Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nehle

Dizzy Tutorial Video Project

I've been thinking about doing Dizzy video tutorials for some time. Now I finally have the capping card again so I can begin slightly. My first thought was only to make it about okizeme and mind games, but I'm not sure, so basically, I'm creating this thread to see what people would like to see in such a video, or if you think it's a good idea at all. So Do you guys think it's a good idea? "Advanced" stuff only or should it be a complete guide, like rundowns of normals, specials, zoning, combos and stuff like that? Anything special you want to see in it? I know we have good players here, if you want to contribute, it would really be appreciated. So basically, that's it, post thought and comments please :)

i would love the stuff about mid arena oki/setup, and what can she get from mid arena knock down ... that i think i'm lacking the most :) and i don't mind with some basic break down, the 6hs is the most problematic one for me to use and take advantage of it upon hit

I'ld like the guide to be more well rounded covering basic with a dash of advance input not advance combo's. While dizzy basic isn't hard to master it's the mind games and dizzy strategies that makes her vastly different from other characters. Stuff that should be included: Tick throw set ups. Oki/pressure 2d Jc application Usuage of various fish combination, even weird ones like k,hs

I'ld like the guide to be more well rounded covering basic with a dash of advance input not advance combo's.

While dizzy basic isn't hard to master it's the mind games and dizzy strategies that makes her vastly different from other characters.

Stuff that should be included:

Tick throw set ups.

Oki/pressure

2d Jc application

Usuage of various fish combination, even weird ones like k,hs

This is pretty much my original thought, although I'm not sure about K~H fish, as I never use it myself, but if you have a good application for it, I'd be glad to take it up :)

yeah i agree with zaeries, msot of the time flashy comboes is't what makes a good dizzy rather good oki setups combined with good mindgames. If the video shows how playing Dizzy requires planning and being a couple steps ahead of your opponent, I think it be good for newer players. A lot of times that i play Dizzy i notice how better players will block your oki pressure and find inginous ways to escape and put you at a disadvantege, its very important to think ahead and use different options to keep your opponent excatly were you want him.

P.S I use the K~H fish combination againts people who delay there wake up(Robo-Ky, Bridget, ect.) that way if they dont delay there wake-up the K will act as a meaty, if they do then the H will be a meaty

I like that idea! I agree with Gonzales about diffrent characters can escape in their own way. And we should cover character specific okizemes like bait TE Warrant, SO VV bait or JA diffrent timing on the fish summon on the corner.

Alright, guys, thanks a lot for your input :)

Down to the actual planning. In my opinion, it would be best to divide this stuff into chapters, seeing as there might be quite a lot to cover, and it would be a mess making just one long thing. However, all these things weave into each other at many different points. You can't really explain a combo without explaining the setups for it, even though the setups usually are a lot more advanced.

Anyways, here's my suggestion of what it should look like

• Chapter 1: Normals, specials, basic combos
  • Chapter 2: Zoning/Spacing, defense, summons
  • Chapter 3: Mind games/okizeme/tick throws
  • Chapter 4: Advanced setups/inputs/combos
  • Appendix: Character specifics

I know chapter 4 is not that important compared to the rest, but I feel that the other three need to be explained before the fourth one. You can't do good setups without knowing the mind games behind them, imo

But most important of all WHAT SOUNDTRACK SHALL WE USE?!?:roboky:

I think a complete guide would be the best, but at the same time might be a lot of work. Are you able to make long videos? If so probably not fit for youtube but more for torrent or something. In terms of length, I'm thinking it might play out like this: Ch1: 5+ minutes (because of basic combos) Ch2: 5+ minutes Ch3: 20+ minutes (~10 for okizeme alone, not sure about mind games) Ch4: 5 minutes (I'm guessing this is for flashy but not practical?) Appendix: ~25 minutes (if you devote ~1 minute to each character) Total: ~35 minutes w/o Appendix, and ~60 w/ Appendix For the time length of Ch3, it might even be as short as 5 minutes if you're just considering basic okizeme. I'm not sure what you'll include in mind games so I can't give any estimates on that. ----- Are you doing this project alone? By that I mean, are you doing all the recording/editing yourself? I was thinking to save time you might want to take short clips from existing match/combo videos, or even have people submit their own short clips to you. I'd help but I don't have any capture devices :(

Yea, Chapter 3 is possibly the biggest, but I think it can be shortened somewhat if we can list the general principle behind okizeme and giving examples instead of listing every okizeme known to man. As for the Appendix, I don't think I'll take EVERY character - it is not going to be a video representation of the matchup thread by any measure. Rather, it should go through some common problems dizzy players may find difficult and annoying, such as reversals with more than one hit (VV, Starship and such), catch reversals (Axl, testament), Baiken. Simply put those situations where playing Dizzy like normal really screws you over. As far as I know, I'm doing the recordings alone. It would be nice if someone else had a capping card but I don't think capturing from other CMVs or Match videos is a very good idea. I'd prefer to keep everything roughly the same quality and most CMs and Matchvids just aren't good enough :\ Edit: The optimal would be to fit every chapter to youtube length, so if I notice something is going to take way too much time, I'll either have to do some creative cutting or simply divide stuff into more chapters

Stuff that should be included:

Tick throw set ups.

Oki/pressure

2d Jc application

Usage of various fish combination, even weird ones like k,hs

The above listing would be great to see in action. If anything, the possible variations/options one could use to get a knockdown, throw, damage combo, etc.

I wish you the best of luck in this project sir.

It seems like there's too much work involved. Hell.. I made a 1 minute long video and the whole process took 3 hours already... -_-

Btw, the video is related to 2S and stuff.

2S

It's pretty cool watching it, but 2S is so situational ._.

Yeah, when I first started playing Dizzy I kept thinking whenever someone jumped in, "2S!". And was like, "Why don't they float?!" Thinking it was like a ariel rave in MvC2 or some shit :v:

2S is so situational ._.

Yeah, one thing I thought about adding into the video was when to do 2S so that you can clash with air normals like Pot's j.D, and what you can do after they clash. But... it's still situational. :sweatdrop:

Btw, here's another one. It's about 5D.

5D

does that mean the tech time is delayed for them a bit?

Nope, it doesn't imply anything. Whether they were crouching or standing, the combo is the same when they get launched by dust. I just thought it would be more relevant to have the training dummy couching (since they usually don't get hit by dust while standing..) although.... the truth is that the dummy happened to be crouching and I never bothered to change it... :sweatdrop:

EDIT: Reworded.. since I meant the dust combo not the ground combo.