Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARD_BREAD

[CPEX] Relius Clover Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Rules:

• Act mature. Casual talk is welcome but no immature posts. Follow forum rules.
  • Respect other players. If someone labels something wrong don't be rude and insult. Nicely state the correction needed.
  • No image attachments. Use a image host like imageshack if you need to post a image.

If you want to read up on the loketest changes you can check it out here.

As release data comes in i'll update this post.

Overdrive:

Maxim Dance [マキシムダンス] = Increases Ignis Gauge recovery.
    • 4D launches higher, doesn't wall bounce/stick. [Need release build confirmation]
    • Val Lanto (214A) is faster, causes slide. [Need release build confirmation]
    • Val Tus (214C) has wall stick. [Need release build confirmation]

Movelist:

Specials
    • Led Ley [レド・リー] (236A)
    • Gad Leis [ガド・レイス] (41236B) = New Move. Swiss army knife looking attack, 2 hit, that vacuums the opponent closer. Doesn't use Ignis.
    • Id Lauger (Aerial Possible) [イド・ロイガー] (236C)
      • Id Haas [イド・ハース] (214A after Id Lauger)
      • Id Naiads [イド・ナイア] (214B after Id Lauger) = Can now be done on ground like his BBEX Unlimited had.

[*]Val Lanto [バル・ラント] (214A)

[*]Val Lyra [バル・ライア] (214B)

[*]Val Tus [バル・テュース] (214C) = Now has tracking? [Need release build confirmation]

[*]Bel Lafino [ベル・ラフィーノ] (j.214B)

[*]Geara Lugia [ギラ・ルギア] (22A/B/C) = New Move. Scissor-like attack that comes out of the ground similar to Eddie's drills from Guilty Gear. Button input changes distance. Doesn't use Ignis.

[*]Geara Act [ギラ・アクト] (236D)

[*]Geara Nose [ギラ・ノーズ] (214D)

Distortions

[*]Req Vinum [レク・ヴィノム] (23663214C) = Input changed from being 632146C. OD version looks to have Ignis doing something. [Need release build confirmation]

[*]Vol Tedo [ボル・テード] (632146D)

[*]Duo Bios [デュオ・ヴァイオス] (236236D)

Astral Heat

[*]The Puppeteer's Altar (214214D)

To all the Relius players. Toasty and I are passing the torch to HARD_BREAD. Toasty ran off to work on Amane's section and I'm working on improving the whole forum. So we wanted someone to take over the section and continue to give it the treatment it deserves. I'll still be checking into the section every so often and will be contributing with combos once the game hits console. So everyone please welcome HARD_BREAD and give him that nice family respect. :3

1. I thought kurushii/toasty were gonna drop Relius :o

2. How is Relius looking now (in comparison to his son). I know he was slightly lack luster in csex, but was/is such a cool and evil character. I noticed they allow Ignis to recharge faster and less of the blue gauge whenever anything hit him.

Their matchup is probably the same case of Long Range = Relius is better (even more so thanks to Lugia which gives Relius a long range tool without Ignis), Close range = Carl is better and middle range is pretty even all around.

I really love how Val Tus will move to wherever the opponent is before doing the slashes rather than just do em and move a set distance, well worth the damage nerf it got.

If mid range was even before, Carl probably has advantage on it now. His 5C is jump cancellable on block, and La tenerrezza (new ada move) has a vacuum, longer reach than 6D and just about as fast as Volante on start up. Not to mention it forces standing on hit, so Carl will hit you with that j.B/3D unblockable everytime now. Keep him at range. I really want to see this new zoning style I keep hearing about for relius though. Kinda revived my interest in him.

I meant more as a character rather than a matchup. They work similarly but I feel like Carl does almost everything better outside of maybe 75%-full screen zoning.

If mid range was even before, Carl probably has advantage on it now. His 5C is jump cancellable on block, and La tenerrezza (new ada move) has a vacuum, longer reach than 6D and just about as fast as Volante on start up. Not to mention it forces standing on hit, so Carl will hit you with that j.B/3D unblockable everytime now. Keep him at range. I really want to see this new zoning style I keep hearing about for relius though. Kinda revived my interest in him.

I wouldn't call it pure zoning, he just has a new tool to keep opponents away while regaining doll meter or giving him a way to get in if he's too far after a j.214B or j.236C. Overall speed increase kinda helps him too. Relius' game as a whole is pretty much the same with the addition of Leith and Geara making doll management a lot easier. I don't think everyone should be too hype off of geara, assuming it gives Relius a true zoning style.

From what you guys have seen so far, how do you think Relius is doing? Is he better/ worse/ around the same as EX Relius? I recently got around to picking up CS EX and I wish I picked it up sooner because Relius is too damn fun lol.

Relius looks really solid in CP, some are saying he's high tier (early speculation obv.. But he's looking pretty strong).

The buffs really help him out in everything, and his pressure is just nasty now..

Wasnt really planning on playing Relius anymore once CP hits but after seein some matches he looks he'll be alot of fun to mess around with and troll people.

Well I'm happy to hear that, he did look awesome from what I've seen. Not a fan of them changing the input of the gear DD but whatever, small gripe.

I know CP is the new hotness, and I apologize for being so late to the EX party, but are there any general tips for piloting Relius? I said he was fun early but boooooooooooy do I suck with him.

I have a problem "opening people" up with Relius, and I don't really know the best times to summon Ignis.

From what you guys have seen so far, how do you think Relius is doing? Is he better/ worse/ around the same as EX Relius? I recently got around to picking up CS EX and I wish I picked it up sooner because Relius is too damn fun lol.

He is definetely way better in CP, he is even considered top tier by some japanese players. He is faster, can do more damage without Ignis compared to Extend and Ignis moves seem faster. Val Tus is faster and tracks the opponent and Val Lanto comes out faster.

This is some tier list according to some japanese players posted on Tsubaki Thread. Don't take them too much into account because the game has been released only on 21th November. So it could change later.

S+:Jin Tao Hazama

S:Hakumen Litchi Valken Relius

A+:μ・ Azrael

A:Platinum Ragna Carl Nu

B:Arakune Bullet Rachel Tsubaki Tager

C:Makoto Noel Amane Bang

S:Tao Jin Hazama Litchi

A:Hakumen Valkenhyne μ Relius Azrael

B:Rachel Tsubaki Tager Platinum Ragna Carl Nu Arakune bullet

C:Makoto Noel Amane Bang

That tier list seems legit. I've only really seen Relius have trouble against Jin Litchi and Nu in CP. I still think it's too early...maybe another month. @Jocelot: opening up your opponent with Relius is all about being comfortable with using Ignis instinctively and conditioning your opponent to block the wrong way. Mix up you pressure when on the offensive; cover gaps with Ignis; empty jump for high/low with Ignis covering you. Doll control is key on offense or defense. Don't be afraid to use Ignis outside of combos, many beginner Relius' hoard meter and pay for it. If you watch lots of match videos you'll notice that the best Relius players are the ones who use Ignis in many situations outside of just combos. Summoning is up to good judgement; take advantage of your opponent respecting your pressure (summon/retract), opponent not on the offensive and you have space? (summon/retract); You have frame advantage? (summon/retract). Check out the later vids in the old EX thread for ideas, compare them to your play and eliminate any bad habits.

I know CP is the new hotness, and I apologize for being so late to the EX party, but are there any general tips for piloting Relius? I said he was fun early but boooooooooooy do I suck with him.

I have a problem "opening people" up with Relius, and I don't really know the best times to summon Ignis.

I think it is easier to open people up with Relius and Ignis active.

As Hard_Bread said, you need to know how to use Ignis for Frame traps, pressure and defence too. When you are pressuring Relius best moves are 5B (fast hit confirm), 2B (not that fast but hit low and pretty far) 3C (fast 9F startup, it is jump cancellable even on block).

Ignis moves; 6D is her best move, fast can beat lot of characters trying to press during your blockstrings. 2D is good too but it consumes 2k of the Ignis health, at least it lock the opponent down. Don't use it too much though, better use 6D. In the air, you can use j2D (vs a character on ground) or j6D or j8D (to beat your opponent in air).

Last thing, learn how to use Ignis efficiently and how to cancel Relius 3C into the jump dash jB > jC (jump wait a bit and then dash jB>jC, pretty close to the ground). After that you will open people so easily. Good luck.

Lot of new RYO (top ranked Relius) in the OgreLive vids jourdal put up. Maybe I'm forgetting, but 6c didn't used to launch on ground hit right? Cause it does in CP it seems. I also see nobody using the 6b>6c combo route which I always felt was one of his best options.

Yeah 6C definitely didn't launch in EX. I've been playing alot of EX recently.

But yeah that Relius player is something else, he makes it look so easy lol.

Yo everyone !

First of all, I have to thank you for the good work you do in this Relius part of the forum.

Let's go for the hot stuff now ! Do you guys have an idea if shadow still plays with Relius or he will definitely stays with amane ? He is my fav' Relius player in extend, I learnt a lot from him and he does wonder with amane now. I'd love to see how he plays Relius with the changes. We still have Ryo and Tori at least.

Anyway, I'm excited, I love the changes and particulary the overall speed boost on Ignis. The 22x seems to help too in a couple of match ups or to have a better okizieme :). Sad point though... that overhead is still so damn slow. Come on arcsiy, how can you give Azrael something like 50 extremly fasts overheads with combo as a reward and let Relius' one the way it is right now : slow, unsafe, without a proper reward if it hits :-/.

In advance, sorry for my english, I do my best ;). The world isn't american, don't forget about that before to yell on me :p.

Looking like Shadow is sticking with Amane or Azrael rather than Relius atm. We get enough RYO footage though that I'm not too sad about that. 6a was honestly never that big a deal to me, usually got more hits with the generic low airdash or empty jump mixup along with frame trapping into CH 6d.

I also see nobody using the 6b>6c combo route which I always felt was one of his best options.

6B>6C was taken away from Relius for CP.

Well that would explain it lol. Kinda sad about that but whatever. Now I wonder if gad leith will connect on grounded opponents and if so after which moves. We've only really seen it used to juggle and normally only after a 6c so far.