Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finkledoodoo

American I-nos!!!

I push pad as far as I can but I've been trying to switch to stick for a while now. something always makes things not work out. (such as I order and the stick turns out to be out of stock) While almost everything is possible on pad I do have a handful of things I think would be fairly easier for me to execute on stick: Gattling 2D > HCL > FRC > 66 > ETC 66 > UF STBT into FRC Throw. (I can't count the times I've accidently entered the FRC a frame late and ended up with I-No going into IK mode instead.) Machine Gun Chemical Love Pushback combos. (5K, CL, FRC, 5k, CL, FRC, ETC)

Good luck to you guys. I played on an arcade for about 4 hours straight, went back another 8 hours, and grasped the concept of playing on stick. DP motions stick kick my ass, but I need to learn them for MB. Especially for the charrie I play.>,>Sorry random. But I-no is perfect, when you play her on stick from what I hear. Depends. Do you want to be a simple I-no player, Or Koichi IZ AWESOME I-no player?

Uh oh,

I'll never be any good if I keep neglecting I-no practice for Arcana Heart. But, it's sooo damn loli!!! How can you say no? Somebody help me!!!!

Shows him Arcana 2........MWAHAAH, LOLI PLUS MATURE WOMEN/LOLI mwahaha, don't run away from the Loli.........EMBRASE IT! and if your hype for the game, do what you can do, just try to balance the games. Sometimes Id do a week of Melty Blood, a week of Guiltamagear, and a week of Arcana.

Shows him Arcana 2........MWAHAAH, LOLI PLUS MATURE WOMEN/LOLI mwahaha, don't run away from the Loli.........EMBRASE IT! and if your hype for the game, do what you can do, just try to balance the games. Sometimes Id do a week of Melty Blood, a week of Guiltamagear, and a week of Arcana.

I play everything, litterally. Only games I don't play are imports because if japan doesn't have faith in america, I won't support them. Anyways, my schedule looks something like, get off work midnight, arcana lieselotte loop practice, arcade mode practice. Magento ROM practice, ssbb practice, than about three or four refreshers on some old games like bloody roar, budokai3, soul calibur and ect... I'm usually done at around 5 or 6. My I-no time was replaced by lieselotte. The practice is for our weekend gatherings, at therapest's house. He got third at C3 in guilty gear last weekend and fourth in 3S!!! I'll have to cut arcade mode in arcana to keep my I-no up to comp level around here. Thanks for the advice though.

laterz!

Love loli or die!!!

But I-no is perfect, when you play her on stick from what I hear. Depends. Do you want to be a simple I-no player, Or Koichi IZ AWESOME I-no player?

*does not believe.

Instead of comparing pad players to Koichi why not compare them to other stick I-no players in America? Or is there just not much difference (if any) at all to make a valid point?

Try playing on a stick for at least a year (In fact I started playing Guilty Gear on a stick, surprise!).

I'm not saying pad is superior, I'm just stating that they have everything they need to win and there is absolutely no requirement to change to stick unless a vast amount of inputs become easier with some practice.

need help on a couple things with ino. first thing is....what moves during a gatling do i try to add the jump install? dont know if im doing that correctly...also the chemical love frc can you dash (if jump installed) if you end it with 2s or 2d? because i noticed after i do the CL after those ending that im really low to the ground and i havent been able to dash yet....dont know if its because i suck at her right now or if u cant dash after. also the negative edging....whats the input on getting that done? and the multiple 236 s,p,k i be seeing done like multiple hits in an air combo...how is that done? sorry to ask so many questions i would just like to be trying to practice this stuff and getting the hang of it..

Anything jump cancellable is a spot where you can jump install. If you have a 5p/5k/5s©/5hs in your string, you can push up, then immediately (before the jump happens), do the rest like 2s/2d/2hs HCL 6FRC6 and it will work. During a jump install combo, I believe you have a 2 frame gap to get the dash right, so the timing is somewhat frustrating at first. That's why the 6FRC6 method is so good. As in, press forward as you frc and just push forward one more time, which is much easier than FRC66.

*does not believe.

Instead of comparing pad players to Koichi why not compare them to other stick I-no players in America? Or is there just not much difference (if any) at all to make a valid point?

Try playing on a stick for at least a year (In fact I started playing Guilty Gear on a stick, surprise!).

I'm not saying pad is superior, I'm just stating that they have everything they need to win and there is absolutely no requirement to change to stick unless a vast amount of inputs become easier with some practice.

Umm no.

See my point is, Koichi does all of these ridiculous combos, but if you were to attempt them on pad, you could either.

