Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel Combo Thread

it may or may not be possible next year if l use my time right.

will just have to see

If you go the 5BD > 6A route, I think what TD is recommending is:

XX > 5BD > 6A > 66 5B > 6A > 4B > 66 5B > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A

or

XX > 5BD > 6A > 66 5B > 6A > 4B > 66 5CC > (236A 9D > 22B) -or- (214B)

These microdashes are very hard, and 5BD is kind of tough to confirm/distance specific, so it's totally fine if you want to use the 3C > 8D route instead while you learn. You can mix and match the starters and enders in most Rachel combos to achieve what you want. For example, the combo you mentioned:

5B > (5CD) > 3C > 8D > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5CC > (236A 9D > 22B) -or- (214B)

can easily become:

5B > (5CD) > 3C > 8D > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5B > j.B > j.A > j.B > j.C > dj > j.B > j.C > 236A

Alright well thanks for the explanation; I see where I was mistaken now. I'm going to adopt the 5B > (5CD) > ... one for now with the 5CC finisher.

As for the more optimal version with the micro dash... I feel like I can't figure out a method for doing it. I see people saying to wait to do this and that but I can't seem to figure it out at the moment and have only gotten that combo a couple of times :/

other than that, if it's the case that I had to spend a wind to get in (either 3D > jump > j.B > j.C > ... OR 5B (blocked) > jump 3 > j.2AD > j.B > ....) should I still go for the full combo even though I will be forced to use 2 more wind (in the lab it seems impossible or way to hard to do it without the 5CD), or should I do a 1 wind variant like 5BD > 6A > 4B > dash > 5CC and sacrifice ~400 damage?

For the 6a dashing, the best you can do is just to do it. We can't help you with your execution. You just have to practice. I recommend getting used to the recovery of 6a first and immediately dashing. After doing it for awhile you should know exactly when 6a's recovery ends. Once you figure that out try doing 5bd 6a dash 5b. Try doing it 10 times in a row, which means if you screw up start from one again: and then, once you can do that, finish the combo.

Practice makes perfect.

For your last point, it is recommended to end any combo that starts with a 5/2/ja quickly as you won't be getting more than 2k without heat, so the standard for hitting with a ja mid screen is just to land and do a quick 5b 5cc for the corner carry and setup. However it is up to you, there is nothing wrong with pushing for extra damage. Generally, on small starters and most others you want to spend 2 wind max, for most others as well, and some of the bigger starters in the corner can use up to 3 or 4 ONLY if you absolutely know the combo and it it won't drop.

Just did Rachel's challenge 30 if nobody figured it out yet.

Lv3 j.2c > 8D* (236A)x2

[5B j.c j.236a 2D]x2

5B > 6A > 236B 2D** > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > BBL > 236A BBL > (236A)x2***

Note*: Delay the 8D a little after landing j.2c

**: Work on the timing on 2D after or before 236B since if it connects too high, 5B > 6A > 236A won't connect, but if they are too low you can't recover fast enough to 5B.

***: When you 6A into BBL make sure they are high enough so 236A wont accidentally hit because of SMP. Than your set.

Just filled the thread with lots of combos. What I'm generally missing right now are 214C starters, midscreen frog, the 5BD 6A stuff and combos using meter.

I guess BBL is only used to end corner combos now ((6A > cOD) > 6A > BBL) or is there any more use of it?

Also, how about her CT, is it still being used in combos or was that only month 1 stuff. I haven't watched too many vids after the first month or two.

edit: oh yeah, I guess these j.2C lvl 2 > frog > 1D combos aren't really useful in this game, or am I wrong? I added these when the game first came out.

I've only really seen CT used in combos to amp up damage for a finishing combo, but I'll admit I haven't seen too many videos in general.

BBL is still used midscreen, but you do some weird stuff off of it now, like 'BBL > 214A > 4B > 236A > etc.' Not completely sure on the midscreen combo route, and I think at least some of the time, people just opt for immediate oki instead.

The j.2C (level 2) > 214A > 1D > 5CC combos still work, haha. Most of her midscreen stuff actually still works... but with the way everything feels floatier, it's way harder to confirm the j.2C (level 2) combos. Not sure if there are any situations where it'd be more worthwhile to do the j.2C combo over winding the opponent down into a 5B > 6A > 236A loop, though. Maybe at certain heights?

