Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HARD_BREAD

[CP] Relius Clover Combo Thread

No, it's not that you're too close, it's that the opponent is too high because you're not properly delaying the cancel into 6C. 2C has enough untechable time that you can delay the 6C quite a bit. If you do it right you'll be able to always hit that combo. Also if your delaying it properly you have the option of doing the UB setup off of 6C (they won't tech before hitting the ground.)

You can also delay the 41236B just a hair to help. And if you are a little bit away the timing is easier, but you're gonna wanna practice that delay anyway.

Lol Lich teachin me a nice trick in Relius mirror.

Apparently 2C>astral works. Never knew the untech was enough for that. Same with 2C>6C, but that feels more natural to me. You couls take the basic midscreen path and do this.

5B>3C>6D>j.B>2C>6C/astral>astral.

Can astral from:

...>3C, ...>6B(preferably when they are grounded because of height), ..>2C (when they are airborne/sliding from haas followup), ...>6C, ...>5C(1)/5C on crouched opponent

counter hit:

6A,5B,2B,5C,2C

Pretty much the same as extend but easier because of time system + not using bursts.

(+ of course grab) (air grab>2C/3C or air grab>OD>j.C>2C) etc

For this one every time I do the 41236B into 5B they always end up going over to the other side....any tips on keeping them in the corner? I've tried delaying the 41236B and even delaying the 5B. I think got them to stay in the corner once haha :)

thanks

Delay both the 6C after 2C and the 41236B cancel after 6C. It'll keep them low enough to have your 5B 5C(2) hit and that your 4D will launch them low enough for you to 3C at the end. Also 4D has to hit at the same time as the second hit of 5C.

When was the first post wiped clean? I was just getting into Relius yesterday and thought to look for the combos I think I saw in there but oh, how empty it was :D

Thanks for these you guys have put up.

First post has been blank, I assume hard_bread has been quite busy lately and hasn't had a chance to update.

Round finisher (or just to look flashy)

5B>3C>632146D>RC>OD>2C>6C>41236B>5B>6B>j.B>j.236C>j.214B [4682/7%/2000 IG]

All the unburstable damage

Air Grab combo for just a bit more damage:

j.B+C>Falling j.C>2C>6C>63214B>5B>6B>j.B>j.236C>j.214B

Nets 3128 damage, 22 heat

When you super jump cancel the 6B make sure you do it straight up, if you are too close the Id Lauger whiffs.

Also for those wanting a lolzy corner combo on Tager:

[5B>5C(1)>6D>j.B] x3 >5B>5C(2)>236C>214B.

Nets 3k, totally impractical but just a funny combo to know XD

Edit: Not Tager specific, just a super lol combo XD

If you don't have enough Ignis meter for the j.214B > xx route, you can always go for the 41236B > xx > geara lugia route. For example:

(corner) 5B > 3C > 236C > 214A > 41236B > 5B > 6B > j.236C > delay 2C > 6C > 22A > 4D > 3C.

DMG: 3950, 28 heat.

You can end that combo with 22A if you're really dying on the ignis, there's enough time to desummon and go for a meaty grab, so I'm sure there's other things you can do as well. Note that if the proration is like really bad, they'll be able to air tech 22A

214B combo, easy to confirm off CH from fullscreen

[25%]214B>5AB>5B>3C>j.B>2C>6C>41236B>5B>6B>sj.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>66 [3925/17%/3000IG]

Easy confirm into CT midscreen, a bit less damage.

[25%]5B>6D>5B>3C>6D>5AB>665B>2C>6C>41236B>5B>6B>sj.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>66 [3814/17%/3600IG]

Note, if execution is messin with ya, 3C>6D>5AB is a 3C special cancel, don't wait lol. Technically input is 3C>5AB>6D

Stylish win combo xD. 50% HP OD cancel

5B>3C>cOD>2C>214A>214B>OD632146D [4203/17%/4000(5500)IG]

50% hp is only necessary for OD 632146D. You can do regular for about 3700 damage

Highest damage I could get so far

[60%]214C(1)>5AB>(214C)>5B>3C>236C>214A>5C>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>j.B>2C>6C>4D>3C>cOD>3C>OD632146D [6611/16%/7000(5500)IG]