A.Hurt your fingers.

B.Hurt your fingers.

Or C...

C.Hurt your fingers.

Its annoying as hell, but I respect the I-no players. I was just talking about the style of the I-no one is trying to play on. They all have the tools, but the excution for them seems quite easier.IMO

I know. Whenever I play I-no, I play her defensively.

Wear in your fingers. Then you will not feel pain.

what all moves with ino are jump cancel able? on vids i be seeing ino do chemical love frc and it be close to the ground but i didnt see any jc moves...only one i know that is jc is slash..i be seeing the japanese doing something like 2s into CL frc dash....i was thinking if u 2s CL if u tiger knee it wont hit cause u are too low to the ground....i could be wrong... EDIT: I accidentally edited out the second half because I thought I hit "quote". My apologies. :psyduck:

I play everything, litterally. Only games I don't play are imports because if japan doesn't have faith in america, I won't support them. Anyways, my schedule looks something like, get off work midnight, arcana lieselotte loop practice, arcade mode practice. Magento ROM practice, ssbb practice, than about three or four refreshers on some old games like bloody roar, budokai3, soul calibur and ect... I'm usually done at around 5 or 6. My I-no time was replaced by lieselotte. The practice is for our weekend gatherings, at therapest's house. He got third at C3 in guilty gear last weekend and fourth in 3S!!! I'll have to cut arcade mode in arcana to keep my I-no up to comp level around here. Thanks for the advice though.

laterz!

Love loli or die!!!

GGGooood SHIIT MAAN XD, I like your regime. Even I haven't played Blood Roar in a hot minute, since theres no one to play it with, your ok in my book. Im trying to get back into Arcana, cause its awesome, and cause my friend gets to play Arcana 2 every other weekend, and I can't let him surpass me O,,..,,o.

Umm no.

See my point is, Koichi does all of these ridiculous combos, but if you were to attempt them on pad, you could either.

A.Hurt your fingers.

B.Hurt your fingers.

Or C...

C.Hurt your fingers.

Its annoying as hell, but I respect the I-no players. I was just talking about the style of the I-no one is trying to play on. They all have the tools, but the excution for them seems quite easier.IMO

you noob. only people who never played games in their lives would hurt their fingers. Im not really sure what kinda motions u are trying to do haha.

need help on a couple things with ino. first thing is....what moves during a gatling do i try to add the jump install? dont know if im doing that correctly...also the chemical love frc can you dash (if jump installed) if you end it with 2s or 2d? because i noticed after i do the CL after those ending that im really low to the ground and i havent been able to dash yet....dont know if its because i suck at her right now or if u cant dash after. also the negative edging....whats the input on getting that done? and the multiple 236 s,p,k i be seeing done like multiple hits in an air combo...how is that done?

sorry to ask so many questions i would just like to be trying to practice this stuff and getting the hang of it..

Negative Edge is performed by pressing a button, keeping it pressed while entering command inputs for a special move and the releasing the button at the same time you normally would press the button down.

So essentially you could input 63214k(hold k)76(release k).

Umm no.

A.Hurt your fingers.

B.Hurt your fingers.

Or C...

C.Hurt your fingers.

Actually most of Kochi's combos aren't ridiculous. What makes him so good is he knows what to do in every single situation. (I say most because obviously he has pulled off some amazing stuff)

what all moves with ino are jump cancel able? on vids i be seeing ino do chemical love frc and it be close to the ground but i didnt see any jc moves...only one i know that is jc is slash..i be seeing the japanese doing something like 2s into CL frc dash....i was thinking if u 2s CL if u tiger knee it wont hit cause u are too low to the ground....i could be wrong...

you're wrong. anything that can hit with the JI method can also hit with the TK method. Some things are siginifically harder but still can be done with practice.

Also as an example of my earlier post...

http://www.mediafire.com/?z9ztm52yxlj

Actually most of Kochi's combos aren't ridiculous. What makes him so good is he knows what to do in every single situation. (I say most because obviously he has pulled off some amazing stuff)

Slash Koichi was waaaay different (and better). THAT stuff was outright ridiculous.

Umm no.

A.Hurt your fingers.

B.Hurt your fingers.

Or C...

C.Hurt your fingers.

Defensive I-no... whut? Match vids of you proving this style wins matches would be appreciated. Hurt your fingers? You seriously need to play more! And sticks hurt my wrists even though I rest them, but if I was better at playing a stick then I wouldn't give a damn, that's right!

BuckleMyShoe: Are those repeated Negative Edge CL FRCs without macros? whoa... dude, if they seriously force you over there in America that must suck! I'd like to know how many times good stick players actually mess up pressing 3 buttons at the same time :psyduck:

Was it really Koichi being better in the Slash era or just him being awesome as usual and the tiers giving him a little more omph?

what all moves with ino are jump cancel able? on vids i be seeing ino do chemical love frc and it be close to the ground but i didnt see any jc moves...only one i know that is jc is slash..i be seeing the japanese doing something like 2s into CL frc dash....i was thinking if u 2s CL if u tiger knee it wont hit cause u are too low to the ground....i could be wrong...

I-no's 5p, 5k, 5s(close), and 5hs are JCable, and let you Jump Install or tiger knee moves off of them. I-no's hover dash (normal 66) is also JCable, which means if you don't use the jump, you can land, do anything (as long as you don't go back to neutral), and then have it auto-jump installed. I.e. dash, land, 2s (as a low attack), HCL 6FRC6 and this works because you still have the jump from the dash. I hope that clears up stuff.

Defensive I-no... whut? Match vids of you proving this style wins matches would be appreciated. Hurt your fingers? You seriously need to play more! And sticks hurt my wrists even though I rest them, but if I was better at playing a stick then I wouldn't give a damn, that's right!

BuckleMyShoe: Are those repeated Negative Edge CL FRCs without macros? whoa... dude, if they seriously force you over there in America that must suck! I'd like to know how many times good stick players actually mess up pressing 3 buttons at the same time :psyduck:

Was it really Koichi being better in the Slash era or just him being awesome as usual and the tiers giving him a little more omph?

Those were done with a PKS macro, my point was if I had a stick I wouldn't have to deal with the problems in the vids.

I play I-No pretty defensively against some charachters, Slayer, Sol, Order-Sol, Chipp. I love to be aggressive but for some charachters it's just easier to let them make a mistake.

Umm no.

A.Hurt your fingers.

B.Hurt your fingers.

Or C...

C.Hurt your fingers.

I second that thought *previous sufferer of tendenitis :v: * could play shit for about 2 and a half months D:, and playing a combination of Ino and May, is makin it act up again. As a pad user ya really gotta know when to call it quits, but you guys know how it is, when your on a roll its soooo hard to stop :v:

you noob. only people who never played games in their lives would hurt their fingers. Im not really sure what kinda motions u are trying to do haha.

Not necessarily, this is Guilty Gear you know, and he does play it enough to know that you have to play this game many times hours to get what you can right. Maybe if he was refering to maybe 1 to 2 hour sessions of GG play you would be right. But if he was refering to ppl like me that get stuck in combo trance mode and practice non stop from anywhere from 6 to 9 hours, that shit will fuck your hands up nice :v: .

Btw, don't forget everryone was a noob at one point, even yourself, and even if he's not as experienced as you, you should'nt discourage ppl, that are trying to come up the later.

I second that thought *previous sufferer of tendenitis :v: * could play shit for about 2 and a half months D:, and playing a combination of Ino and May, is makin it act up again. As a pad user ya really gotta know when to call it quits, but you guys know how it is, when your on a roll its soooo hard to stop :v:

Not necessarily, this is Guilty Gear you know, and he does play it enough to know that you have to play this game many times hours to get what you can right. Maybe if he was refering to maybe 1 to 2 hour sessions of GG play you would be right. But if he was refering to ppl like me that get stuck in combo trance mode and practice non stop from anywhere from 6 to 9 hours, that shit will fuck your hands up nice :v: .

Btw, don't forget everryone was a noob at one point, even yourself, and even if he's not as experienced as you, you should'nt discourage ppl, that are trying to come up the later.

i wasnt trying to discourage him, it was more of joking around with him. My thumb does hurt after playing for a long time so.

i wasnt trying to discourage him, it was more of joking around with him. My thumb does hurt after playing for a long time so.

Its all cool man, I just like to stick up for my friends just in case :eng101:

And playing with a stick for 6-9 hours doesn't make you fatigued at all, obviously :psyduck:.

Anyways, this is topic is derailing so let me just say that I have a great respect for the existing

I-no players in America because you all perform great in comparison to other gg players.

I'll tell you guys right now...if I have arthritis in my hands years from now...it's from Guilty Gear. ;)

And I will be proud of that.

Amen :yaaay:

I'll tell you guys right now...if I have arthritis in my hands years from now...it's from Guilty Gear. ;)

And I will be proud of that.

WTF!?LOL:yaaay: