Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel Combo Thread

For combos there's actually corner carry ones that stay largely the same minus the new proration system. If there was something I'd recommend the most it would be to get ALL of those down as they have been important forever already. J3bd c/j2c, 6cd, 5cc 3c5d 5b pickups...

Practice j[c] jc links in the air in case you aren't comfortable with them. Jc 2d djc 2d 5b/6a can be practiced as well. It won't be exactly the same due to increased gravity, but you can practice juggling and getting the perfect positioning.

Transitioning to cp should not be too difficult of you practice these. Like Errol said don't let your pressure or neutral suffer either, when you can try to practice a little of both.

ok thank you both, i actually dont find the j[c] jc too difficult i havent touched the 6cd since tho, ill just try to practice everything, also one final question i remember reading that the j2c> 236B> JC> JC> BBL route was character specific or something in cp is this true?

Huh. That's actually the route I was doing.

5C > 214A > 2C [frog] 5CC 6A > 4B 5B > 6A > 236A dash 5B > 6A > BBL summon. Hm. Maybe it's because I'm not doing the 236B route.

I'm learning rachel and I'd actually like to put together a list, maybe even some vids of some optimal-ish combos for different situations. IE mid w/X wind, corner w/X wind, 5B punish starter, 5b > 6B > j.B [3D] >... hit confirms. Im just trying to find a good balance of wind use/damage/canIactuallydoitinamatch

Corner fatal, the one i've been going for is this one that i've pulled from a combo vid

5C > 214A > 2C [frog] > 5B > 6A > 4B > 236B > 6A > 236C [2D] > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > BBL Does 5500ish if memory serves. It's not too hard and takes NO WIND to start

I've found that I really like using a short hop combo extender (5B, jump, 2D, j.5C) as a go to as its really good at keeping them at low heights for 6A > 4b or 5CC continuations

Corner combos:

No Wind at start (almost same as above combo)

5B > 5CC > 5B > 6A > 4B > 236B > 6A > 236C [2D] > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > BBL

1 Wind

5B > 3C [9D] > 5B > 6A > 4B > 236B > 6A > 236C [2D] > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > BBL

5B > 6A [5D] > 4B > dash 5CC > 214A > 5B > 6A > 236A > 3C > 236B > 6A > BBL

(needs just over 1 bar of wind to start) 5B > 6A [5D] > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B, [j.2D] j.5C > 5CC > 214A > 3C > 214B > 6A > BBL

2 Wind

5B > 6B > j.B [3D] > j.2C > 5b > 3C > [9D] > 6A > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B, [j.2D] j.5C > 5CC > 214A > 3C > 214B > 6A > BBL

5B > 6B > j.A [2D] > 5B > 6A [5D] > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B, [j.2D] j.5C > 5CC > 214A > 3C > 214B > 6A > BBL

5B > 5CC [9D] > 214A > 2C [frog] 5B, [j.2D] j.5C > 6A > 4B > 5B > 6A > 236A > 6A > BBL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rv-wxZCPs8

This concept has already been done.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9HiW8v2qTgU

There are some important routes left put, such as 5bd 6a dash 5b, some ja frog combos, certain heat combos... However, pretty much everything that is anything combo related is in this tutorial (which is more like a compilation if you ask me.)

You're welcome to still do it if you prefer, just pointing that out.

Whenever they get hit raw by the frog or something like 2B 5B frog in the corner, what route is the most optimal to follow? can you do a long enough combo to get frog again?

(2B/5B) > frog > 5B > 6A > 236A > 5B > 6A > 4B > 5CC > 214B > 3C > 214A

You need to hit the last 5B when they're low to the ground so 4B doesn't bounce them too high. You can resummon George just at the end of 3C. I'm pretty sure this route works from j.B starter as well.

Anyone got any tips for BnB's involving 5B > 6A > 236A > Dash 3C

I either input the 3C to late, or get 2C...

there is really nothing to it. You just have to get it down. it's not particularly tight, it just has to be done correctly.

depending on the situation you may need to delay your 236a slightly so it hits later giving you time to start dashing into the 3c.

off frog, make sure you wait till all the hits of the frog are done and they drop a bit, if you do your 5b too soon they'll be too high and that can cause them to tech too soon

anyone got a no frog fatal 5c combo, lost a match cause i did frog oki, they dp'd to get out like i knew they would, and i went to do fatal 5c combo but i realized as i did it i had no fatal combo without george.

You can also burn a wind stock to do a level 2 j.2C after the 5C FC and combo from there. Gets you around an extra 300-400 damage over the dash 5B path, I believe.

@True_Tech like Tari said you can use j.2C combo or you can wait till after they stop spinning from the 5C and go for 5B > j.C 2D land 5B > 6A... I'd like to give you a full combo path but on my phone atm =/

anyone got a no frog fatal 5c combo, lost a match cause i did frog oki, they dp'd to get out like i knew they would, and i went to do fatal 5c combo but i realized as i did it i had no fatal combo without george.

I have since come up with something better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myqTs_4lEzU

5c FC dash, wait until otg 5b 6a 4b delay 236b 6a 236c delay 2d 5b 6a (delay if too high) 236a 5b 6a 5b 6a BBL

4922 dmg for 1 wind and 50%.

Actually you can start the combo from 0 wind and it works :o

EDIT: version using 100% and overdrive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-CaoS3daA

Does 7640 for 1 wind, 100% and Overdrive (you use another wind later but you gain that wind during the combo)

I'm using N-O's char specific corner FC. I haven't tested on every character.

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 5B > 6A > 4B > (6A) > BBL

5.6k iirc for 0 wind and 50%. Doesn't work on Valk, most likely a few more, will test later.

I'm using N-O's char specific corner FC. I haven't tested on every character.

5C FC > 214A > (dash) 2C > (frog) > 5CC > 6A > 236B > 5B > 6A > 236A > dash 5B > 6A > 4B > (6A) > BBL

5.6k iirc for 0 wind and 50%. Doesn't work on Valk, most likely a few more, will test later.

For characters like Valk, I just replace the underlined 5b with 5a, works perfectly.

5c> 5cc> 214a> 3c> 5b6a236b2d>5b6a236a>6a4b>6a>bbl

6099. extra damage if you have an extra pole.