Sign in to follow this  
Airk

EVO Games this year

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, but as people may be aware, EVO is determining their 8th game in a 'vote with your wallet' funfest as per this SRK Newspost..

Of course, the link for BB is broken (Good job, SRK!); The correct link seems to be:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-bbcp

I recognize that we're probably not going to be the winners here, but this is a chance to show support anyway. All moneys go to a very worthy cause (Which happens to be near and dear to my heart, as I've had several family members with breast cancer, all of whom are still with us), so it can't hurt to put in what you can. Thank you.

I plan on donating £10 for GG. Not only am I voting for my favourite game, but I can feel good about doing it. Glad they did this for charity, makes a change.

I don't think this is the place to debate the "already in" games; I just made this thread to let people know they can "vote" for the last slot.

$50 for GG

Wait. Street Fighter X Tekken got in? What did that patch do?!

The conspiracy theories say that it could be that capcom has something to do with it, since they are one of the major sponsors and all of that, it wouldn't be a surprise if they $$$$ their way like they did last year

Edited by Hecatom

Not voting for Blazblue even though I love the series. It would be silly if BB:CP got in by some miraculous turn of events but my main concern is that the ones who would be playing haven't had enough time to hone their skills for tournament play.

Though I am boggling at why they would put P4 in there..

In a more perfect world, I really would like to see Skullgirls get into Evo. I love all the other options as much as the next guy, but I'm really hoping that a hype showing at Evo will give this game a much needed boost, similar to KoF last year.

But in reality all I really have to look forward to is the biblical levels of salt that will appear when everyone loses their shit about Melee getting the last slot.

Edited by Kerp

Though I am boggling at why they would put P4 in there..

Because it has the support of their players, simply as that, also is a good game

I feel like any year an Arcsys game gets featured at EVO is a small victory. Even if I didn't play P4A, which I do (and I think it's a great game that totally deserves its slot), I'd be happy it was in.

If by some grace of god an BBCP arcade cabinet gets to EVO, I would put money down and wait there, play all the games off of one cabinet.

This may be the last chance we get for BlazBlue to get into Evo- The game desperately needs some more renown, GG is alreaady set in stone as one of the greatets games in history and will never be forgotten... BB on the other hand is a game we love that doesn't seem to be growing at all... Could really use a spot at EVO even if its BBCP that most people won't be great at.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/13/evo-2013-donation-drive-standings-and-rule-update/

Ponies is out for a tournament but it will be getting stage and stream time in an exhibition.

This means second place will be getting the 8th spot instead.

Skullgirls and Guilty Gear are the closest to closing the gap on Smash.

LETS GO ANIME!

I am putting 150 for GG on 25th of this month sorry BB but GG is my true love