Sign in to follow this  
C0R

[CP] µ12: Gameplay Discussion

Going back to Mu's dp. I don't recall her dp clashing as stupidly much in CSE compared to CP(1). Was it because that the attack part of the dp came out later in CP?

Going back to Mu's dp. I don't recall her dp clashing as stupidly much in CSE compared to CP(1). Was it because that the attack part of the dp came out later in CP?

It did... alot -- but perhaps thats because of our different use of Origins

Active frame extension due to guardpoint hitstop

I updated the wiki with some links for most of the combos : http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu-12_(BBCP)#Combos , should be a good resource for someone trying to learn the character. If you guys find any mistakes, let me know (or correct them yourselves). There are a few that are missing or that I forgot, so I'll be doing another set of recordings soon. Also, the videos are unlisted so my channel isn't filled with a hundred 10 second clips, but I'll compile the most common ones in a video so anyone looking on youtube can find it.

Hello there! I've come to learn this character so I can win EVO with lasers and a DP. Any idea where I should begin? Challenge mode wasn't much if a help..

By building a laser fortress.

If your looking for combos though, visit http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu-12_(BBCP)#Combos since pochp just updated it or the combo thread.

Actually, just read the entire wiki page cause it has basically everything you need to start with, like how to play neutral and defense and stuff. The only thing it doesn't really have is oki options.

You could also go look at some JP Mu players like Keba and see how they play.

Oh and to win EVO, go stalk Nemesis cause he got 2nd at EVO last year with this character.

Edited by Adsfzxczxc

The bracket was full of byes at evo last year though wasn't it?

And you don't want to copy nemesis right now because he's focusing more on subs than mu now :v:

His playstyle would be contaminated by izayoi.

The bracket was full of byes at evo last year though wasn't it?

Something like that, but I don't really remember.

@Pochp

I was checking out your wiki combo videos, and it seems like some of them have been misplaced (as in the videos are not the same as the description/title of the video)

[47] and [48] are switched, as the video titles are the same as the combo you linked it to, but the footage itself is swapped

[56] has a 2 minute clip of you doing some air throw combos

Last year's evo was still a big tournament, for extend, there were around 80 entrants.

By building a laser fortress.

If your looking for combos though, visit http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu-12_(BBCP)#Combos since pochp just updated it or the combo thread.

Actually, just read the entire wiki page cause it has basically everything you need to start with, like how to play neutral and defense and stuff. The only thing it doesn't really have is oki options.

You could also go look at some JP Mu players like Keba and see how they play.

Oh and to win EVO, go stalk Nemesis cause he got 2nd at EVO last year with this character.

To add to this, oki options are kind of explained in this post http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?15423-CP-%C2%B512-Gameplay-Discussion&p=1595900&viewfull=1#post1595900 (and I also added the link to the wiki)

I suppose I should be more specific if I want assistance. One thing I'm having trouble with is crossing up after Ikutachi after I stein cancel. Sometimes 2C ends up missing because my opponent recovered already.

I suppose I should be more specific if I want assistance. One thing I'm having trouble with is crossing up after Ikutachi after I stein cancel. Sometimes 2C ends up missing because my opponent recovered already.

2c? I don't remember having to use 2c in the midscreen ikutachi combo's, unless you mean j.c and j.2c after the arial backdash cancel or the 3c after the j.2c?

i have noticed something odd from cse that still works in cp. When Mu uses her dp into hakumen's Yukikaze, she can RC and jump over the attack. It doesn't work on Jin's Yukikaze, because his followup attack comes out nearly instantly and catches mu in whatever she does after the RC . When hitting Terumi's DD with Mu's dp, you won't even get the chance to RC at all

edit: other odd things. When Hakumen catches Mu's 5c with his regular ground counters , try to use 6c or dp . I have no idea what happened to his counters but if you follow up 5c with 6c or a dp, his counter follow up will whiff unless you were too close (basically next to him). Most likely because the range on his catch followup on his regular counters are nerfed. You can sometimes follow 5c up with 3c, but overall i had less succes with that than 6c or dp

If you did nothing then he will catch your 5c, because of it's lingering extended hurtbox

Edited by bakahyl

Its funny cuz I don't play any of these characters, but I managed to jump out od Jin's yukikaze

His OD yukikaze is worse for catching attacks than his regular Yukikaze, because Mu can OD through after RC her dp as well. Mu can't OD through his regular Yukikazes

Dammit, I hate my phone sometimes, but I also managed to jump out of his regular one. Its inconsistent as hell (like 1/4) but I think its either with the timing of the moves hit or the timing of the RC. I was able to jump barrier after blocking an odd first strike (is this thing 3 hits?)

We can't say until the game comes out. The known changes make her appear very similar to the current version, but there are possibly more that we don't know of yet.

i have noticed something odd from cse that still works in cp. When Mu uses her dp into hakumen's Yukikaze, she can RC and jump over the attack. It doesn't work on Jin's Yukikaze, because his followup attack comes out nearly instantly and catches mu in whatever she does after the RC . When hitting Terumi's DD with Mu's dp, you won't even get the chance to RC at all

edit: other odd things. When Hakumen catches Mu's 5c with his regular ground counters , try to use 6c or dp . I have no idea what happened to his counters but if you follow up 5c with 6c or a dp, his counter follow up will whiff unless you were too close (basically next to him). Most likely because the range on his catch followup on his regular counters are nerfed. You can sometimes follow 5c up with 3c, but overall i had less succes with that than 6c or dp

If you did nothing then he will catch your 5c, because of it's lingering extended hurtbox

I've notice that too, but you can also do a 6C then 214C.

I've notice that too, but you can also do a 6C then 214C.

But that would leave you too long open. If you only used either 6c or dp, you will recover almost as fast as or faster than Hakumen from his counter.

I was checking her changes, she doesn't seem that changed tbh obviously DP nerf was incoming but CA buff is a godsend. The only thing I'm concerned atm is how the Tachi change would affect her combo routes.

I was checking her changes, she doesn't seem that changed tbh obviously DP nerf was incoming but CA buff is a godsend. The only thing I'm concerned atm is how the Tachi change would affect her combo routes.

I will miss the small hurt box on j.2c because at the right range and height, it will clash with anti airs

Or we can wait for more info, seeing that Famitsu is slowly revealing the updates for 4-5 characters each time

There's a good chance those aren't the only changes, although the rest would most likely be minor. You also have to consider that a character's strength is relative to the rest of the cast, and that's impossible to tell before the actual release.

Hello, could I ask for some critique on these matches? I've been starting to main Mu a month or so after the console release of CP and was wondering what I could improve on.

Besides dropped combos, missing hitconfirms, misinputs etc. I think my movement and Stein placement in neutral needs the most work.

http://www.twitch.tv/crushingeagle/b/508010802

Sign in to follow this