Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel Combo Thread

Alright so I don't know if it is just me but I can't get 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash > 3C to work on Hakumen at all. Can someone else try to test this to make sure it is character specific or to find out if I am just really bad. I hit it fine on all the other characters I train on. For reference I'll post the three midscreen combos I have been working on that I couldn't get to work on him.

[...]

I guess I will just do an air combo ender off the 5B before the 236A instead if this is character specific.

He seems to be the same case as Azrael. Instead of hitting Haku frontal with 236A, he needs to fall into the seed. It's really hard for the combos listed by you as the 5B > 6A > 236A part kicks in rather late, making it more difficult for him to fall into the seed without being able to tech. Perfectly works for 6A AA combos though. I'm gonna try Litchi Haz and Tager now and see if they have the similar air hitboxes.

edit: No problems vs Litchi/Haz.

Hard tier: Azrael, Hakumen, Tager, Kagura, Valkenhayn

Are there any other combo routes with character specific difficulty or worse just plain character specific? fo rthe characters that are hard for this particular one, it seems that you just want to do 236a early in the combo rather than late, and to hit with the 5b of 5b>6a>236a really really low.

I apologize if my notation is incorrect, but has anyone been experimenting with XXX > 5B > 6A > 236A > (dash) > 5B > jC2D > jc > j2C > 22B > 5CC combo routes? I saw NO use this in a few videos and thought it looked pretty flashy, but the timing is pretty scrict. I thought it might be a nice substitute for 5B > 6A > 236A > dash > 3C (1) combos since I'm still having trouble with those, but if anything it seems a little more difficult... Seems like you need to cancel the j2c into b lotus pretty close to the ground to make it work. It does comparable damage to other combo routes (plus you get lotus).

Hard tier: Azrael, Hakumen, Tager, Kagura, Valkenhayn

Valkenhayn is hard tier for this combo? Lol cool cause I pretty much only practiced against him and I'm not having any problems.

after AA 6A, is it 100% necessary to go into the 2 wind combo to bring them down or you can use the j.C hold version? (also what was the input for that?) Thanks.

after AA 6A, is it 100% necessary to go into the 2 wind combo to bring them down or you can use the j.C hold version? (also what was the input for that?) Thanks.

I am not even sure which two wind combo you are talking about.

You can definitely do CH 6A >66 5B > j.]C[ > j.C2D > 6A > 4B > 66 5B > 6A > 236A > 66 3C > 214A > 66 5CC

Personally I use CH 6A >66 5B > j.C2D > 5B > 6A > 236A > 66 3C > 214A > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5CC

CH 6A is untechable, you don't need to use wind at all. You can just do 66 5B > 6A > 236A > 66 3C > 214C > 66 6A > 4B > 66 5CC.

I haven't experimented with the j.[C] route from 6A, but I've tried it from air-to-air confirms, and it's fairly picky about height. You could try controlling their height by adding/omitting stuff like j.BAB between the 5B > j.C and see what works.

I see, well for regular 6A hit I can see more uses for wind in combos, but as I said, I still don't know how to do the j.[C] combo route or when I should input what, how should I do it?

It's just:

Stuff > j.[C] > j.2D > j.C > 6A

It's kind of a weird thing to do with your fingers, but I believe the best timing for the 2D is right before you release C and then press it again. Ideally you want to land early enough that 6A > 236A will connect perfectly and you go from there, but I've also seen 6A > 4B > 66 5B > etc. I'm no expert on this, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

It's kind of a weird thing to do with your fingers, but I believe the best timing for the 2D is right before you release C and then press it again. Ideally you want to land early enough that 6A > 236A will connect perfectly and you go from there, but I've also seen 6A > 4B > 66 5B > etc. I'm no expert on this, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I suck at the j.]C[ > 2D > j.C > 6A > 236A combo so I don't try it anymore. The windless version that you posted is good too but again I always seem to have them at the wrong height at 6A > 236A and drop it. The j.Cs in my combos are there because you can stabilize the height of almost any combo by timing the land 5B/6A correctly. It makes it so much easier for me.

For the actual way to input the double j.C combo. The way I do it is press j.C once and hold it down then after a brief pause where Rachel floats I let go of the button and immediately press j.C again and then do 2D as fast as possible. You can probably do it a lot of different ways. It takes some getting used to but that part isn't hard. Getting the timing for the 6A after landing is a lot trickier. Too high up and you whiff the followup, too low and the followup doesn't hit right.

