Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykotik

[CP] Carl Clover Combo Thread

I'm running into problems with this unblockable setup: 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 46D, jump, AD, j.ABA, j.2C, j.AA, [j.B+3D]

I'm able to convert this easily on Jin and Amane (haven't tested all characters), but I'm not able to do it consistently against some of the other characters: izayoi, hazama, Terumi, others. The problem I'm running into is that the 2C will sometimes whiff after the j.A and I'll simply fall to the ground. Yet other times I'm able to do it just fine. I've tried for a few hours to diagnose what I'm doing wrong, but no success. My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the input timing on the 46D. Any insight?

For characters w/skinnier hurtboxes, you might want to try changing the combo a bit to accommodate for the hurt box. Against Litchi, do airdash j.BAB j.2C instead. For Tsubaki, try j.AAAA j.1C (this makes Ada walk back and push Tsubaki into you). The Tsubaki version probably works on other characters too.

^that

Also, I had 46D whiff on amane after 3D (he only gets hit once)

Spacing for certain characters Is definitely awkward

Yeah, the regular UB followup doesn't work on Amane. Gotta use the other followup:

5A+B, backdash, 5C, 623D, sj.B, dj.B, j.C, 421D, 5C, j.B, j.C, 46D, 6A, sj.B, dj.B, j.2C, j.C, 8D, ender

To my great embarrassment, my problem was actually missing the j.B altogether. My bad - getting my strings mixed up. Still, these suggestions are helpful. Is there a way to practice the UB followup punish in training mode without having to do the full unblockable combo first?

I'm having a little bit of trouble in the corner converting 623C, 623D, j.2C <cancel>, j.2C <cancel>. Can anyone give suggestions on the timing of the 623D and the j.2C?

The timing of that segment should be pretty lenient; just do the moves whenever you think is the right time? Any specific points you're having trouble with?

The timing of that segment should be pretty lenient; just do the moves whenever you think is the right time? Any specific points you're having trouble with?

Specifically doing the allegreto cancel so that allegreto doesn't come out following the j.2C, then having time to land, j.2C again before they tech out or hit the ground

Got it, regarding that string, 623D can be done pretty much whenever. For the first j.2C, try to hit them when they're relatively low to the ground after the wallbounce; after the first j.2C~214C, the second j.2C needs to be done pretty much immediately after you land and you need them to be low enough so you can hit them with the second one immediately.

In Corner

3C CH(22D if doll isn't close)>j.2C~214C>OTG>j.2C~214C>OTG>j.2C~214C>OTG>sj.B>j.2C~46D>j.C>OTG>j.2C~214C>OTG>j.2C~214C>OTG>sj.B>dj.B>j.421DC>j.5C>3C>ODC>3C>632146D

Why is this shit possible.

midscreen BnB from Overhead I'm using (while sandwiching)

6C>623C~421D>j.B>j.2C~46D>j.5C>OTG>j.2C~214C>5C>sj.B6D>j.5C>falling airdash>j.22DC~214C>5C>j.B>dj.B>j.5C>[41236C oki]

Here is the same combo for the same damage but trading off ease of execution for the fact that you don't get doll oki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lHQDBi9MU

midscreen BnB from Overhead I'm using (while sandwiching)

6C>623C~421D>j.B>j.2C~46D>j.5C>OTG>j.2C~214C>5C>sj.B6D>j.5C>falling airdash>j.22DC~214C>5C>j.B>dj.B>j.5C>[41236C oki]

Here is the same combo for the same damage but trading off ease of execution for the fact that you don't get doll oki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lHQDBi9MU

Baller

Will this still work if I do 5B between 6C and 623C? I'm not great at hitconfirming but 623C's hella unsafe if it's blocked so I'd rather not auto pilot it if it can be helped.

corner doll not nearby

5B>6B>22DC>5B>sj.B>j.2C>Delay j.214C>66j.B>j.2C~46D+j.C>5C[D]>j.6B>j.2C>j.6B>dj.B8]D[>j.C>3C>214214D (4.5K)

This new route works off of any 5B or 5C airhit.

5B/5C(Airhits)>sj.B>j.2C>delay j.214C>66j.B>j.2C+Doll Followup>j.C

Doll Recovery Unblockable Loop:

after X>8D>j.C | 3D>66j.B>5C>9j.B>j.214C>66j.B>j.2C214C>6A>sj.B>dj.8DB>j.C>OTG>j.C[3D]>66j.B

after X>8D>j.C | 3D>66j.B>5C>9j.B>j.214C>66j.B>j.2C214C>6A>sj.B>dj.8DB>j.C>OTG>j.C[3D]>66j.B

wat

Your notation is really confusing >_<

On another note, have you tried adding the 2C wallbounce in there somewhere? I can't test anything out atm but j.B+3D, 2B, 2C, 5C, j.B, j.214C, Airdash j.B, j.2C~allecan, 6A, [...] you make the combo a wee bit longer and add a bit of time for the doll to recover.

