Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freezerburn

Ottawa: Why have fundamentals when you have gimmicks?

Definitely for a tournament at the end, but we still want to leave openings for catch up outside of Gonq in playing out the league matches, right? Gotta allow for some matches taking place off campus for those times when someone has to skip Gonq, because DQ's don't determine who's da bess. :v:

Haha, yeah, but considering these are going to be casual, informal, low-stakes tournaments in front of no one you don't know, don't you go banking on them legitimately preparing you for the real thing...

...until we start streaming them and become instant-Twitch sensations, of course! :lol:

Yeah that sounds fine, though I'd try to keep them at gonq if possible.

I think it'll still help to prepare. From my experience in other games it really does. It's like when you practice a presentation in front of friends or a mirror.

Hell yeah streams/recording sounds great!

Hmmm, I dunno. I definitely agree with free character pick (except after a win), and standard 2/3 rounds (so it doesn't alter the value of Bursts), but it might make sense to play for more games during league matches so it's not all over in a flash. I think Topanga was doing something like first-to-seven games, but that's probably too much for our purposes. I'd personally vote for at least first-to-3 games for the round robin phase.

Not for the league-end tournaments though. We don't want those dragging. Oughta keep them standard.

Yeah that sounds fine. I played a first to uh, I think first to 6 a while ago with Philip and man it was really long to be on my game without a break. First to 3 or 4 seems fine if we want them to be a bit longer than usual.

First to 3 for grand finals of the mini tournament at the end also seems good? With first to 2 for the other things.

Mini tourneys and stuff at the Gonq to attract more people? That actually sounds kinda fun. Man, I need to find me some gas money, lol.

you've suffered enough will, it's time to let go of 60$ per year to play online p2p connection region locked no exclusive brick and embrace the pstriple.

black friday/cyber monday in a week and christmas/boxing week soon so i'm pretty sure you can get one for cheap around 150~200$ at bestbuy/futureshop or something.

i forgot SEGA bought Index so you might not need to get a ps3 after all. SEGA ports most console/handheld games to PC if they think it'll sell well outside Japan.

So I'm getting the digital version of BBCP, if anyone is interested in splitting the cost via gameshare just let me know (the more people the better).

Also if anyone wants to sell their physical/digital version for whatever reason contact me ASAP (saves me the trouble of creating a japanese psn account and all that).

So I'm getting the digital version of BBCP, if anyone is interested in splitting the cost via gameshare just let me know (the more people the better).

Also if anyone wants to sell their physical/digital version for whatever reason contact me ASAP (saves me the trouble of creating a japanese psn account and all that).

Ah, so you are doing this.

I wanted to do this but if I did it, Scott would automatically be the person I'd share it with (because my account is already activated on two systems).

Decisions, decisions...

For our league thing, since we want the highest level of play, I'll say in advance that I will only be playing Kliff for league matches. This way people know what they'll be up against and can practice for that and we can all do our best, yay!

Ah, so you are doing this.

I wanted to do this but if I did it, Scott would automatically be the person I'd share it with (because my account is already activated on two systems).

Decisions, decisions...

I bought Andy's copy yesterday so don't worry, but get on that BBCP asap so you don't get left behind.

The Bedman cometh!

l_52932f7273485ojjzs.jpg

It's a really politically-charged character given the circumstances behind Japan's current economic woes. xD

Otherwise, I've got a league chart mostly whipped up in Google Spreadsheet that I'll share when I get home a little later.

I bought Andy's copy yesterday so don't worry, but get on that BBCP asap so you don't get left behind.

Ah, if that's the case, I'll just play the fuck out of it during gathers until March. I'll have a bunch of theorycrafting to do! Yay!

Screw Google Spreadsheet, Challonge records things much better. You just have to search through all the possible matches to fill in results since there's no matchup chart built in.

We can try to start a GG round robin tomorrow if people are motivated. There's just some planning and time frames to take into account if we're going to accommodate everyone who's expressed interest.

Also not sure if anyone will be bringing equipment besides me tomorrow. (Dev's got other commitments this week at least.) I'm only juggling either a console or a monitor myself with the sticks, not both, so I'll just go with the console unless people are bringing more than one already.

EDIT: Talk to me if you're bringing equipment.

I can bring my 360 if needed. I got dibs on that huge CRT and we'll see if Bruce can rustle up a monitor for us so we can have 2 setups. :3

Hell yeah I want to start our league matches tomorrow! Let's get this shit started!

Just to be sure, we're doing with the plus/minus system, right?

Yup, we are. Still working on reconfiguring the template to reflect that, but I'll post it once I do so everyone can keep track or update it themselves if I'm not around.

Alright, here's the link to the Google Doc. Creative vandalization / input / corrections appreciated.

Anyone who has ideas of how to run this better, chime in. I'll try to keep the telling-each-player-conflicting-information-as-to-whether-they're-playing-a-real-league-match-or-not to a minimum from now on. (Apologies again, FreezerB and Dagwood!) Next time I'll try to get us started earlier, so we're not trying to squeeze in random matches right before people leave.

I'm personally in favour of getting all our matches (plus the finals?) out of the way by the week before Christmas, as I'm screwing off to visit family in the 'States. If Psykotik still wants into the league after NEC, we could do it. We'd just run a Psykotik-kumite night or something to catch things up.

Otherwise, the league's still open for anyone else who's going to be around for the next few weeks. (Tapioca? Tuigi? ...VERBAL?)