Updated midscreen OD 100% combo

5B>3C>cOD>2C>214A>66>5C>236C>214A>665C(1)>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>j.B>2C>6C>4D>3C [4464/32%/4500(6000)IG]

I have been trying to figure out the general combo path of 3C 6D j.B 2C 6C 41236B, and a lot of the time the 41236B only hits once and drops the combo. Before I spend hours trying to figure out why this happens and how to prevent it, I figured maybe someone on here might already know and could save me the trouble :sweat:

I have been trying to figure out the general combo path of 3C 6D j.B 2C 6C 41236B, and a lot of the time the 41236B only hits once and drops the combo. Before I spend hours trying to figure out why this happens and how to prevent it, I figured maybe someone on here might already know and could save me the trouble :sweat:

You'll have to play around with the timing/delay of 6D/2C/6C/632146B.

3C>6D has quite the leeway between the two moves (the later the 6D usually the better) and then 2C/6C has also quite a lot of hitstun when the opponent is airborne so you can adapt to the height of the opponent.

Also, if you find it won't hit because they're too high, I've seen even pro Relius players just switch to 236C>214A/B enders. I'd say landing it is largely affected by how late you can delay 3C>6D

I've found that this combo just requires you to take everything a little bit slower once you start with 3C > 6D. I still have some consistency issues 2-hit Gad Leis, but I feel like I can see which points of my execution caused it to 1-hit. Some things I've noticed about the delays that may help you:

1.) 3C > 6D: try to delay 6D as long as possible before Relius jump-cancels out of the 3C, but before opponents tech before 6D hits. This'll set opponents up for the right height to hit with j.B.

2.) 6D > j.B: Wait just a little bit to hit with j.B after you jump-cancel 3C, usually around the apex of Relius' jump.

3.) j.B > 2C: I tend to hit 2C right after landing from j.B. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of hit-stun to delay this part.

4.) 2C > 6C: There's a lot of hit-stun that can be used to delay between 2C and 6C. Personally though, I haven't found delaying these two to be crucial for getting Gad Leis to 2-hit.

5.) 6C > 41236B: The delays between these two attacks feels like the most important one to hit consistently IMO. I usually start the 41236B input right as 6C hits. My input usually finishes just after 6C's hit-stop ends, letting opponents fall just low enough for a 2-hit Gad Leis before they can tech. It seems like even if you nail all the previous delays spot-on, missing the timing on this one will still get you a 1-hit Gad Leis. Although it works vice versa sometimes; if your previous delays aren't that great, you can still pull off 2-hit Gad Leis if this one is perfect.

So does anyone know a good corner combo that leads to the opponent air teching in a way that lets you reset with 4D?

In CSE I remember (5B->3C->236C~>214A->6C->214A->5C->jump->j.B->j.236C~>j.214A->falling j.C->2C) working extremely well. It didn't abuse Ignis much, did about 4000 damage and often left the opponent higher up believing they could do a forward air tech over you to escape, as Relius looks as if he is stuck recovering from lengthy crouching move with no plausible route to punish his airborne adversary (except of course for Ignis who is lying in wait.:kitty:)

This time around though 2C seems ineffective because it's been made better! 2C now forces the opponent to tech lower to the ground, which only in this case, is bad. Because Relius is right in front of them when they tech in the corner, he still remains both a threat after they tech so they don't have the illusion of freedom to tempt them to forward tech into Ignis' trap. Even worse, Relius' presence close quarters makes the opponent's instinct to barrier guard, which would ruin the reset, that much more compelling. Ignis is also fully visable which also encourages further caution.To top it all off it the opponent neutral techs they will tech so low that 4D will only graze the very top of their hitbox and the wall bounce will be so low that following up with (236C->Rapid->5D desummon->5C->stuff while Ignis regens) is much more difficult, (however it is worth mentioning that if they barrier block the 4D after neutral teching Relius can get a very good mixup opportunity because Relius is free to do any high low shenanigans he so chooses as they descend into the corner)

That being said the prime reason reason I find 2C is not effective is the fact that, as they are Teching in close proximity to him, he is vulnerable to Invincable reversals like inferno divider which will just plow through your reset and kill your momentum.

Logically, we need something that techs the opponent closer to where the old route did. The more discrete, damaging, and Ignis efficient the better. Because 236C and j.236C also tech the opponent pretty low, I was thinking an SMP'd version of the two might work, but if the reset always takes place off of something as conspicuous as a SMP'd id lauger, which is obviously meant to end a combo, people will catch on quick and ready their defensive measures.

