Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Jin Gameplay Discussion

some stuff from jin mixi community:

throw>dc>od>6c works

back throw>dc>od>ct works

ex fireball recovers 9f faster, uncharged ±0 on block and ~+22 on hit

6a: level 3 move, recovery increased to 22f, -8 on block, +1 on hit, +8 on ch

p1 70, p2 89, 640 dmg

hirensou: 1st hit is Fast starter, 2nd hit unchanged, off 1st hit max seems to be hirensou>6c>ice car>5c>sekka>5b(1)>5c>sekka

So they also reduced the P1 from 80 to 70 on 6A?

ARCsys pls

I don't really mind the Hirensou nerf as that has always been my go-to combo after landing it lol.

That P1 nerf is kinda unfortunate, but I think everything else about 6A we already knew. I feel the same as Moy with the DP D combo route. I do wonder how that will affect 623D > 214D routes though...

All the more reason to make it special cancelable. Would:

6A-22C-D-(crossunder)-5B-5C-2C-j.2C-j.C-j.2C-j.C-j.214C ~2.5K

For 25 heat really be that overpowered? Especially with the nerfs to recovery and proration, that seems pretty reasonable.

i know this is tiny, but with the throw dash cancel, sideswap off throws should be easy. it was possible in the 1.0, but it was difficult to execute (at least for me).

The 6A nerf hits him way to hard. Its actually enough to quit the character.

Apparently overheads are just too strong, so they have to nerf them. 

Dunno why they did that, landing 1 or 2 overheads doesn't mean shit without meter anyway, it was just insurance. 

Since most people will be eyeing Hizangeki anyway. 

The 6A nerf hits him way to hard. Its actually enough to quit the character.

You really think so? It's already pretty punishable on block, so making it worse doesn't seem too bad to me.

6A is -4 on block as it stands, it puts you at a disadvantage but you can't get punished for it (unless the opponent miraculously IBs it).

The 6A nerf basically means that the opponent can block low awl dei until you get at least 25 Heat for TK Hizangeki. If you try to use 6A without 50 Heat to RC, you WILL get punished as it will be -8 on block.

People think that 6A is worthless as of now because it doesn't lead to anything without meter or a CH. It might not lead to any combos but you do get some damage, Heat and a pressure reset. Eventually the opponent will try to block it but that thing is damn near unblockable, so you get the opponent to try to guess-block it and that's when you tag them with 2B.

Oh I see, people must have been IBing my 6A's when they were punishing me on block.

It's definitely a big hit to his mixup especially with j.2C suppsodely being harder to combo off of in 1.1, but I don't think it will bother me much in particular because I only really use 6A with 50 heat as it is.

I've finally finished one of the match-up threads, the Jin vs Platinum thread now has everything you need to know about that match-up. I'll try to finish a thread per day from now on. One down, a gorillion more to go :vbang:

Edit 1: Jin vs Ragna thread is now complete.

I've finally finished one of the match-up threads, the Jin vs Platinum thread now has everything you need to know about that match-up. I'll try to finish a thread per day from now on. One down, a gorillion more to go :vbang:

Edit 1: Jin vs Ragna thread is now complete.

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this. I read the ragna one and it has improved my ability to fight him. I hope we can have more discussions about matchups. I think the forums sometimes places too much focus on combos and that leaves the matchup threads bare.

They take quite a bit of work, that's why most people don't want to even touch them haha.

At the very least I'm going to rush the "useful frame data" section for every character since knowing when you should and should not push buttons is extremely important.

Hello everybody. 

I just started playing seriously CP and decided to main Jin. I don't really have any much experience with the game but found him pretty fun to play, but reading about the 6A nerf, hitstun from J2C(I think), etc. made me a little bit uneasy about him. 

How do you guys think the changes from the next patch are going to affect him? Since I'm a complete noob, I can't seem to understand where are those changes directed at and what are they changing.

Sorry about my english, it's not my firs language and It's pretty damn late here.

The Jin nerfs aren't really that bad, at least not bad enough that it would drop him down a tier or two. The 6A nerf means that his basic mix-up game is going to get slightly weaker until you get 25-50 Heat but he still does a crapload of damage and his neutral game remains unchanged. As far as the j.2C nerf goes, I'm still seing j.2C > j.C, 66 5B > stuff being used, the question is whether the j.2C > j.C loop works now, which wouldn't matter much seeing how not many people go for it due to its demanding execution and it being a character specific combo.

gotta thank ShadowRedZero for the 236D idea #basedSRZ and thanks i been and will continue to innovate jin combos for every bb variation :)

alright, so fatal loops are still in, they're just a bit harder to time now

Bang, Bullet, Kokonoe, Makoto, Ragna

5D fatal > 214D(1) > (run up 5B(1) > 2C > jump > slight delay j.2C > delay j.C) x 2

Everyone Else

5D fatal > 214D(1) > (run up 5C > jump > slight delay j.2C > delay j.C)x 3

edit:

no fatal loop on kokonoe :(

lets see......

some new corner throw combos

throw>dc>2c>6c>c dp>5b(2)>5c>sekka>2b>sekka 

throw>dc>tk hizansen>3c>ice car>5b(2)>5c>sekka>5b(1)>sekka 

back throw>dc>crossunder j.2c>j.c>dash 2b>5b(2)>5c>3c>ice car 

3c>ex fireball and 6c>charged ex fireball works, charged ex fireball lets you do freeze oki setup

d dp>6c>ice car>5b(1)>5c>sekka>sekka 

d dp>ex ice car>6c>delay sekka>sekka

I knew it, the j.2C > j.C loop no longer works and if it does then it probably requires some ridiculous timing.