I suck at the j.]C[ > 2D > j.C > 6A > 236A combo so I don't try it anymore. The windless version that you posted is good too but again I always seem to have them at the wrong height at 6A > 236A and drop it.

You actually just have to hit them with 5B as low to the ground as possible. An instant microdash into 5B is appropriate for most heights, but you do have to delay it slightly if they're way above your head. If you suck at the timing, just go straight into 6A > 4B, don't waste two wind.

No reason to waste 2 wind on a 6A CH. The 2 wind is usually for when you air to air someone and hit confirming off of that. The j.C hold version I'll maybe do off of a 6A CH. Only benefits really is slightly extra damage at the cost of wind, imo. You can do the j.[C]>j.C>j2D route off of an air to air hit confirm as well. I don't always recommend it though unless you're sure you and the opponent aren't too high up, so I usually opt to use 2 wind to safely get the combo without letting the combo timer go for too long.

If I 6A AA someone off of a non counter hit, then the j.C hold combo or the 2 wind combo are the ones you should do.

You can definitely do CH 6A >66 5B > j.]C[ > j.C2D > 6A > 4B > 66 5B > 6A > 236A > 66 3C > 214A > 66 5CC

Yeah, this is usually the one I like doing if I want to spend the wind.

during a recent nico stream n-o did a corner combo that did more than lobelia loop but it doesn't seem too consistent i'll post my results

these were tested on a standing ragna with full life and no poles out already

5B>6B>5D>5CC>5B>>J.C>J236A>J3D>5B>J.C>J236A>J2D>5B>6A>236A>6A>4B>6A>BBL 4.2k 3wind and you're in the air half the time

compare to

5b>6b>5c>5d>3c>8d>6a>4b> 66 5CC> 214A>5B>6A>236A>6A>(236B>george hits> 66 6A,*) BBL 4.5k/4.8k 2 wind

*this part is very situational due to the nature of this combo, maybe i'm just wack but I landed this full version 4 or 5 times all night because george has to hit just right for this to combo correctly, i didn't test on all the cast though.

Well yeah, I know about this combo route but it's not very consistent, as you stated. There's a 2A starter version as well. I miss watching N-O...

Does anybody have any tips on her mid-screen jc2d 236a 3c 214c (etc.) bnb? Her full mid-screen combos are so hard and I just suck at them :(

And how do her corner combos were vs Bang? I cant do 236a -> 6a against him.

In the corner vs bang, you can do ~5cc dash 5b 6a 4b (delay) 236a,

then either end with 3c or do dash 5b 6a BBL

so off a fatal you can get this 22A setup:

Obviously the combo is shit. I just started rachel comboing and can't do much, but here are some theorized combos:

5C(1)FC>236B>22A>665A>5B>j.C>2D8>j.2C(lv2)>236C~2D>5B>6A>236A>6A>6B>3C>214A(Oki)

I've gotten as far as the 236C~2D but when i 2D somehow the training dummy hits the ground and techs before i get my 5B. Everything before that i can guarentee works.

5C(1)(FC)>236B>22A>5A>6A>236A>3C9D>8Dj.2DC(FC)>214A>5C(2)>6A>BBL>236B>5C(1)>214C>2CD

this one I'm unsure about. I tested the lv3 j.2C link by doing a 5B>3C9D>8Dj.2DC(FC) which worked, but i haven't tried this combo yet.

more 5CFC shenanigans:

5C(FC)(1)>Delay[236C]~9D>665B>214A+]236C[>5B>6A>236A>6A>6B>Ender

I will learn to move rachel with wind eventually, right now anything beyond winded lobelia is beyond me though.

Hi guys i got a problem, all my friends on my scene already got cp while im here stuck with extend until the english version comes out, the question is: what are the best combos that i could practice in extend that still works in cp?

(apart from the obvious aerial routes)

j2c combos are occasionally useful. standing confirms are useful. 6CD is useful. But the main thing to actually practice there is just j2c, so not much.

so from looking at the first post (or more like second w/e) things like

CH 6A > 5B > 6A > 236A > (dash) > 5B > j.C > 2D > jc > j.2C [lvl 2] > j.214A > (delay) > j.1D > (land) > 5CC > 236C > (frog) > (dash) > 3C > 214B

are what i should be practicing then, ok thank you ill get to it once my family releases the tv.

j2C > frog combos have less use than j2C > anything else I would say. try j2c> 236B> JC> JC> BBL instead, or j2C > 2a (whiff)> 5C(w)C

there is really not that much you can practice combo wise. you can practice pressure, and neutral movement.