Pasky

Guilty Gear XX #Reload/Accent Core/Accent Core+ Collision Box Viewer

Apparently little eddie is considered a projectile.

N0UtC.jpg

uDZ07.jpg

8Hxrk.jpg

I thought I needed to add him because the overlay wouldn't show his hurt box, but the hooked version does. I guess I just left something out in the overlay version, either way it doesn't matter, he's working correctly and that's one less thing I have to do.

Edited by Pasky

Ah, got it working at 640x480?

Been trying to get it to run in PCSX2 but the overlay just crashes when I try to use it. I'm using the correct version as far as I can tell. Only difference between what you say to use and what I'm actually using is the resolution.

I'm not dead, just been very busy with work and school. I just caught up on a lot of PM's people have sent.

I would appreciate donations, but of course aren't required and hope no one feels obligated to do so but there have been times I wanted to contribute to someone who has done something for a community I was interested in. You can donate to me at xo_meli_ox (a.t.) yahoo.com and all donations are much appreciated and go towards my hobbies :) (my favorite being reverse engineering :) )

Edited by Pasky

This is magnificent tool! I finaly got a PC good enough to run PCSX2 and analyzing frames from FRAPS recordins is very interesting. For example. Potemkin's backdash was known to have 20F inv frames and 1F recovery, these were numbers from #re and they were not updated since. GGXXAC+ is however showing something different:

http://imgur.com/a/tRgzt#0

19F inv and 5F recovery!

I used this tool for some analysis in the past, and I got the feeling that it somehow rendered the hitbox data two frames faster than the actual game was moving at, but I wasn't able to confirm it. Your screenshots might show the same behavior (if so, maybe 3f vulnerable at the end of the dash, then two frames of his standing hitbox before he returns to standing?). The sprites update three frames after a collisions happens, instead of on the next frame, and so on. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it an isolated problem? Or am I simply mistaken?

Example sprites rendering slower than hitboxes at collisions: http://imgur.com/a/jsVEP#0

You can clearly see where the collision happens in the hitboxes, but the sprites don't update to match until two frames later.

I think it takes some time to render the hit spark and put the recieving player in reeling animation so while collision already happened - game only shows it after 2 frames.

Because 2F delay would be quite noticeable on fast moving moves

Edited by RoBoBOBR

After more testing the sprites seem to display everything 2F later then hitboxes shown by viewer. Maybe that's how GG engine operates? Stuff hapens and is calculated and 2F later rendered in sprites?

I'm well aware of that issue and it's a problem with the emulator not the hook. The emulator's memory is actually ahead of what is being drawn on screen so you'll see the box for the next frame on the previous frame. It's an issue with the emulator [...] It's a known issue

Quoted from a reply to an old PM asking about this issue, received after posting to this thread. According to which it has been posted before, although I'm not sure exactly where or I'd quote that instead ^^. But yeah, knowing that is rather important for doing analysis, and although a bit confusing during combos it's still very possible.

Hey, I tried to do this and followed all the steps, but it say that the ps2x executable wasn't running?

What does that mean? It definitely was running, so I am not sure what to do

Hey, I tried to do this and followed all the steps, but it say that the ps2x executable wasn't running?

What does that mean? It definitely was running, so I am not sure what to do

It means the hook couldn't find pcsx2.exe.

Perhaps you renamed it, or don't have admin privelages.

Will probably be re-writing this hook so it will not have any pre-requisites

Edited by Pasky

Hey Pasky, what setup did you use to get frame advance and 640x480 working with your hitbox viewer? Only frame advance PS2 emu I'm aware of is pcsx2-rr (which is crazy outdated and the viewer doesn't seem to recognize it).

I dunno if people are still watching this thread, but I can't get the viewer to work anymore. I'm using the same PCSX2 version and setup as when it did work but now I'm just getting Unhandled exceptions. I've tried everything, and downloaded everything that you are supposed to need but it keeps giving me the same error anyway. I got it to work with no issues last time, before I formatted my computer.

Or does it HAVE to be the JP version?

Edited by Kashou

I dunno what I did, but I also can't get it to work anymore. I've tried several different revisions, but nothin'.