Came up with a solution to Trial 30 if anyone was curious. Its not too difficult either. Going to put (w) for the lobelias that whiff since you only have to cast the lobelia not actually hit with it and you have to whiff them due to SMP.

j.2C (lvl3) > 236A(w) > 236B > j.C > j.236A2D > 5B > j.C > j.236A2D > 5B > j.C > j.236A2D > 5B > 6A > 4B > Overdrive > dash > 6A > BBL > 236A(w) > 236A(w)8D > BBL > 236A > 236A

May as well add this to the other on suggested.

I don't know the nickname you guys gave those combos, but there is a alternate version of them now Sakaku, involving 214A > 2/3D instead and catching them with 2B > 5B > sj.8D > j.2C lvl3

Also it is possible to add timestamped links for visual aid?

Alright well thanks for the explanation; I see where I was mistaken now. I'm going to adopt the 5B > (5CD) > ... one for now with the 5CC finisher.

As for the more optimal version with the micro dash... I feel like I can't figure out a method for doing it. I see people saying to wait to do this and that but I can't seem to figure it out at the moment and have only gotten that combo a couple of times :/

other than that, if it's the case that I had to spend a wind to get in (either 3D > jump > j.B > j.C > ... OR 5B (blocked) > jump 3 > j.2AD > j.B > ....) should I still go for the full combo even though I will be forced to use 2 more wind (in the lab it seems impossible or way to hard to do it without the 5CD), or should I do a 1 wind variant like 5BD > 6A > 4B > dash > 5CC and sacrifice ~400 damage?

Pretty much everything TD said above, though I feel like I should note that the 5BD > 6A combo can be pretty nasty to try to confirm off of an instant overhead starter (if you do j.2DA > j.B/j.C) because you might not be in range to do it without micro-dashing after landing from the overhead anyway.

May as well add this to the other on suggested.

I don't know the nickname you guys gave those combos, but there is a alternate version of them now Sakaku, involving 214A > 2/3D instead and catching them with 2B > 5B > sj.8D > j.2C lvl3

Haven't seen this yet, but it sounds pretty interesting. Are you talking about a new route from the level 2 j.2C combo above?

Also it is possible to add timestamped links for visual aid?

If our list was in a more finalized state (sorry I'm not very helpful here :(), it wouldn't be difficult to just make a demonstrative combo video. We could of course just timestamp match videos, but that feels pretty stop-gappish an approach.

Haven't seen this yet, but it sounds pretty interesting. Are you talking about a new route from the level 2 j.2C combo above?

Rachels have been doing them for a while I'll look for some timestamps, I figured they were posted in this thread already. It's also in one of the combos in challenge mode.

I was kinda suggesting time stamps from current vids and such, but if Sakaku is working on something never mind :kitty:

I didn't find them yet, but this was interesting.

Not finished though. B Lotus is active.

http://youtu.be/4AooJpFvUdE?t=4m8s

4B > CT8D > j.2C2D > (236A) > 5CC > 214A > 5B > 6A > 236A > 2B > 5B > (frog)dj.2C... that failed wind was probably a 2D attempt

for wows http://youtu.be/4AooJpFvUdE?t=2h17m53s

inb4 "N-O the GOD!"

First one's a pretty interesting combo. Going to have to remember that one. We've been able to do the second one since CT. xD Still fun to see, though.

端JA始動最大?コンボ。

・JAJB→ダッシュ5B5CC→ゲオルグ→8D→Aロベ→3C?Bロベ→ダッシュ6Aリリー

難易度は多分低い。

OD使うなら避雷針増えるしダメージかなり違う。

おき攻めを想定して元々避雷針あれば50%で4000は越えてたと思う。覚えてないけどw

Strongest combo from j.A:

j.A > j.B > dash 5B > 5CC > 214A > 8D > 236A > 3C? > 236B > dash 6A > BBL

Degree of difficulty is probably low.

Rest of the post is about dmg from OD/if poles are already set up, nothing too important.

EDIT: so I recorded it with double OD BBL and god damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmTEbhcgkFc

6k off a j.A is delicious. Does it require a low health OD to do or can you do it at say 50% health or higher?

