Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykotik

[CP] Carl Clover Combo Thread

I had to stop watching at 11 seconds and shiro and raiza already pointed out why. Good set up against people who never fought Carl, but lol in actually using it. J.B whiffing is vital to that set up. the most likely moves your opponent will do are either a delay tech (which is a pain in the ass to deal with) or forward roll .

I don't mean to be a jerk :| but I do appreciate how you have been putting a lot of combos, and your vids here. Thanks

the 3D actually catches forward roll, making your combo do overall more damage since the CT and other moves don't get prorated by both j.B AND 3D. 3D and j.B have the same proration but j.B has very little damage so it would be most optimal if only the 3D hits (I think it does like, 6.4K total with just the 3D starter.)

I just need to figure out something for delay tech now.

the 3D actually catches forward roll, making your combo do overall more damage since the CT and other moves don't get prorated by both j.B AND 3D. 3D and j.B have the same proration but j.B has very little damage so it would be most optimal if only the 3D hits (I think it does like, 6.4K total with just the 3D starter.)

I just need to figure out something for delay tech now.

"Doing a UB setup on oki that stops roll, neutral, and delay neutral are limited to the one corner setup with 2D from the "You cant stop the beat" combo video. I manage to get it down consistently but it only works on characters who lack 50 for a DD or a DP. If Carl could stop all wake-up options and be safe... he would be very OP. Its a nice setup, but even then there is no purpose in rolling. Everyone knows niggas been stopped rolling since CS1 when people started making OS's for them. Rolling is a midscreen only tool. Do it in the corner and your asking to get hit.... and look very free. Rolling is never an option in the corner, im not really sure why that was even considered a thing. Point being, vs carl, you always delay neutral. Anyone with the least bit of carl experience knows this. There is only 1 UB setup that is legit and that is the Jb/3D setup from a standing opponent. Everything else is gimmicky and can be escaped fairly easy."

~Shiro

So you can taunt during OD combos:

5C(ground pickup)>j.B>j.2C8D>j.B>dj,B>j.C421D>Taunt~4D(2nd hit only)>623D>(Taunt ends)>3C>632146D

Brilliant if you want to make someone mad, and fitting.

carl's taunt sometimes says "not even worth my time" so if you get that taunt while doing the combo, its just perfect to get hatemail :v

Easiest setup is j.B+3C UB>CT>OD

some characters the 46D>j.C(whiff)>66j.ABA>j.2C>j.3A>j.A>j.B unblockble reset timing is iffy on.

i found an alright replacement. its not perfect and does't give you the safejump option but:

46D>j.C(whiff)>66j.ABA>j.2C~2D>j.B>j.A>2A works just as well if DPs aren't an issue.

The bonus for this setup though, if you land the 2A and 2D frame perfect, you can loop this setup. 2A+2D frame perfect doesn't float the opponent. 

2A+2D>5A>5B>2B>5C46D>j.C(whiff)>66>j.AB>j.2C~2D>j.AAA>2A

its infinite.

What's a good followup after a successful 2D in the corner, with and without meter?

With meter:

- 2D, CT, charge 6C, 46D, Lv2 6C, 5C, j.B, j.C, 623D, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.C, 8D, ender (requires 25 meter, 75 w/super ender)

- 2D, CT, 6B, charge 6C, 623D, Lv2 6C, j.2C, j.C, 46D, 5C,, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.214C, 8D, ender (same meter requirements as above, does slightly more damage but more difficult)

Without meter:

2D, 5C, j.B, j.C, 623D, j.2C, j.C, 46D, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.C, 8D, ender 

If you can get ~3.5k meterless and ~4-4.5k with CT, I'd say it's a good combo off 2D

So I found a neat little Kokonoe specific UB reset that's based on one of Itoh's combos. Although it's kind of hard, it's doable with enough practice and is handy for those who autopilot their confirms into Tenerezza.

For a N-starter combo (using 5B as a starter example): 5B> 2B> 5C> jump> 46D> airdash j.B> j.2C> j.B> j.C> microdash 2A> 5B> 2B> 6B (input 8D)> 6A> neutral jump> 8D hits> j.2C> j.AAB + 3D

I haven't tested this on others yet but it might even work on more characters...? 

off corner unblockable (3D+j.B)

3D+j.B>5C>sj.B>j.421CD>j.B>dj.B>j.C>]421D[>46D>5C>sj.B>j.2C6D>j.C>]6D[>5C>j.B>j.2C>j.B>dj.8BD>j.C>3C>421D(oki)>236B

Could you list out the order the moves are supposed to hit (just list the move names, disregard the extra inputs)? I can't really tell which moves are supposed to hit when since the notation's kind of unclear and some of the routes look awkward.

With meter:

- 2D, CT, charge 6C, 46D, Lv2 6C, 5C, j.B, j.C, 623D, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.C, 8D, ender (requires 25 meter, 75 w/super ender)

- 2D, CT, 6B, charge 6C, 623D, Lv2 6C, j.2C, j.C, 46D, 5C,, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.214C, 8D, ender (same meter requirements as above, does slightly more damage but more difficult)

Without meter:

2D, 5C, j.B, j.C, 623D, j.2C, j.C, 46D, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.C, 8D, ender 

If you can get ~3.5k meterless and ~4-4.5k with CT, I'd say it's a good combo off 2D

I'm practicing the meterless version and struggling with it.  What's the timing on brio following the first j.C in these?  The opponent keeps flying over my attempt to super jump 2C.  Am I jumping straight up on j.B, j.C and/or am I moving the doll away from Carl during this jump?

I'm practicing the meterless version and struggling with it.  What's the timing on brio following the first j.C in these?  The opponent keeps flying over my attempt to super jump 2C.  Am I jumping straight up on j.B, j.C and/or am I moving the doll away from Carl during this jump?

The first part of the combo is actually pretty flexible and the jump direction or Brio timing shouldn't matter too much, just make sure everything hits. As for the bolded part, it's not supposed to be a super jump 2C; it's just a regular jump 2C without the allecancel, input 46D and then j.C, which leads them to getting hit with 46D.

With that said, I just realized that you can replace j.2C, j.C, 46D with an easier path:

2D, 5C, j.B, j.C, 623D, 5C, j.B, j.C, 46D, 5C, sj.B, j.2C, j.B, JC, j.B, j.C, 8D, ender 

Give that one a try and tell me how it goes.

Could you list out the order the moves are supposed to hit (just list the move names, disregard the extra inputs)? I can't really tell which moves are supposed to hit when since the notation's kind of unclear and some of the routes look awkward.

3D+j.B>5C>j.B>j.2C>j.B>dj.B>j.C>421D>46D>5C>j.B>j.2C>j.C>6D>5C>j.B>j.2C>j.B>dj.B>j.C>8D>j.C/3C

and another fun thing based off of my unblockable that keeps opponents standing:

5A>5B>2B>5C>46D>j.C(whiff)>66>j.A,A,B>j.2C>j.A,A>(Reset here)2B+2D>5B>6B>6A>Anima+236B>2B>5B>6B>623C>421D>j.B>j.2C>j.B>dj.B>j.C>8D>3C>214214D

What's a good followup after a successful 2D in the corner, with and without meter?

- Without meter

2]D[, j2.C, 214C, 421]D[, IAD, j2.C, j.C, 46]D[, 5C, sj.B, j.B, j2.C, j.C, 8]D[.      3802 Dmg / 3C with Fermata 4926 Dmg/ 3C,OD,3C Arpeggio of Oblivion 5454 Dmg. 

2]D[, j.B, 214C, 623]D[, IAD, j2.C, j.C, 46]D[, 5C, sj.B, j2.C, j.C, 421]D[, 5C, sj.B, j.B, j2.C, j.C, 8]D[.      4451 Dmg / 3C with Fermata 5498 Dmg/ 3C,OD,3C Arpeggio of Oblivion 6045 Dmg. 

2]D[, j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, 623]D[, j2.C~Allecancel, j.B, j.C, 46]D[, 5C, sj.B, j2.C, j.C, 421]D[, j.B, j.2C, 214C, 8]D[. 4352 Dmg/ 3C with Fermata 5464 Dmg/ 3C,OD,3C Arpeggio of Oblivion 5961 Dmg. 

