Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skd

[CP] Izayoi Gameplay Discussion - Tobe! Gandamu!

I really like Izayoi, but I'm having trouble chaining her moves together. Mostly her teleport into the OTG normal. (236B > 214A > 2B) Is there an easier way of doing this or does it just take practice and precise timing to get down?

Holding down B when you're going for 2B helps a little.

And another question: What should my objective be in the two modes? I assumed in the Normal mode I need to build up her meter and then switch to Gain mode to dish out damage. 

And another question: What should my objective be in the two modes? I assumed in the Normal mode I need to build up her meter and then switch to Gain mode to dish out damage. 

That's kind of the gist of it, GA mode can establish mix ups and other offensive approaches and this is where most of her damage will come from. Please use default text next time, it's really hard to read the text with this color and size. ):  

Time to practice my Trans-Am tech for real now.  What do people have for Trans-Am pressure?  I'm thinking something along the lines of using the bits to cover a switch back to NM then doing 3C JC whiff j.A (bit activates) > j.B or empty jump low but I dunno if there's a good way to convert into a hype combo off that.  It does work in GA and you can go straight into 5A 2C loop from there but I think doing it in NM would be more hype.

Mid pressure there's no way to switch modes in a safe way while in trans am. Bits only place the opponent in 13 frames of blockstun when they make contact and 5/2D are 24 frames total. Bits can't cover it up. You can do it if you want. But keep in mind shes really minus if you do do it. And if they upback or press buttons then you pretty much just lost that opportunity. 

Haven't experimented with NM Trans AM stuff much but they make stance cancels strings a lot stronger. Turns them into like +3ish I think. 2A doesn't stop upback but it CH's Noels 5A.

That seems about right to me, she gets disrespected really easy, can't wait till the patch to drop though, it's gonna be fun messing with new tech with her.

you should keep in mind that hitstop and distance come into play, so most of the time trans-am bit attacks end up leaving you significantly plus if you use lower attack level moves without stance canceling. 2A/5A are about +10/11 or so on block when uncanceled because less hitstop gets applied to izayoi (the bits ignore hitstop for attack timing, so whiffing moves into bit attacks = super frame adv). Anyways, theres no real rule of thumb for determining frame advantage iirc, the numbers are really a pain in the ass to pull. determining exactly what frame the bits attack really sucks, esp because distance is involved. i will say that it **usually** ends up being a total of ~18-22f blockstun to act with depending on the move and distance, ofc. Crouching/standing hitboxes change what frame the bits connect so you also have to take that into consideration as well.

6A point blank is about +4, 6B about +12 and 6C about +13. All of these push the opponent back, so you end up getting a bit more frame adv in most situations.

another thing to note about trans-am is that in this game, if a projectile comes into contact with a character while pushback is being applied, it will be negated for /some reason/. the big thing this came up with was kokonoe fireball setups, but this also applies to trans-am. technically, you can trigger guard bonus with 5C 2C (bits) 5C 2C (bits) 5C 2C(bits) xN. There is no pushback unless they barrier, and if they barrier you get a little more frame advantage, so its all about recognizing the distance and approximate frame advantage it will give you.

Does j.D trigger bit attack? I've been wondering if j.D > NM mixup would work with Transam but I'm too lazy to turn on my PS3 to check.

it does not. only moves with active frames, and then some moves have specific delayed attacks (6A, 6B, GA 6C and GA 3C)

Okay well, I got to try the new Trans-Am and it's pretty hype.

Safejump j.C Trans-Am 2A 2D 2A 2B 3C j.A (whiff) j.B 2B seems to work just fine.  They can DP the 2D if they're on point with reacting to it but it's definitely + in conjunction with the bit.  Once you get them in block with Trans-Am active you can basically do 2B 5C 2C 3C j.A etc. over and over until you open them up.

Also if you ever get a j.B overhead hit in NM with Trans-Am active, you can go into 5B 5C 6C 236A 2A 5B 5C 6C 236A, 5B 6C 236B~214A 2B 623B for an 8-stock refill.  Looks very hype.

How are you doing microdash in 5C and stuff…I'm just getting the GA dashes.

2b 5c 632146d 665c 2c 8/7jC 96jC(crossup) 665c 2c 8/7jC 96jC(crossup) 665c 2c(2) OR 2c(1) 3c 5c 623b~214b 623c~d 4.7k, +23meter

i posted this earlier, dashing normals are possible in this version thanks to acceleration being introduced into izayoi dash (she carries momentum after the dash too) but her GA dash is uncancelable on the first frame, so you have to buffer it as a 0 frame dash. technically, you can perform moves that also use a 6 input while in neutral, so dashing 6A, 6B, and 6C are possible.

yes, dash momentum gets applied on the same frame the normal comes out. technically there is no additional startup, hence 0f dash. You cant dash from neutral in 0f and go to 5C since it would take at least 1f to go to that input. If you are late, you get a GA dash.

the nerfs on the backdash (GA) and D sonic saber is a pain for me, but the damage a get from her with or withouth bar is good, 3757 dmg (GA) whithout using heat or star on midscreen

the damage from fatal counter its huge now! 5K easy,  i could combo 4 3c (GA) ;D

the specifics combo are more easy now too, because 3c (GA) approaches more and is easy to confirm with astraea

i think she's running faster on the beginning of the run.

I noticed in some videos of jpn players that they use GA even they dont have any stars at all. Mainly for movement around the screen to get favourable positioning. But they sometimes go in as well. What dmg can Izayoi get from 0 star GA mode? In what situations would you decide to just go in with 0 stars?

messed around with izayoi yesterday, now I can begin to really learn this character, GA mode mobility is awesome, thou I don't know most of her combos option, the B&B ones seem easier to link, and to combo in GA without stars really helps her, however, I find difficult to escape from preassure, mostly in the corner, will try out more stuff later

Izayoi's new Gain Art dashes are kinda hard to get the hang of. I keep IAD'ing and expecting to jump over my opponent like before. But that seems really legit for mix-up though, since you can do a bunch of overheads/cross-ups in a row rather quickly now.  :)

So the Strike Fall recovery definitely seems shorter somehow since I can do Justice Phorizer pretty easily in places I couldn't do it before, but I haven't been able to catch anyone with 5C afterwards though. It seems like you still have to Strike Fall them from the top of the screen to do that, even though it's only 3 frames slower than 5A and Justice Phorizer. Maybe only certain moves are faster now?