@sakaku

214c starters are now full combos. still retaining their float properties and being a normal starter makes it better

routes (all 3c's are 3c(1) unless said otherwise):

(no ch) dash 6a 4b dash (5b) 6a 236a dash 3c 214c dash 5cc

dash (5b) 6a 236a dash 3c 214c dash 6a 4b dash 5cc

dash (5b) jc2d dash (5b) 6a... (236a or 4b route, omit the second 5b for 4b route)

dash (5b) jc[c] jc2d dash 6a 4b dash 6a delay 236a dash 3c 214c dash 5cc

dash 5b jc2d djc2d dash (5b) 6a... (236a or 4b route. not really needed except to stabilise while adding extra damage)

on ch, dash up and do the appropiate starter dependant on height. if not sure, 5b jc2d dash is probably the safest way to get a combo started here.

george combos are essentially the same

most cse combos work here as well, j2c lv2, football frog combo

coming soon: how to use wind properly in combos to make any combo work, and get whatever you desire.

Thanks TD, added the basic ones (still need to do more testing with j.C 2D stuff midscreen).

ToDo: Combo route guide, useful CH 6B combos, high dmg OD combos mentioned earlier. I want to update the CSEX gameplay guide first so anything except for CH 6B combos may have to wait a little longer.

Also, asking this here again since nobody answered:

characters with a hitbox like Azrael are hard to hit with 3C after 5B 6A 236A, any solutions for that? Delaying the 2326A works at times, but I can't find any consistency in landing it.

didnt test fully but l was able to combo azrael consistently when he fell right between rachel and max range a lobelia (where the pole is created) - a little farther from her face but not too much. at farther ranges it tends to get a little more inconsistent, sometimes he gets hit right away with lobelia, sometimes 3c whiffs... he likely has to fall on the lobelia rather than just getting smacked by it unlike other chars.

Are there any good ways for Rachel to get frog oki in corner without sacrificing a ton of damage (i.e. at least 3k) or using all her wind/meter (no super and 2 or less winds used)? It always seems like I'm either burning all my resources or doing crap damage if I want to take oki.

Off a 2B confirm you can do

2B > 5B > 5CDC > 5B > j.C > j.236A~j.2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > 4B > 3C into frog

If you feel like spending more wind, you can add an additional j.236A~j.2C if you feel like using more wind for about 3k. The combo itself recovers 1 wind.

You can't do too much damage off her IOH because it's a short starter.

Strongest combo from j.A:

j.A > j.B > dash 5B > 5CC > 214A > 8D > 236A > 3C? > 236B > dash 6A > BBL

Degree of difficulty is probably low.

Rest of the post is about dmg from OD/if poles are already set up, nothing too important.

EDIT: so I recorded it with double OD BBL and god damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmTEbhcgkFc

I told you BBL guaranteed damage was hilarious.

now a question. One of the rachel challenges shows the lvl 2 j2C combo being done as > 5b > hjc>JC> JC2D>J2C. (Rather than 5b>jc>JC2D>jc>J2C)

I didn't know about this way of doing it in EX, can anyone tell me differences in these two ways of doing it and when you might choose one over the either etc?

I think this is new to CP, and I'm pretty sure it makes no difference. All of the combos you want to use work with the traditional method, so you don't have to worry about that.

Alright so I don't know if it is just me but I can't get 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash > 3C to work on Hakumen at all. Can someone else try to test this to make sure it is character specific or to find out if I am just really bad. I hit it fine on all the other characters I train on. For reference I'll post the three midscreen combos I have been working on that I couldn't get to work on him.

1. 5B > j.B3D > j.C > 5BD > 6A > 5B > j.C2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash > 3C > 214C > 6A > 4B > Dash > 5CC

2. 5B > j.B3D > j.C > 5BD > 6A > 4B > Dash > 5B > j.C2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash > 3C > 214C > Dash > 5CC

3. 5B > j.B3D > j.C > 5BD > 6A > Dash > 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash > 3C > 214C > Dash > 6A > 4B > Dash > 5CC

I guess I will just do an air combo ender off the 5B before the 236A instead if this is character specific.

I think this is new to CP, and I'm pretty sure it makes no difference. All of the combos you want to use work with the traditional method, so you don't have to worry about that.

yea, I ended up doing the challenge with the traditional method. it seemed to me like it controlled height better, but I dunno.