- With meter

2]D[, j.B, 214C, 623]D[,(land) 66, CT, 46]D[, 6C (lv2), 5C, sj.B, j2,C, j.B, j.B, j.C, 8]D[.      4819 Dmg / 3C with Fermata 5869 Dmg/ 3C,OD,3C Arpeggio of Oblivion 6413 Dmg.

2]D[, j2.C~Allecancel, 5C, 623]D[, CT, 46]D[, 6C (lv2) 5C, sj.B, j2.C, j.C, 421]D[, j2.C, 214C  8]D[.      5298 Dmg / 3C with Fermata 6348 Dmg/ 3C,OD, Arpeggio of Oblivion 6808 Dmg. 

2]D[, CT, 46]D[, 6C (lv2), 5C, 623]D[, j.B, j2.C, j.C, 421]D[, 5C, sj.B, j.B, j2.C, j.C, 8]D[.      5445 Dmg / 3C with Fermata 6500 Dmg/ 3C,OD,3C Arpeggio of Oblivion 7093 Dmg. 

*Nirvana turned off/on (optional).

Also, most of this combos can be followed after a 6B + 2]D[ (depending if the opponent flyupward or not). The dmg will be a little less after this UB.

What's the highest damaging corner throw combo Carl can do with 75% meter, OD and NCO? I'm at 6020 using: B+C > CT > 623D > 5C > j.B > j.C > 46D > 5C > j.B > j.B > j.C > 421D > 3C > OD > 3C > 632146D.

Is there a more optimized route, trying to get max damage wherever possible.

Late reply but if you really want to squeeze out every bit of damage:

Throw, CT, 623D, j.2C, j.C, 46D, j.2C allecan, sj.B, JC, j.B, j.2C, j.C, 421D, 3C, OD, 3C, 632146D deals 6113 damage

Not a huge difference though

Late reply but if you really want to squeeze out every bit of damage:

Throw, CT, 623D, j.2C, j.C, 46D, j.2C allecan, sj.B, JC, j.B, j.2C, j.C, 421D, 3C, OD, 3C, 632146D deals 6113 damage

Not a huge difference though

Ah yes, thanks. Knowing the optimal stuff when the time calls for it is super helpful, the +90 damage might actually mean the difference between a loss and a win.

Can't seem to get j.a>j.b>j.a>j2c to connect or j.a x4>j2c for that matter, on the last j.a going into j.2c I always hit the floor.  Does anyone know if this UB is still valid in 1.1?

1.1 combos are identical to 1.0 so the UB setups still work. Try pushing Ada into the opponent as you're doing the airdash string into j.2C. It's pretty much a must against characters with skinny hurtboxes such as Tsubaki and Litchi.

1.1 combos are identical to 1.0 so the UB setups still work. Try pushing Ada into the opponent as you're doing the airdash string into j.2C. It's pretty much a must against characters with skinny hurtboxes such as Tsubaki and Litchi.

Thanks man, I'll give it a try.

So I'm still a greenhorn in playing Carl Clover,  I was wondering what your guys's preferred method was in summoning Nirvana during a combo and having her do a move at the end of a combo.  

So far, I've come up with 5B+]D[>2>2B[D]>6B>623C>46D, then in theory I should be able to CT >IAD>J2C crosseup allecan>5C>etc.  to put me at N-O-C

I try 5B+]D[>2>2B+[D]>6B>623C>321D>dash under> 5C>etc. but it seems to work only against larger opponents.

This is also the same for AD jump ins, such as:

j.5B+]D[>2>j.2C+[D]>5B>5C>etc.

or 

j.5B+]D[>2>j.2C+[D]>J2C crosseup allecan>etc.

Anyone kind enough to reveal their trade secrets??

I long the day when I can do Carl Clover combos. Alas, I can't even do the most basic Carl + Ada combos. I think my problem is being able to still attack while holding down the D button to keep Ada active so that she can attack near the end. I figure it's easier to do it on an arcade stick instead of a game pad.