Also an good combo from (4D punish->236C->Rapid-> Desummon) into damage and Ignis recovery would be nice, if anyone has one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

You could inflict 6C's SMP intentionally, it makes em instantly air tech when I practice in training mode. I dunno if this is the kinda tech you're lookin for though.

Simple OD corner combo, any hp lvl

[25%]5B>3C>236C>214A>OD>2C>6C>214C>CT>5C(1)>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>2C>4D>3C>(632146D) [4718, 26%, 4500IG]

Optional tedo can bring the damage up to 5700/6000 damage (depends on od duration for od tedo. Note that this combo can be done without od, but wallstick on 214C makes sure that 5C connects at a hight that allows j.214B>j.B

Tough full OD duration combo midscreen. 50% hp for this one. Dunno if its character specific, was done on Azrael. Also nice cuz you have almost full ignis at the end if you start with 100%

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLz_vBZYVuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[50%]5B>6D>5B>3C>6B>9OD>2C>214A>66>5C>236C>214A>5C(1)>j.C>j.236C>j.214B>j.B>2C>6C>4D>OD632146D [5195/27%/~1000IG]

Ignis regen OD combo with ignis active

5B>6D>5B>3C>6D>9OD>2C>4D>66>2C>6C>41236B>5C>6B>j.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B [3384/24%]

Ignis cost isnt listed because you regen a lot of ignis during the 4D flight time into leis. May be possible to desummon for full regen during 4D flight, but I dunno

Ignis regen OD combo with ignis active

5B>6D>5B>3C>6D>9OD>2C>4D>66>2C>6C>41236B>5C>6B>j.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B [3384/24%]

Ignis cost isnt listed because you regen a lot of ignis during the 4D flight time into leis. May be possible to desummon for full regen during 4D flight, but I dunno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD22T2rIxbM#t=328 It is.

Since occasionally I find myself out of range to follow up with lauger and I forget about using 2D occasionally, max range 5B confirm with ignis

5B>6D>6C>6D>41236B>5B>6B>j.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B [2966/21%/3600IG]

Maybe not relevant to everyone who knows to use 2D xD;

Since occasionally I find myself out of range to follow up with lauger and I forget about using 2D occasionally, max range 5B confirm with ignis

5B>6D>6C>6D>41236B>5B>6B>j.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B [2966/21%/3600IG]

Maybe not relevant to everyone who knows to use 2D xD;

I use 5B>6D> 66 3C>6D>j.B into bnb going straight to 3C after 6D makes confirms way easier when hitting 5B at a far range.

Or I use the combo I used in extend in cases where I'm too far for the j.B into bnb: 5B>6D> 66 3C>6D IAD j.B>j.C>6B>j.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B

I don't see where one would use 2D for a max range 5B hit.

Barrier blockers trying to mash mostly. Have a lot of people who think they're safe at about 5B max range so they think you'll dash in. But thanks, I've missed going into lauger so many times from tiny hitboxes like Litchi and Noel at max range 5B

So I don't know if anyone has found this yet, (you all probably know of it or something better) but Relius can get approximatly 3000 damage in a solo meterless combo midscreen.

The input is: 5B->6B->jump cancel->j.B->j.C->2C->6C->41236B->5C->jump cancel->j.B->jump cancel->j.B->j.C->j.236C

It requires you to be close enough to your opponent to connect 5B to 6B which isn't always practical, but I assume that 6B and onwards can be done from any 6B confirm with good proration.

Tragic thing is I havent gotten 2C to connect to 6C in the corner with this route, but I don't know if that means it's not possible.

Forward... 6C goes right off screen so neutral might help, but I can easily see the first j.C whiffing as a result...

To the lab! experimentation ho!

Addendum:So my combo I posted here earlier works off of falling j.B and j.C starters so long as you microdash as soon as you hit the ground making it a bit more conveniant. But this good news comes with a sad note, I am having a bit of trouble working this combo on Makoto and Ragna as 41236B doesn't hit them twice as it does with others like Jin Haku and bullet. I'm not completely sure it will work on them, does anyone know some way to cleanly connect 41236B from a max height 6C on such characters?