Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

If they forward or back tech the bomb then they get a free out of the corner pass.

Or do you mean the ones off of shorter combos? If they don't tech they get a free out.

I haven't used these corner tricks from that Mu encyclopedia video a while ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-Vup0YmB0) in actual matches, but at the same time i haven't any japanese players use these in video matches. So are these too gimmicky or viable ways to cause cross-unders?

I've used the dash 2B cross-unders most of the time, but that's only once in a while. Unless you want to risk putting yourself in the corner if either setup is blocked I can see why most people wouldn't use them.

Seems risky and gimmicky, but I'd have to try, kind of forgot about them, double crossunder seems good enough. However, I do use setups where steins suck my opponent out of the corner (usually something like j.2c j.2d j.6d meaty 2b 5b iad etc.), as they are a nice finisher when I don't have meter for super, and they also act as counterassault bait in some cases.

I was wondering if this could be a good corner crossup setup.

...>2B>6A>6B>5D>jc>jB>jC>j2C>jD>first 5D hits>DP

The second Stein will shoot right after they tech and suck them out allowing to jump over them in the corner.

Works on 5B, 2B, 3C, 5C and some more starters IIRC. The combo paths just have to be altered so the jC>j2C connects.

Example for a combo off of 5C starter.

5C>SOD>5C>2C>jc>j2C>2B>6A>6B>5D>jc>jB>jC>j2C>jD>first 5D hits>DP

I didn't know that you could use a crush trigger after a lower height j.2c or sj.2c in the corner, eventhough i doubt this will increase our corner damage by much

The only combos I've been able to find where CT actually improves the damage is the 6b combo:

Corner 6b > 6c > CT > SoD > 66~6a > 5c > 2c > sj.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.c > j.2c

and the Corner 2c Punish

CH 2c > 5[D] > SoD > 66~2c > 5[D] > CT > 5c > 2[D] > j.b > j.c > j.2c > j.214[D~] > 6c > Omo

PS: Found my old avatar!

But your eyes arent glowing -- also that avatar is srsly sexy

whoa wtf benign o.O is here? I havent seen you since well... the very early days of cs1 dat blast from the past

Hello~ I never really went on the forums before but now I'm here to learn me some CP. Kind of dropped out of BB after extend came out.

Trying to start up a decent youtube channel too (mainly so I can manage my time playing and make it more productive). But yeah good to see you

But your eyes arent glowing -- also that avatar is srsly sexy

whoa wtf benign o.O is here? I havent seen you since well... the very early days of cs1 dat blast from the past

Watch them for a very long time.

For clarification, some supers actually just lag the game. A great example is Yata No Kagami / Blessed Mirror (Mu's laser barrage). With anything more than 2x steins out the game suffers from extreme frame/input drops. I've even experienced a complete game lockup for a good 40 frames when clashing YNK and Tsubaki's new Donmaku Super.

is there anything that CAN be done about this? or just how the game is gonna be ? I dont particularly remember this being an issue in EX and im rather confused as to why it even exists now...

also dem eyes <3 GOD HER SEX APPEAL

I vaguely remember Yata slowing the game down a little even in Extend, but it's certainly more prominent in CP.

For more lulz, do 4 stein Yata against Growler or Rachel OD Tempest Dahlia with 4 wind.

It's mostly used to establish space on the screen or punish reckless things from fullscreen (similar to Rachel's Tempest dahlia or Tsubaki Banana super). Yata after airdashing and setting steins can be good if the opponent is determined to stay on your ass. You can also end combos into 6C with 2D > Yata for some burst safe damage to close out the round. And if the opponent is low on life it's good to just throw out there because it does decent chip damage. So not something you always want to blow your meter on but it has it's places.

Edited by Zeromus_X

My most common Yata usage is to punish ppl making reckless jump ins and trying to confuse me with air mobility mechanics -- it works nicely as a deterrent and punish vs characters like Valk, Tao, and hazama and even sometimes drive happy Noels - however this kind of use requires twitch motions and clear understanding of the compulsions of the other player AND their characters respective mobility weakness, a failure in this use is most commonly in the form of a Habakiri with quite literally more often than not will blow up in your face.

Zeromus' suggestion to use as a burst safe midscreen combo ender is just fine really and I use it in order to take advantage of the other players lack of understanding on how to properly deal with a x4 stein Yata lag spike - fyi, they mash buttons to recover

I dislike using it for match ending chips and such as ppl tend to be their most careful and can easily BB it or worse yet, call it out with a superiour DD -- making you effectively waste 50 heat and any options you could use with that or plain just die

I like using it after an opponent bursts/couterassaults/something similar, if I have a lot of steins out on the screen. Allows you to retake control of the match. I think I use it more than omohikane, now that the minimum damage is lower.

Hey, I wanna take up Mu, and I was just wondering. What are some good BnB's that beginner Mu player should learn?

all her combos have varying degrees of difficulty... these aren't all optimal, but they're practical, and I'd say try in this order

1. 2a 6a 2b 5c SoD (standing midscreen)

2. 2a 2b 5c SoD dash 5c 6c 2d 623c (standing, corner)

3. throw dash 6a 6b 5c 6c 5d (midscreen)

4. throw 6a 6b 2d SoD dash 6a 2c j.2c (corner)

5. 2b 5c SoD dash 5c 2c j.c j.2c dash 2b 6a 6b 5d j.a j.b j.c dj.c j.2c (corner)

6. 6b 6c tachi j.2d airdash back cancel j.c j.2c dash 3c neutral jump airdash j.b j.c j.2c (midscreen)

7. 6b 6c SoD dash 6a 2c sj.2c j.5d 2b 5c 2c j.c j.2c (corner)

If you learn these, after a while you'll understand how to go from various starters into them. Good luck!

how do you neutral with this character? I find it super hard to evaluate when to do stuff. And some matchups like Carl feel 100% impossible cuz I can't zone him or attack him

how do you neutral with this character? I find it super hard to evaluate when to do stuff. And some matchups like Carl feel 100% impossible cuz I can't zone him or attack him

µ is actually one of if not Carl's worst matchups.

Remember that the objective is not to kill Carl, it's to kill Nirvana. Your ability to chain out of normals when hitting her, combined with the very large base damage of µ's normals means that the doll dies very quickly from a safe poking range, essentially invalidating carl as a character.

oh word? then there's something I'm not doing right. But going back to the first question, how do you neutral game with her? I've been doing supe basic stuff like summon stein then dodge stuff and when it activates go in for a quick mixup, but of course there's more to it than that, I just don't know what.

oh word? then there's something I'm not doing right. But going back to the first question, how do you neutral game with her? I've been doing supe basic stuff like summon stein then dodge stuff and when it activates go in for a quick mixup, but of course there's more to it than that, I just don't know what.

She has what some people call a "fence". It's basically a range/spacing in which she has absolute uncontested dominance. Your objective is to stay mobile, for the reason that you want to contain your opponent in this zone. The spacing is, as you may have guessed, the outer half of 5c, or the tip of 2b. Abusing 2b and 5c are braindead answers to almost every character's neutral. 2b even moreso than 5c.

Sign in to follow this