Sign in to follow this  
Airk

EVO Games this year

Why the wait when you can throw the money now, just saying :P

Because I've already given $300 total to the event, I'd just like to see if GG can step it up and get within a more secure range before I donate again.

well, 1st of all, thanks for donating, i will follow your steps this 25th and donate 150 to 200, hopefully more will donate by the time :)

That is something that i also have wondered about, is like the BB community is not willing to support it despite how much they say that they love the game :/

Maybe they are skeptical that the game would do it, or maybe they don't think that BBCP will come in time?

Any way, in my case is because i want GG to success, so i am putting my money on GG :kitty:

I will donate to GG and not BB because I want BBCP to be the Evo game and that just doesn't look feasible anymore. Even if +R isn't out by then, I would much rather see Accent Core than Extend.

I will donate to GG and not BB because I want BBCP to be the Evo game and that just doesn't look feasible anymore. Even if +R isn't out by then, I would much rather see Accent Core than Extend.

This is what people say every year though.

Next year CP will be out and people will be saying they don't want to see CP but CP2 instead.

This is what people say every year though.

Next year CP will be out and people will be saying they don't want to see CP but CP2 instead.

well yeah, they say it every year because it happens every year lol. I now default to the idea that the next version won't be out in time with Arc Sys games, in which cause I legitimately prefer GGAC over BBEX.

No point in donating to the game you really want, it will never make it without a miracle (or excessive spending). People want their game to be there so bad (whether to troll or not), that they forget about the cause. Especially when it's about a research for something that is almost the exact opposite of what the scene is. I mean, how many of these people have ever even cupped a feel, nonetheless understand what breast cancer is? If they threw MLP in there as a joke, then they might as well should have put LoL and Starcraft in there to earn some REAL cash.

A donation shouldn't be the basis for a game being at EVO. It should be number of entrants. Last year there were around 100 entrants for BB and around 300 for SG in just side tournaments. These are potential turnouts that could have done better with a little better preparation, planning, and dedication.

Point being, if you want a tournament for a game you like, you have to do it yourself. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to practice BlazBlue for EVO. Even if it's not a main event game or even a breast cancer game, don't shun the game itself. I understand that people should practice their main games to win. Do that sure, but if you are a real supporter of BlazBlue and you want the game to be at EVO 2014, it starts with EVO 2013 Side Tournament. Support the crap out of it. I think we should bring awareness and preparation that this game WILL be at EVO as a side tournament. And then, when the day comes, we'll have a huge turnout. That will make people second guess BlazBlue as just another cult game.

I know people have probably talked about this before, but let's get serious and let's make a real effort.

Let's make an announcement Article on the front page of Dustloop for Blazblue.

Let's practice for Blazblue and for high level play.

Let's play for a Blazblue side tournament and make it big.

Let's make a future for the Blazblue franchise.

...And most importantly...

Let's get Hype for Blazblue!

I'm going to sell my body on the street and put my earnings into the pot for BB.

50 cents won't make much difference.

Current Leader:

Skullgirls ($3365.00)

Nearest Rivals:

SSBM ($2840.07)

DOA 5 ($1327.69)

Guilty Gear ($1100.00)

Don't SSBM have their own tournament this year? Why would they take the spot on Evo, too?

They want to steal all the equipment of course! Kappa
LOL

yeah, Kenja has a good point. The smash community is gigantic compared to SG/Dustloop/etc, leaving it up to donations always meant that either FiM or Smash would win. I went to Evo last year to play BB and that's not gonna change this year, no matter what.

Very surprise yet they still support SSBM, i know but lasted time i support SSBM was at my Scene at MTL, is it pretty much gone by now after the release of brawl. Not against it but very good at least they put an good smash game in.

Makes me wish I had the kind of money that could beat these "huge" communities. If I were anywhere near part of the 1%, I'd pretty much be able to say "Pfff. 14K for smash? 20K BB, get out."

Oh well.

I threw some at BB and GG. I traveled there last year just for the BB side tournament, and you bet I'll be there again this year just for BB and GG..and I guess I'll jump in P4U for the giggles. So I look forward to some great matches with everyone.