Anyways, here's a quick black hole punish combo I found:

(Vivace out of black hole and then backdash twice), charge 6C, Lv2 6C, 5A+B, 5C, 623D, j.2C, j.C, 46D, j.2C~allecan, j.2C, j.214C, 421D, dash, 5C, sj.B, JC, j.B, j.2C, j.C, 8D, ender. Does ~5.8-5.9k w/out a super ender.

I'm not even talking about that split, it's more about how you're detailing every single input in the combo to the point where it gets cluttered. It can become very unintuitive with regards to readability at times, especially during combos where Nirvana's attack hits long after the negative edge input but it isn't noted.

That might just be me tbh but IMO, it wouldn't hurt to be more concise with your notation and just list the sequences of attacks w/out the extra inputs (such as jump cancel directions and stuff like that) as they hit the opponent, aside from maybe indicating allecancels and some charge timings.

EDIT: With that said, it's not a big deal, sorry if it came off like that

Yeah this one does less damage but heals more doll meter:

66j.B+]3D[>5C>2C>5C>j.B>j.214C>66j.B>j.2C~214C>6A>j.B>dj.8BD>j.C>OTG>j.C[3D]

5a>5b>2b>5c>46D>iad>jb>j2c>jb>jc(46D)>665a>46D>2b/ja/grab/6c its a 50/50 reset. Pretty fancy looking on top of that. The ja causes a reset only on the characters that would get hit by fuzzy Ja. So it doesnt work on Kokonoe, noel uhh and some other people :8/: to lazy to actually name them all. However, its only like 5-6 characters that it will whiff on. 5a must hit before the second 46D to work properly. So any situation where you would do a UB reset instead of IAD blah blah stuff, do jb>j2c>jb>jc>665a(46D) instead. Can also force a reset on someone who is ready to DP>RC the regular UB. Just another something to add to your handy dandy toolbox of resets. Thought Id share :eng101:

With love

~Shiro

... Gay.

Somo loops that work very well on the corner and doesn't consume nirvana gauge:

- Opponent is in crouch state:

5B, 6B, 6A, j2.C~Allecancel, 5B, 6B, 6A, j2.C~Allecancel, 5B, 6B, 6A, j2.C~Allecancel.... stuff. This work almost on the 99.9% of the cast, except Plat and maybe another char where 6A whiff if he or her is in crouch position.

- Opponent is in standing position:

5B, 6B, 6A, j.B, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, 5B, 6B, 6A, j.B, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, stuff..

5B, 6B, 6A, j.A, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, 5B, 6B, 6A, j.A, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, stuff...

About the standing position loop, most of them work at mid-screen and even if your position is NCO at midscreen.

So? Why this is interesting? in some case you could use one rep or two just for use less nirvana moves for the UB setup.

For example, against Hazama or Jin at mid-screen you can do this:

- After a Tennerezza crossup

(NCO) Tenerezza, Vivance A, (NOC) 5B, 6B, 6A, j.B, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6B, 6A, 6]D[, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Corner, after IAD j.B, j.C opponent in crounch state.

NCO j.B, j.C, 5B, 6B, 6A, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6B, 6A, Tenerezza, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

- Corner, after 6C:

NCO, 6C, 5B, 6B, 6A, j.B, j2.C~Allecancel, 2A, 2B, 5B, 6B, 6A, Tenerezza, j.A, j.A, j.B, j2.C, j.A, j.A, j.B + 3]D[

The ja causes a reset only on the characters that would get hit by fuzzy Ja. So it doesnt work on Kokonoe, noel uhh and some other people :8/: to lazy to actually name them all.

Kokonoe and Noel can be hit by fuzzies, it's just harder on them, especially Kokonoe lol.

Kokonoe and Noel can be hit by fuzzies, it's just harder on them, especially Kokonoe lol.

Specifically the ja fuzzy? I know they can be hit by jb fuzzy but... im almost certain the ja whiffs.

-edit- nvm it does hit. But that jc has to be DEEP

Video on the setup from earlier.

"T^T As cute as this is, it will just get shoved into the never get used pile. No one ever emergency techs against carl, anyone with sense will know you always delay neutral and if they do EM tech its cause they mashing DP like never before. Otherwise we could pull of a bunch of BS UB setups, without the force stand from 3D its all for not. It breaks my heart, cause I would love to use that."

~Shiro

Yea, I also second that. I never neutral tech vs Shiro unless im mashing Daifunka or Ashura. Lol its so free now to dodge wake-up UB's without force stand. JUST NEVER EMERGENCY TECH and you get out for free. Except that thing carl does in the corner with the Overdrive projectile. THAT BALL MOVES SO FUCKING SLOW :gonk: