Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARD_BREAD

[CPEX] Relius Clover Gameplay Discussion

If anybody got tips on doing 632146D and 23663214C supers please tell me, I can't help but fail those supers most of the time (especially gear super) outside of combos when I could do them just fine in EX to react to stuff ;_;.

And why don't we have "#1 dad" under "Relius Clover" in char subforum yet :(.

23663214C was honestly the biggest nerf we got imo. I mean, ignis meter gain was changed so many ways, I can't say its that bad, but having to stop blocking to put in the stupid long input for the one crappy reversal we have, its better to stick with CA's which I also have a difficult time with. 632146D... i dunno, I have failed in doing it before, but I feel like it was from panicking.

Double post, meh... we are like the most inactive group of players xD aaaaanyway

Does anyone have or use any interesting RC uses for mixup? I want more ways of opening people up, though lately I've been forgetting crossup j.2D and have been using 6A more. Really should combine those but still, any ideas?

Well you can use it on rising J.C like valk does to extend pressure... pretty much everything non Id lauger that a RC could do is covered by ignis.

But speaking of Id Lauger and mixup, I sometimes use it and 2D at the same time to hide 2D's hot pink hook and distract from Ignis' pose to fool the opponent into thinking they can punish Id Lauger or stop guarding. Even if they keep guarding 2D drags them back into pressure.

If I had to do investigations on RC and mixup, I'd start with uses of 41236B->RC->stuff or 22A/B/C->RC->stuff.

I'd always dreamed of Relius j.C RC fuzzies... sadly its not instant. I just always have a lot of heat if I'm not the one losing, and yeah, I know I could go for Ignis-less RC combos, but that still requires Ignis to mixup beforehand.

The reason why I was askin about RC mixup though is cuz a lot of people are smart enough to just block everything till you have no Ignis left, since if Ignis is available, you're pretty safe anyways.

Hmm... in case anyone was curious, I finally just went ahead and bought all unlimited characters. Biggest thing I'd love if we could get it... arial nose. That move seems like it'd be so much more useful at controlling space if you could put it in the air. Other changes (from normal, not past UNL) include:

-j.B gives comboable ground bounce on air hit

-j.C hits twice and reverse gatlings to j.B

-3C untechable

-214A (lauger followups included) are multi hit

-214B (lyra) has belial edge-esque followup that pulls them towards you

-j.214B (lafino) tracks and gives untechable knockdown

-22x no longer does damage, puts target in long stagger, even on air hit

-41236B much faster startup, can be used practically whenever

-214C has 5 hits

-214D usable in the air, has 2 hits and causes small groundbounce

->214B (Naidas) is 2 hits and gives large, comboable ground bounce

-new OD DD, don't know the inputs, just that it exists xD;

So I found a fun little way to reset after getting someone in Duo Bios. It all started when I was finding a way to combo finish with it. Normally I'd simply push the opponent to the corner and pick up with 2C->6C->22A->4D->3C->optional tedo, but then it happened... I did 2 5C's while duo Bios was hitting the opponent, I then proceeded with the usual pick up of 2C->6C->22A, but the opponent teched right before the 22A and they got smacked with an unblockable 4D for a reset I didn't even expect.

I find it's super effective because the opponent is distracted by the whiffed 22A, I have yet to not have this reset work. Also on the off chance you mess up the combo time stuff the worst that will happen is that it'll just combo normally into 4D->3C.

You sure do love those resets xD the only thing I dislike about 4D resets are the conversion back to oki. I guess you could just use 22A for knockdown at the end, but still.

One thing I was wondering is how others input 3C>6D>j.B in order to keep it safe from bursts until picking up the combo. Do you just do 9>[4]B to block untol then?

I think so, but by the time you hit 3c most opponents have already bursted...

you can hold back but there will be at least one frame of you holding forward for 6d. great because if done perfectly you will almost always block a burst during this time. but not being perfect means you technically could eat it.

that is the correct method. its a matter of execution pretty much, and even then it could still fail. l guess the point l am making is not expecting it to 100% work even when done 'perfectly'

Once I get a hitbox (if ever) I think it'd be alot easier since I could hold back the entire time. Then I will climb the latter closer to Ryo tier! Pretty unrealistic xD though being able to block and bait bursts is a start.

one could always do something like 3C->236A->6D if they wanted perfect burst safeness. but I'm not sure if that's comboable ATM. Someone should get to work on burst safe Relius combos, they ought to exist...

he has burst routes. in terms of combos its really after certain hits that involve ignis attacking and relius in neutral. this only happens during certain hits and/or ch without ignis. ignis usually needs to be out.

things like 5d 6d, 3c ch/3c jump 6d, corner 4d combos, 214c combos etc... burst safe parts.

3c 236a 6d does not have enough hitstun to link anything afterwards. maybe point blank 5a.

Yeah, I just tested that =P. I was a fool to dream...

So has anyone gotten the combo shown at 2:00 in this video down?

If so can you help me with the nuances behind it? I can't seem to pick up after Id Naiads, ether I hit too late or they tech immediately after my 5B...

Also, what IS the 7K route? =3

That one I sent you through PM, but I suppose I should post it in the combo thread. Just replace 6A with 5B and bam, 6915 damage.

Honestly though, since the 22C>2D path works on valk, I dunno why that specific combo would be needed. The 22C>2D path gives more damage, more carry, and less ignis.

Part of me wants to learn the combo to be stylish, another part wants people to not be certain that naiads is the end of a midscreen combo. The more my opponent second guesses themselves the better.

Is that combo Valk only??

Sooo... in our revlusive corner I'll go ahead and start our silent discussion.

Jump 6D, 2D, 8D – Increased P1 (Initial Proration).

Gado Leis – On air hit, it causes a ground bounce while pulling the opponent in.

Bel Lafino – Can now longer be emergency teched on counter hit.

Duo Bios – Decreased hit stop.

Nothing but buffs? I'm happy (duo bios hitstop nerf means nothing lol).

Crossups are gonna possibly reward us with 4k midscreen combos (most ones I've done give 3.6k so its not a huge stretch). Using gad leis I feel will be a bit easier on the timing since it sounds like the hits will link better. It also makes sure that they don't bounce over you in the corner at the least. Lafino is a rewarding AA bait now supposedly, and when combined with OD Lafino can really give us a great way of getting in. Last one is really negligible, but its there. I guess the timer won't run as long, so you can maaaaybe do a slightly better combo after.