Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin Gameplay Discussion

Finally got my PS3 fixed and returned from Sony, finally got to play CP for the first time.

It was scary how natural CP Jin felt. Literally the first second I got into training mode, I did 5B>5C>2C>22C>D>[44] 5B>5C>2C>jc>j.2C>j.C>j.214C for around 3.4K iirc(can't really remember the damage, was too hype). Either way, Hizangeki is so godlike and OD combos are amazing. Only got like 20 minutes in training mode cause homework but I'mma definitely experiment more tomorrow. Can't wait to apply this stuff online.

I think the only problem I had was getting 22C when I wanted 2C, but that can easily be fixed by not mashing.

CP Jin is so easy mode when it comes to execution that netplay doesn't really affect him in that area.

The only hard part is the Sekka D Rehhyou route, but this is too hard even offline. Got it only a couple of times while attempting that challenge and gave up once I completed the whole combo once lol

CP Jin is so easy mode when it comes to execution that netplay doesn't really affect him in that area.

I disagree. Can't even do 5C>2C, shit's so hard to do online. PSN is sad day all day.

Hey fellow Jin bros, recently finished a new Jin CMV if you guys have the time to watch it and give me some feedback that would be cool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1onGY2_GGYQ&feature=youtu.be enjoy ^_^

Stylish :toot:

Hey fellow Jin bros, recently finished a new Jin CMV if you guys have the time to watch it and give me some feedback that would be cool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1onGY2_GGYQ&feature=youtu.be enjoy ^_^

I have come to the Jin forums only to say this combo video is swag.

No, seriously, this is cool stuff. Only feedback I can think of is that you do something 'easier' to get into from the start(some sort of screen or whatever) before getting into the combos and tech. Also could make it a little longer but that is just me.

more like "mostly" unblockable -- theres time to mash out DDs (and in my case a DP) but most ppl arent going to see that coming to be sure

pretty manageable stuff you got there - Ive been meaning to upgrade my Jin gameplay and your always a source of inspiration Suku (for more than jin lol)

Now that was some stylish stuff :D

I've got an idea for some resets... lab time.

edit: There we go.

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TbmKBJf6Bg

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHOy2pVPIE

Here's what happens at #1, if you rapid cancel Hizansen it carries over the upward trajectory so you'll be high enough for a cross over. That of course only works if you condition them to block high, like the earlier discussion we had. And once they start to block it go with #2, simply delay the rapid cancel a little until Hizansen doesn't go up anymore.

>doesn't want to spend 25 meter for mix up

>spends 50 meter instead :sweatdrop:

*quote*

Neat stuff.

Tho, I wanna note that I feel like it's almost impossible to have a lot of meter while still maintaining full life. I think of it like this, I feel like there is no "realistic" situation where you would be sitting on this much meter while still having 100% life, ya' know? Like, when I see 100% Life with 100% Bar on an OD combo, I feel like something like that will never happen in a match even at mid-level play.

Those were just combo samples, mainly to show what you can do after Hizensen RC. You can do any combo with whatever rescources you have left on your back.

Those were just combo samples, mainly to show what you can do after Hizensen RC. You can do any combo with whatever rescources you have left on your back.

No. Never!

I find it that if you are really low on health and you get momentum back and activated OD. It's best to try to get a reset once or twice for more optimum damage or maybe even a kill.

The thing is, I am not sure what moves yet could be best for it. I know almost everything freezes so there's a lot of option. What I've been doing is instead doing the staple ender for OD (...>5C>3C>touga or DP B > touga).

I just do a 5B or empty jumpins to try for a reset.

Anyone has a better or safer idea for this? I remember seeing some videos a while back when either Eruo or someone else was going HAM on the resets but I can't seem to find them.

-oh also Hi guys, I am back from the grave and back again. Was hospitalized today and almost died....T______T

Nice setups, I almost forgot 236D > DC existed lol

-oh also Hi guys, I am back from the grave and back again. Was hospitalized today and almost died....T______T

Welcome, I went through something like that back in October lol. Let's just say that the hospital bills pretty much ruined me for the rest of the year ;(

Yea, it's nice to be back though. but defnitely not looking forward to those bills. Near death exp. also not fun.

@Tonberry: Thanks, That CMV and your own are both good references.

Someone need to make one for midscreen stuff though lol.

So, does this man have some type of unlisted invul on his normals because this shit doesn't make any sense.

I was Izayoi and I did a meaty CT setup on a Jin and he emergency tech'd and immediatly pressed 5B. My CT whiffed through him and I was CH. I know CT's are only active for 1f but wtf

Second situation happened awhile ago. I was blocking as Kagura and I attempted a counter assualt. The Jin was just doing normal pressure and pressed 5C. Kagura's entire knee went through Jins body. Not even the little invul indication thing shows up. Shit just goes through him. Why did those happen exactly

So, does this man have some type of unlisted invul on his normals because this shit doesn't make any sense.

I was Izayoi and I did a meaty CT setup on a Jin and he emergency tech'd and immediatly pressed 5B. My CT whiffed through him and I was CH. I know CT's are only active for 1f but wtf

Second situation happened awhile ago. I was blocking as Kagura and I attempted a counter assualt. The Jin was just doing normal pressure and pressed 5C. Kagura's entire knee went through Jins body. Not even the little invul indication thing shows up. Shit just goes through him. Why did those happen exactly

Just wakeup invul and hitbox shit. Counter assaults generally have terrible hitboxes, so I'm guessing it's just a combination of Kagura's CA only having a hitbox at the tip of his knee, and Jin leaning forward slightly during 5C.

Lol, I expected to read this on YT before DL, Mirror matches (at this level) don't determine much. Fenrich beat Dogura in a FT5 of Azrael mirrors and he's not a better Azrael than Dogura (Dogura possibly stronger overall). Kikuchiyo came into the lobby later and bodied Galileo in mirrors, Galileo regarded as the best litchi along with Puromete,Kaqn loses ragna mirrors to Yuuta etc etc I'm not saying Tetsu is better or vice versa, but from what i understand these two>>>>>>>the others.

Anyway, this is 6 hours worth of footage, most of it is jin because, Fenrich,Ronitta,Tetsuwo and N-O were all over it. N-O plays Rachel in the latter half, Ronitta and Tetsuwo dip early,i wish they stuck around longer but :(. Fenrich is there the whole time, i picked up a ton from Fenrich and Tetsuwo, their playstyles are a lot different from the last time I saw them in arcade, they're more liberal with meter, and ex air toushougeki paid dividends for them in a lot of the matches. Idk about everyone else but this was the gold mine.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZdIFjEqBX4J_X8hnlu0IJSv9nqZJd8Gi

Hazama tho, we had arguably the top 3 jins there and they all got bodied for the most part, actually everyone in the lobby did....

* It is now more difficult to combo from jC/j2C into a grounded combo

* Hishoken (236A Series) has been made stronger, easier to use

Stronger and easier to use fireballs? I don't get it.

Are they... faster? Do more damage? How are they "easier" to use?

Meh.

The jC nerf can be good or bad depending how much they changed it. If they ONLY mess with hit stun and leave the hit box alone, then he'll have another 50/50 game mid screen since it's possible to fuzzy guard j2C during hit stun. However, normally hard to do since you have to do specific combos that hit prorate enough to do this now.... which also do like almost no damage.

I dunno, when Arcsys changes the game, it's normally for the worst. I hope they don't change much at all.

Yeah, I don't get why. It's not like his air normals have the hit stun of the gods, except CH jC, but that doesn't hit crouchers reliably. Regardless, 236A buff is interesting, I want to see what we can use with it.

Also potential RIP to cool throw/crouch confirm combo, back to EX 6B combo maybe :(

Yeah, I don't get why. It's not like his air normals have the hit stun of the gods, except CH jC, but that doesn't hit crouchers reliably. Regardless, 236A buff is interesting, I want to see what we can use with it.

Also potential RIP to cool throw/crouch confirm combo, back to EX 6B combo maybe :(

Honestly, I don't see how 236A buffs sound interesting at all in anyway what so ever.

Of all things to buff for losing his fatal counter combo, why not buff 236D?

Seriously, 236D is such a worthless move. Why can't I have 6D freeze time when it hits so I can get appropriate oki when ending my combos in 5B>5C>5D>236D?? Fuckin' arcsys.