Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freezerburn

Ottawa: Why have fundamentals when you have gimmicks?

We're back in full today.

Algonquin College Meetups

e206b, Student Commons. Second floor above the Starbucks.

5:10pm onwards.

Bring your own controller.

Maybe bring monitors if you want a guaranteed place to play (I couldn't bring my extra today).

Capcomu, Animu, Waifu.

Let's go do it.

Fite me bro.

Anyone free to meet me at Dev's tonight to help transport some stuff to Gonq? Otherwise, I'll just go direct with my Xbox and sticks.

Should be at Gonq tonight before 7 with a pair of setups for anime (and KOF because I always to play that a bit).

Should be at Gonq tonight before 7 with a pair of setups for anime (and KOF because I always to play that a bit).

And with that...

Algonquin College Meet-Ups

e206b (Possibly e209 Offices today). 5pm onwards. Student Commons.

Second Floor above the Starbucks.

Bring your controllers.

We have four monitors and two 360s, plus two CRTs. Bring what you need to play.

I might have to sit this one out, havn't decided yet. I've been fighting off a cold for a few days. :(

damn.. I'll have to try and convince someone else to play AH3 with me :P

Heads up, I'm going to sit out Gonq today on account of my car not handling the sub-minus-20 temperatures well.

it's cold out

If you're staying in too, I'll play you on XBL.

I'll be there this Thursday. Gotta sell a stick to Will.

I told Scott I was willing to forfeit my matches but he won't let me. So prepare for the most trolltastic matches ever which are all my matches dohohohohoho

I'll be there this Thursday. Gotta sell a stick to Will.

I told Scott I was willing to forfeit my matches but he won't let me. So prepare for the most trolltastic matches ever which are all my matches dohohohohoho

Haha, sweet. We already had one forfeiture though, you can definitely go that route if you want. It's just in my best interest that you don't and that you take at least one round against Colin, is all. ;)

To steal Bruce's job:

Algonquin College Meet-Up Tomorrow

Either room e206b or e209. 5pm onwards. Student Commons.

Second Floor above the Starbucks.

Bring yo controllers. (Especially now that one of our Chronus adapters has bitten the dust. >.> I'll probably insist that my Qanba stick to the PS3 because of it.)

Dev and I will be there with the usual Xbox, PS3, Asus and CRT, while I'm guessing everyone else fights over the usual 4 house monitors. I'm sure the rest of you know what other equipment to bring by now.

Come out and have fun. It won't even be thaaat cold!

GG's last night, guys.

Our Guilty Gear round robin league finally wrapped up, so here are the final results:

1. sage (7W, +19)

2. Rigel (5W, +11)

3. lofo (5W, +8)

4. Essay (5W, +8 as well, but lost to lofo)

5. Krackatoa (3W, -3)

6. FreezerB (2W, -9)

7. Hash (1W, -15)

8. Dagwood (0W, -19)

People seem leaning against a follow up seeded tourney finals, which is understandable with how long this stretched on. Efforts are probably better spent on us just keeping fresh for the tourney on Feb 22nd, which Montreal miight still show up to.

The league would move a lot faster if it wasn't held up by some stupid jerk who just pushes buttons all day.

It's not a bad format but it does need some strict deadlines in terms of matches. Otherwise, this problem will always happen. Any play system that requires equal participation from everyone is always going to suffer if there are gaps and/or delays. It's the same in tourneys. Winner bracket moves too fast and players end up waiting forever, someone steps out for food or a smoke and gets lost forever, someone's too good and playing in multiple tourneys, etc.

That said, there's nothing stopping people running tourneys alongside the league. Or keep a tally of matches during tourneys and use the results to populate the league stats.

And GGs to everyone! My league matches were boring as fuck but the casuals were so hilarious.