probably going to want to know the exact details, if they appear. I know Bullet H2 combos are rather long even with things like 5b starters so I have a feeling it isn't just a hard set limit.

That...that's...retarded. Which I realize is not a slur I should ever use anywhere, but it PERFECTLY sums up my opinion. Jam as much damage as you can into an ACTUAL TIME LIMIT? Suddenly I have no desire to play the game at all.

Geeze man, it's not that bad. It's not like combos weren't basically determined by the first hit anyway, before. Honestly I think this is better since you don't have to sit there and wonder whether or not two moves will link or not just because its later in the combo.

And it certainly prevents infinites and/or absurdly long combos.

I am pretty sure that there is more than just a timer on how this new combo system works

I am pretty sure that there is more than just a timer on how this new combo system works

Well, whatever happened, it certainly seems to often not require tight links late in combos. Yet the combos still end after not too long.

Maybe some attacks DO increase/decrease the total allotted combo time, even if they don't increase/decrease untech time.

Meanwhile: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14675-BBCP-System-Changes-Movelist-Translations-and-Loketest-Information-Anything-Else-INFRACTION&p=1423915&viewfull=1#post1423915

Jump in j5B/5C > grand punish makes grand punish crossup? maybe we can make it ambiguous...

4.5k damage off of a raw 2C with no meter or mag? Ouch.

6C fatal counters. 6A maybe fatal counters?

Weird stuff here.

Tager has such a long chant for 720 now. Doesn't even finish until after he lands them.

Here is part of it. I like it alot. I wonder what else he is saying.

The lines for GETB changed. He says something like "The gatekeepers of hell are waiting for you!" (I forget the rest)

I liked his CT voice set best. Maybe CP's will be as good.

Yeah me too. He kinda dialed it back in CS, which was unsatisfying.

If he's saying crazy shit about sending people to hell though, I think I'll be satisfied. Between that shit and his new theme I get this feeling that Tager has entered srs bsns mode.

Which is kinda weird considering the fact that last we ended he was hanging out with Noel and Makoto. You'd think they'd keep him positive.

If he's saying crazy shit about sending people to hell though, I think I'll be satisfied. Between that shit and his new theme I get this feeling that Tager has entered srs bsns mode.

Which is kinda weird considering the fact that last we ended he was hanging out with Noel and Makoto. You'd think they'd keep him positive.

Maybe this is the game where he finally finds out about his past and\or everything that Kokonoe has been hiding from him? It seems likely.

Well, judging from the arcade modes, he runs into Azrael which apparently has bad blood with Tager and Kokonoe, and then there's always Relius who apparently has something to do with Tager's past.

Well guys.....just saw the first Tager vs Nu match. All I gotta say is it is CT all over again with slightly less damage. Hmm wonder what will happen once our lovely Mu gets released.

Well guys.....just saw the first Tager vs Nu match. All I gotta say is it is CT all over again with slightly less damage. Hmm wonder what will happen once our lovely Mu gets released.

Well I would say that Tager was likely a beginner because he was stupid enough to do CH Bsledge > 360B purple gram. But then again why does that matter? Nu's going to fuck Tager up unless the Nu's shit.