Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty

[CP] Amane Nishiki Q&A Thread

I'm trying my hand at unlimited mars path C with him.  So far I have trouble maintaining my drill gauge up and effectively locking down the opponent.  Any tips on how to take of this mode with him?

I'm not sure I can be of much help, but I was essentially attempting the same thing and have gotten as far as round 8 (Hazama) so I can provide some notes regarding this. 

In most cases I found that using Hariken and 6D works to your disadvantage, since the CPU always instant blocks which gives it meter for Distortions. If you're playing is on point you can avoid getting hit, but a Distortion often resets your momentum even if you block. The CPU AI also always barriers so it would seem like an obvious choice to abuse that, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Instead, you can use empty Hariken stance to raise your Drill without giving the opponents free meter, or neutral activate overdrive. However, with the exception of Tao and Valkenhayn you sorta don't really even need to be using drills at all.

Bang you can CH with 3C at the start and OTG with 5B for a pickup BNB. From there you can push him into the corner and go for Gekiren loops. He almost always gets hit by meaties, so from far away you can catch him with meaty 2C into whatever, and from up close you can do 5B into whatever. Midscreen you just have to play cautiously, he is overly aggressive so you can catch him from afar or block and punish. Only thing to watch out for is when up close if he guard points you need to react accordingly. If he guards 5A you can beat him with 5B, and if he guards 5B you can beat him with 3C for a CH into pickup bnb, if he guards j.B you can zettou or doublejump, etc. Well, the other thing to watch out for is when he has meter and overdrive active, don't get grabbed.

Tao you can just 2D anti-air her all day. It's much easier to do on reaction than 6A or 5A or 5B or whatever. Just react to Tao's IADs and do 2D into empty Hariken stance for drill meter. If 2D does CH you can hold the Hariken stance until she emergency techs on the ground, and if it does not CH then you can stance cancel immediately and be safe. Once you're at lv.3 Drill you can do 2D CH into Gekiren or a Zettou into j.6D into fancy combos. There's really nothing to this match other than patiently anti-airing her and avoiding her Distortions.

Bullet can hurt you bad if you jump. Her anti-air grab Snap Hands Fist is too good, and if she's heated up it'll hurt so much because of the damage boosted combo she does. You can typically start the round with 2B 3C Raibu and then meaty her with 2C 5C 3C Raibu to put her in the corner, then from there it's a matter of maintaining your momentum. While she's in the corner you can attempt meaty 5B hitconfirm 3C into Gekiren loops or you can do Drill shenanigans, but the main things to be careful of is her wakeup command grab Cutting Sheer and wakeup backdash. Midscreen is a little spotty, unfortunately I haven't found a good solution for a blocked Drive, she has frame advantage so you basically have to either react well or guess. On the bright side if you get hit by her Drive then she usually spends her heat levels, then immediately does her After Burner, this move has guard point during the animation but also has a CH'able recovery so you can dash in for a CH 2C 5C 3C Raibu and then go for more meaty 2C. She's essentially like Bang except you just can't jump around.

Tager can kill you if he gets his hands on you, so don't get near him. Fishing for while-rising CH j.C seems effective, you can do a partial BnB ending in Gosei off a CH j.C. But timing is important because Tager spams Spark Bolts everywhere. You can usually do a 3C for a CH at the start of the round for a full BnB and from there either meaty 2Cs or while rising j.Cs. It's really risky getting point blank so back off if you corner him. Midscreen you can just bait out Spark Bolts then use your C attacks to fish for hits. Use Zettou to get away if he uses his Overdrive Distortion where he falls from the sky.

Makoto is kind of spotty, if you corner her then it's a relatively easy win and if you don't corner her then you might just be screwed. You can usually hit her by starting off with 5B as it covers ground and air, but she can be random sometimes. I don't have any particular strategy here other than knock her down and keep pressure going until she's dead. The same 2C meaty strat works on her as it does for Bang/Bullet/Tager but you need to really hitconfirm because if you drop anything she can bulldoze you. If you have something on her then I'd like to hear it.

Tsubaki is a pushover. She only gets scary if she Installs, at which point you probably want to back off. But other than that you can just fight her like a normal CPU AI opponent (she really sucks).

Valkenhayn is a real jerk once he has wolf meter. You can activate Overdrive right away to get yourself up to Lv.3 Drill and try to maintain it, it's very useful in this fight. His AI seems a lot more random than the others so you basically have to do what you can to gain momentum and keep it until he has Wolf meter, then you need to try and block everything. But from what I've experienced so far his Distortions are not as scary as the others, so going all in with Drills is worth it. The most obnoxious thing about this fight though is the fact that when he is able to wolf then he can and will morph out of hitstun into an invulnerable wolf back-hop. Therefore you can't do anything laggy or telegraphed when he has wolf or he will either beat it or wolf cancel and punish. He will even do this while getting hit mid-combo so keep an eye on his meter. I recommend just practicing specifically against him in versus mode so you get a feel for his moves in general.

Hazama is basically like Bullet, don't jump or you'll die (especially if he has meter). you can't barrier block his Drive in the air, it's air unblockable period, so stay grounded unless you're in his blind spot. Another annoying thing about him is 3C CH pickups don't seem to work on him, unless I'm just bads. But yeah this is as far as I've got so GL HF bye, 

Here's a video to see how to do Amane's Challenge #30

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22110971

So, this doesn't seem to exist anymore.  And there is nothing else on the entire internet discussing how to do Amane's Challenge 30.

Amanes, I need your help!

How do you do Amane's 30th Challenge? 

And a simple text description should be fine, but if anyone who's done it already wants to hit "Demonstration" and record that, that would be swell too.

Thanks guys!

So, this doesn't seem to exist anymore.  And there is nothing else on the entire internet discussing how to do Amane's Challenge 30.

Amanes, I need your help!

How do you do Amane's 30th Challenge?

And a simple text description should be fine, but if anyone who's done it already wants to hit "Demonstration" and record that, that would be swell too.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: You can see a demonstration of a possible solution at 1:09 in this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22826618

Looks like, with level 3 drill whiff a Hariken-B behind the opponent, push them into it with 5B(3) 5D then link 2B 2D Zettou-A j.6D land 5B(1) 5C(2) 6C(1) activate overdrive 3C OD-Kaizoku immediate RC dash Zettou j.Zettou airdash land 6D

Not sure if the 2B is necessary, can probably be omitted. The video that's been made private had two different solutions but the concept was the same, so maybe you can play around with it. 

EDIT: You can see a demonstration of a possible solution at 1:09 in this video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22826618

Looks like, with level 3 drill whiff a Hariken-B behind the opponent, push them into it with 5B(3) 5D then link 2B 2D Zettou-A j.6D land 5B(1) 5C(2) 6C(1) activate overdrive 3C OD-Kaizoku immediate RC dash Zettou j.Zettou airdash land 6D

Not sure if the 2B is necessary, can probably be omitted. The video that's been made private had two different solutions but the concept was the same, so maybe you can play around with it. 

It worked!  Thanks!  And I used 2B, though apparently the computer demo didn't. But I think it's easier to use it, and it obviously doesn't matter either way.

And for the record, for spacing I just did 236B from the starting position, and did a couple 236Ds right where I landed. Once the drill level hit 3, it was combo time.

And thanks again!

Thanks Xenozip thats exactly what I was looking for!! Still hard as nails, but I'll keep trying.  Keep us posted if you find other tech we can use in Unlimited Mars

Thanks Xenozip thats exactly what I was looking for!! Still hard as nails, but I'll keep trying.  Keep us posted if you find other tech we can use in Unlimited Mars

Edit: This is sort of outdated information now. Let me know if you (or anyone) wants updated information.

Man, time really flies, hehe. At the moment I think I have found some useful things including a more consistent way of beating Valkenhayn. At the moment I've completed all four Unlimited Mars courses (A Course through the unlockable D Course).

The major thing I found with Valkenhayn is an AI pattern where, when he has max Wolf gauge, he will do a basic attack string into Geschwind/Rasen Wolf dashes. If you back yourself into the corner he generally will do diagonal rushes (like wolf-9) and then land right at your feet -- you can then throw him into the corner and go into your Gekiren loops. This is important because it does not seem like he can unmorph/morph out of throws or command throws like he can with normal hits, nor can he tech the throw while in wolf form. Additionally, while in wolf form he sometimes activates his super-armor Distortion and the only way to break it is to allow his gauge to deplete or to throw him. So, as long as you're able to block him with your back in the corner you're almost guaranteed a throw into Gekiren (and possibly a loop after that). Aside from that exploitable attack string, I also found that Valkenhayn is overly aggressive and therefor random Gosei and random j.2B will often hit him out of whatever he's doing, just about any time he tries to move forward, and since both attacks knock down they allow you to start pressure.

Thus the gameplan for Valkenhayn that seems consistent is simply: use Gosei or j.2B to knock him down midscreen, activate overdrive and use level 3 5D to pressure/chip/etc, if you fail to kill him before he has full wolf gauge then back yourself into the corner and block then throw him on his way down from wolf (Gekiren off the throw into corner, etc).

As for everyone else, I've figured out mostly consistent ways to beat them except for Mu, who always feels like a potluck. My general plan with her was always to try and kill her before she can attack, and if she does get a chance to attack then back off and block her laser that sprays in a fan-shape then try to mash out a 5C before the next wave of lasers come. But it's a potluck because if she doesn't throw herself face-first into 5C then I'm not sure what you're supposed to do. Fortunately she faceplants herself into it much more often than not.

Incidentally the last fight in Course D is Ragna, who I was expecting to be a pain but he turned out to be extremely underwhelming. The real problem-chars (imo) are just in Course B.

Overall it's my opinion that all four courses are doable by Amane, you just have to really exploit bad AI patterns and Gekiren loops in the corner. The main things that help Amane are his consistent knockdowns and corner Gekirens.

How do you do j2B low enough to land instead of bounce? Do you just have to hit 82 really fast and I'm not doing that, or is there a trick to it?

BB: CP newb here so bare with me. I've seen a few videos with Arukemi beasting on guys and whenever his opponent traps him in the corner it looks like he's able to get in a standing medium real quick as a "Get the fuck off me" move. Is this move consistent for pitbulls or is it character specific or? Can't believe I said standing medium as if this shit's SF, lol. 

Does Amane have an option if his opponent jumps out of a 6D set-up after being Lv. 2 drilled? I noticed a lot of times my opponent will simply recover from the stun, jump, and dash backward to avoid 6D.

Level 2 drill? Do you mean the special stance that goes into drill (236D)? If you want to prevent them to jump, just hop from 5D into j.B. That or cancel hariken in D followup and into 5C. The last one is most likely to only beat jumping and again if they do not barrier in the air. But aside from cancelling 6D if you already committed to it, you don't have much

Yeah that's what I meant. I'll get my opponent with Lv. 2 drill straight into 236D~B. Sometimes my opponent will recover from the drill and quickly jump and dash away to avoid Hariken B drill. Was thinking 6C would be ideal if they keep jumping and airdashing backwards away from me. Sorry my BB vocabulary isn't up to par yet haha.

6C being slower might not catch a jump out, will allow them more time to barrier, has a stronger recovery, they can also dash and it'll whiff entirely. TL:DR; Higher commitment for a slightly higher reward than 5C air hit. It is an option, but it's a gamble

Also don't worry about "BB vocabulary" not being on par. If you express something a way someone else doesn't recognize... it's not your fault or the other person's fault. From there all that's needed is to clarify what we're actually talking about. Although, if you're interested in expanding your range of concepts/terms, the dustloop wiki page about notation and glossary should be a pretty good read, even beyond blazblue

you get a nice chunk of damage heat and corner carry from air hit 5c if im not mistaken, 3.5k at the least and I believe goes up to 4k meterless, this is disregarding lv3 drill which can take this up to 5k easily if that is ever a scenario.

its better to go for in this not only because of 6c needing near perfect prediction and accuracy. it is one of his safest scarves to whiff, next to j6c in my opinion, but is more useful than j6c. in general though, the mixup situation from 5b is to 236d b hariken for respectful immediate tech or no tech players. 236d d 5c for those jump happies, and 236dd 236a jb for general up close, will reset pressure. each has their strengths and loses rather significantly to something the other option(s) will beat. if youre not sure id do the hop either going back or forward. or both because he can do that, too.

there are more options, like immediate 6d after stance cancel, 214a jc whatever, 236d delay d dash 5b to catch dashes or aggressive jumps... be creative. but the main few are the three above.

you get a nice chunk of damage heat and corner carry from air hit 5c if im not mistaken, 3.5k at the least and I believe goes up to 4k meterless, this is disregarding lv3 drill which can take this up to 5k easily if that is ever a scenario.

3.6k iirc correctly with a knockdown, 5k with drill, 4.3k max damage meterless with no drill (no knockdown as well)

Good stuff fellas! I'm slowly picking up effective strats for Amane thanks to you guys here. But for now I'm playing it safe and playing keep-away with him before I can effectively play rush-down like Sendatsu or Shadow. Yikes! 0_o

I guess my other question is, I occasionally come across a Carl player, which is practically rare online, and I noticed Amane's drill was having little to basically no affect at all to his puppet whenever he'd input a command for her. Like his drill would be connecting but whatever move she's doing would still be active and connect if I don't stop my drill in time. Am I just seeing things or does this damn puppet have special properties when trading hits with Amane's drills? 

She is projectile invulnerable. Any of Amane's drill moves are considered projectile, so she'll just act through them. It's hard to tag her with a drill for what you get. One good thing is to abuse 5C on the doll, you can cancel into the hop, stance cancel, it stops her on certain moves. 5C has a fairly low recovery and Carl's mobility makes it hard for him to punish that move. It's possible for him to get in your face, but still a very good tool to deal with the doll.

Yeah that's what I meant. I'll get my opponent with Lv. 2 drill straight into 236D~B. Sometimes my opponent will recover from the drill and quickly jump and dash away to avoid Hariken B drill. Was thinking 6C would be ideal if they keep jumping and airdashing backwards away from me. Sorry my BB vocabulary isn't up to par yet haha.

Rather old post, But, If your opponent is continuously jumps > backdashes after drill, Simply doing 623C should catch them, And if you have 50% heat, You can rapid and follow up with a combo possible of reaching 4k+,  nya.

So, who exactly IS Amane, as far as the story is concerned?

forgive me if that's already been answered, I just don't have the time to look through the internet right now. :(

Amane is an observer just like Rachel. It is also strongly hinted at that he is also immortal (or at the very least doesnt age) because Bullet knew him from a very young age and claims he looks exactly the same as when she first met him. Towards the end of the story, Rachel calls Amane "Uzume". If you arent already aware, BB is full of Shinto folklore. Uzume is the Shinto Goddess of Joy, Happiness, and Dancing. In Shinto folklore, Amaterasu (Shinto Goddess of the Sun) hid herself in a cave and brought eternal darkness to the world. It was Uzume who brought Amaterasu back with her dance. Not sure how this is going to relate to the BB story, but it gives clues that he may or may not play a bigger role later down the road.